• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is Mathiverse even higher then azathoth?

"The Mathiverse is the embodiment and collection of all ideas that can be conceptualized through mathematics, being described as transcendent over, and containing all forms of time and space, as well as transcendence itself, with the very terms "within" and "outside" being inapplicable to its full extension and only existent in individual spaces. Contains all possible geometries, manifolds and numbers, as well as all subsets, supersets and power sets thereof, alongside all formal descriptions of all informal structures, with anything capable of being categorized under the aforementioned terms being automatically contained within the constraints of the Mathiverse, even if never seen before"

Is this explaination enough for a character to be tier 0??

Also, why does mathiverse has Nonexistent Physiology (Type 2),Transduality (Type 4) and Acausality (Type 5)??

You can just make a character that transcends math twice! (It's paradoxical, but it can do it anyway because yes!)

"Transcending maths" isn't necessary the ultimate limit actually.

Verse cosmology and things like that.

Yeah, Suggsverse is made specifically so Lionel has the strongest characters. But even with his absurd stupid levels of power that he makes, the nature of Mathiverse is still stronger. At this point, there's really no point in even trying to debate, because the Mathiverse is so far beyond anything we can logically scale, it's not worth trying.

Try and understand a power level that is beyond any and all mathematical logic or fallacy completely. If it can be defined by, or relates to anything within maths, then the Mathiverse encompasses it completely.

That's the level of power we're talking about. It really doesn't make any sense in our tiering system.

There's also the White Light, which never got a profile and is arguably on a similar level to the Mathiverse. But the sandbox has been argued potentially unreliable. I personally think it seems like it's accurate enough to be considered though.

Is it possible for a character to be unbound by anything mathematical. Like the very concept of it is meaningless to them. Would that put them higher than the mathiverse?

Only if they transcend maths higher than the level that the Mathiverse does.

The White Light profile I linked mentions that it trivializes any description that can be given, so essentially, The White Light is more powerful than anything anyone will ever conceive of because it trivializes description entirely. Making it likely stronger than the Mathiverse, but at this level we wouldn't know anyway. But again, take that with a grain of salt as it has been disagreed with in the past.

The Mathiverse encompasses all of maths entirely, which could also lead down a road that puts it on a similar level, as describing something mathematically is very similar to describing something in general.

But yes, I suppose if a character somehow got to that level, they would be stronger, but once again, at that point, there's really no way to show it, and no way to prove it. We literally couldn't and would never understand a character fully on that level other than statements. It would be so far beyond anything we will understand, that it's trivial to try and think of it.

Here's the blog for it, just incase you didn't know

"The White Light is more powerful than anything anyone will ever conceive of because it trivializes description entirely"
Pretty sure it's NLF, no matter the tier.

Doesn't yog sothoth also transcend mathematics and encompasses all that is and isn't. Or doe he just encompass infinite spatial dimensions and transcend that. I get lost when it comes to anything above low 1-C

I'm not hugely knowledgeable in the higher tiers myself, but I have decent knowledge on them, but comparing different characters within tier 0 really makes little sense, the whole point of these characters is that they're beyond anything we can imagine, so in general it's really difficult to compare them unless there's huge gaps between them that can be realised on these levels.

The Writer is notably believed to be among the weakest of the tier because he seems to be baseline. But Azathoth transcending Yog-Sothoth puts him above baseline quite a bit.
I'm not sure how far into the tier Sothoth is though, I don't think he's anywhere near the level Mathiverse though.

Kinda feels weird about azathoth getting dethroned from being king of fiction. Reminds me of demonbane.

Also, I remember mathiverse not really getting a page was because it's a location and not an entity. So it's pretty much just really indestructible. So by that, azathoth is technically above the mathiverse by virtue of being able to destroy something and the mathiverse is just a really indestructible thing

He went from becoming one of the most wanted characters who supposedly ate omnipotents for breakfast to one of the weakest 2-As lol

He made a bunch of changes to DnD profiles without permission or something, and something about Saikou too. I'll try and find the thread it was discussed.

Edit: Found it

He went from becoming one of the most wanted characters who supposedly ate omnipotents for breakfast to one of the weakest 2-As lol
You meant Demonbane's Azatoth? Thought you talked about CM one.
But yeah, when I did the downgrade I was like "well. Guess Gurenn Lagann is strongest mecha anime."

He made a bunch of changes to DnD profiles without permission or something, and something about Saikou too. I'll try and find the thread it was discussed.

Edit: Found it
Wait.
There's my name in it. And it talks about when I did DnD profiles changes.
Why wasn't I aware of this?

There has been a whole CM thread when people found out that Azatoth didn't dreamed of anything interresting and that Yog was the true strongest dude in the verse (which actually needed to like, read his justification to see where the problem was).

Actually, the true nature of Yog's and Azathoth's relationship is still debatable and rooted in Lovecraft's intentions, if I remember correctly (I should also re-read some stories)

Back