• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is overcoming a Time Stop through speed a quantifiable speed feat?

An instantaneous movement literally qualifies on the speed page. If you disagree with movement in 0 time which would be instantaneous being infinite, you can revise Speed.

^ Is not a 100% confirmed fact
You're not talking about a typical instantaneous movement, moving a set distance in zero time.
You're talking about moving a set distance while time does not flow at all.
I've given you literal mathematical proof that this does not prove infinite speed, and the speed page already specifically mentions a scenario where time does not exist.

I've also proven that even if you DID have infinite speed, you still wouldn't be able to move while time is not flowing. Ultimately, this scenario CANNOT be explained with math, which is why it falls under HAX, in particular Resistance to Time Manipulation.

An instantaneous movement literally qualifies on the speed page. If you disagree with movement in 0 time which would be instantaneous being infinite, you can revise Speed.

^ Is not a 100% confirmed fact
Again, it says on the Speed page: "Note 4:

Timeless Voids, i.e. areas within a setting that lack time or exist outside of the flow of time, cannot be used to grant Infinite speed. One might be tempted to apply Speed = Distance/Time and say that time equals 0 in this situation, thus moving through this type of void should result in Infinite speed. However, in a Timeless Void, time does not exist, making Time = Not Applicable.

So in short, Time = Nonexistent or Not Applicable and Distance/Time = Undefined and cannot be determined under these conditions."

Time Stopped areas act as a way to make time act as if it's non-existent

You're not talking about a typical instantaneous movement, moving a set distance in zero time.
A time stop would be 0 time, so yes I am.
You're talking about moving a set distance while time does not flow at all.
Aka, 0 time.
I've given you literal mathematical proof that this does not prove infinite speed, and the speed page already specifically mentions a scenario where time does not exist.
Time does exist though, it's just 0.
I've also proven that even if you DID have infinite speed, you still wouldn't be able to move while time is not flowing. Ultimately, this scenario CANNOT be explained with math, which is why it falls under HAX, in particular Resistance to Time Manipulation.
You haven't proven that though.

Time Stopped areas act as a way to make time act as if it's non-existent
By stopping time, it still exists, it's just 0

So, you're not taking "instant" it at face value? Why not? If it was infinitesimal, it would say so. But it doesn't say that.

It's a counter to the fact that they are able to move a finite distance.
Now you've lost me a bit. Why exactly does this matter? Any action within 0 time would be instant and therefore qualify for infinite speed via our standards.

It's still instant. That's not a counter to the action itself being instantaneous.
YuriAkuto is an official knowledgeable member on speed, as said on the "Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology)" he was the first one to reply to this thread and said, "just resistance"

Instantaneous is still a really small amount of time. There's this thing called the Planck instant. It has the word instant, so it must mean 0 time right?
Did you meant Plank Time? That is the shortest time that can be potentially measurable in the real world, since any less time means even light isn't able to travel the distance of a plank length, which currently breaks physics

0 time isn't plank time, but I do agred that Instantly > 0 speed.
This is why Passive hax > thought based haxes

YuriAkuto is an official knowledgeable member on speed, as said on the "Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology)" he was the first one to reply to this thread and said, "just resistance"
While true, my words alone don't have to be taken as absolute or anything like that.
Otherwise Immeasurable speed would be a mere memory as of now.

Although Time Stop giving speed was already discussed countless times, and that was the answer we reached iirc.

Honestly, if it was discussed, what i'm talking about should have a note on the page or something along those lines.

Honestly, if it was discussed, what i'm talking about should have a note on the page or something along those lines.
A note for that is already there, note 4. It's common sense that a time stopped area is the same as a timeless void, the wiki doesn't have to hold your hand for you to get simple stuff like that

Except a platform has no fundamental difference.

In one instance, time literally does not exist. In another instance, time does exist.

Moving where time does not exist is unquantifiable. Moving within 0 time is instant.

Except a platform has no fundamental difference.

In one instance, time literally does not exist. In another instance, time does exist.

Moving where time does not exist is unquantifiable. Moving within 0 time is instant.
Time existing and not doing anything is the same as it not being there at all, like it's literally doing nothing

...no? Timeless void doesn't even have time. That's the fundamental difference. Time can not equal 0, but when time isn't flowing temporarily yet still exists, time = 0.

I might answer for a bit. If it's really pure speed and he overcame a time stop, then that quantifies as immeasurable (though this is very rare). If the speed is lesser then that's just resistance, innit? Just asking.

I might answer for a bit. If it's really pure speed and he overcame a time stop, then that quantifies as immeasurable (though this is very rare). If the speed is lesser then that's just resistance, innit? Just asking.
There's Vegeta who has resistance to Mind Manipulation, who resisted such an ability via sheer willpower, and doesn't have Supernatural Willpower

Back