• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is "History Manipulation" basically Fate Manipulation?

Would be more of a limited Fate Manipulation (can't changes the events to comes directly, only being limited to change stuff from the past in order to obtain a desired result) or Time Manipulation.

What? Fate Manipulation can't touch the past and Time Manip can't touch things that "exist", like tangible events in history.

That's why I refer with the "limited" part, pretty marginal actually, is like "I don't like what this guy does, but I can't change what is what suppose to do, and rather mnipulate its past in the way that he leads to the path I want". But, I guess Causality Manipulation cover that a bit better (they are kinda similar at the end). I said time cuz manipulating [past] events through time may qualify as that.

Well, if a character could use Time Manip in the present but targeting the past they would have both Time Manip and Causality Manip.

Looking a few users that can manipulate the past they generally have Causality Manipulation, although Shukuro have straight up Past Manipulation

That seems like an unharmful name for its power that is less confusing for most users.

Its fine, then the most generic definition of History Manipulation would be Causality Manipulation.

Back