• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is it possible to extrapolate a rating from this feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going over the Kal Kent profile and respect thread last night and realized that he may a possible lifting feat. Now, please bear with me. I understand if this doesn't work or it's too much of stretch, but if this can give the guy a rating, I'm all for it. If not, I'm still curious about the forces involved.

The feat is Kal leaping from the Earth to the moon. We're given two different sets of statistics.

1. Kal was able to propel himself at a 1/10,000 of the Speed of Light. See here.

2. Kal weighs 200 lbs and his impact on the moon caused 3.5 earthquake. See here.

So how much force would Kal have to exert to get these figures? Which one would take priorty or would be workable? Given that the legs are around 4 stronger than the arms, would we be able to apply the results to a lifting strength?

You can ask a few calc group members for help if you wish, but I think that he was severely weakened at the time and that he is likely much stronger,

Antvasima said:
You can ask a few calc group members for help if you wish, but I think that he was severely weakened at the time and that he is likely much stronger,
Oh, I know he was, Ant. Any rating he get will have to acknowledge that hes vastly above it but without an actual physical feat with him at his full power, estimates are the only recourse.

Do I just ask some calc members or do I post a question in the calc disscussion forum?

I do not think that scaling from an extremely weakened feat is appropriate. He can be given an "At least..." rating based on being far more powerful than Superman (Post-Crisis) though.

That could definitely work. Would this suffice?

At least Stellar (Should be comparable, if not superior to Superma)

EDIT: For that matter, as we're looking at his physical stats: wouldn't Kal have Limitless stamina based off the fact that he, like other Kryptonians, runs off his solar reserves which power his physique and is constnatly replinshed by the sun?

This seems better to me:

At least Stellar, likely higher (He should be superior to Superma)

No, he can probably expend his energy at a higher rate than he absorbs, just like the regular post-Crisis Superman.

Cool, cool.

What I meant to say for the stamina is 'effectively'. I left that out by accident. Because he should be capable of expending energy faster than can be absorbed but he would still have the same as Superman:

Essentially infinite as long as he's under the light of the Super Sun.

Well, that seems like hyperbole for regular Superman as well. It should be adjusted to "Extremely High", or somesuch instead.

Can you check if any other profiles for Kryptonians have the same problem?

Let's see:

Superman (Post-Flashpoint)

Superman (All Star)

Superman (Kingdom Come) (Rated has Nigh-Limitless)

Superman (Strange Visitor) (Nigh-Limitless but he has a feat amounting to exerting himself for Billions of years)

Superman (Superman vs The Elite)

General Zod (Post-Crisis) (He is noted to be High on his own but he still has that infinite under a yellow or blue sun)

Supergirl (Post-Crisis)

Supergirl (Post-Flashpoint)

Supergirl (Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) (Her Amped key says Infinite but there's no justification)

Zor-El (Smallville) (Has an Infinite rating)

Okay. Thank you. With the exception of Superman (Strange Visitor) that needs to be adjusted then.

Would you be willing to handle the revisions? If you list the exact page titles of all the pages that I need to unlock for you, I can do so.

I can handle that. I just need to know what our justification for his stamina is. I'd tried looking up a feat but most respect threads don't even list one. Would this work:

Extremely High (Capable of engaging in constant physical activity and protracted battles as long as his solar reserves hold out)

I'll need these unlocked:

Superman (Post-Crisis)

Superman (Post-Flashpoint)

Superman (All Star)

Superman (Kingdom Come)

General Zod (Post-Crisis) (He is noted to be High on his own but he still has that infinite under a yellow or blue sun)

Supergirl (Post-Crisis)

Supergirl (Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) (Her Amped key says Infinite but there's no justification)

Superman (One Million) - I may as well get this one done.

We unfortunately do not have specific stamina standards. We mostly go by intuition.

Anyway, thank you. Your suggestion seems fine. I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

No problem. Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back