• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Natsu the most cliche shonen anime protag of all time?

Yu-Gi-Oh. Season 1. Yugi vs Pegasus, Yugi was losing hope feeling he had no support then he realized he had the support of his friends which allowed him to play a card which would later allow him to summon Magician of Black Chaos and win. Season 2. Yugi vs Brainwashed Joey, my god I'm not even gonna cover this one. Season 3, Yugi's duel against Noah. Literally has his friends giving him the cards he needs to win after activating card of sanctity ((which doesn't have the same effect in the TCG or OCG)). Season 4. I'd say when Dartz duels Yugi. Also worth mentioning, Berserker Soul, Yami basically flipped out after losing Yugi and pummeled Weevil into a pulp. Season 5. All of it.

fairy tail is the worst anime i have ever seen. I have never seen anything so cringy before. like is this series a joke? i feel like the animators intentionally tried to make this series as shitty and cliche as possible. every single character in this anime is beyond cringy and unbelievably generic.

Dragon Ball entered that friendship trope at the end of the Tournament of Power prior to that it was the induced powerup due to the death of someone important or the spirit bomb to save the situation.

The real cal howard said:
What do animators have to do with the writing of the anime?
What I meant was the way the animators animate the series is cringy as well. Of course the writing is done by Mashima, and he's responsible for most of the cringe, but the animators add even more cringe. This series is absolute garbage and I love watching the fights due to how bad they are. It's just funny.

Back