• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

iron man

can we please remove this part? Island Level (Drew a drop of blood from Thanos)

Presumably, it was for this taking a sustained amount of effort to do an extremely low amount of damage, & IIRC, Iron Man wasn't even the only one fighting Thanos at the time.
The full justification on the page for that part, though, seems to be:
Island level (Drew a drop of blood from Thanos, and briefly held his own before being overpowered. Stopped Thanos snapping his fingers for a few seconds in order to steal the Infinity Stones)

I don't recall the details of the fight between them, though, so I'm not sure what actions are being referred to by "briefly held his own before being overpowered".
It seems more like a Possibly/Likely than a basis for flat out scaling to Island Level, when his previous Key is only Mountain Level.

why does that matter exacly? he still damaged Thanos who has a complete island level durability key more than any of the avengers did at that point.
then spiderman who hurt thanos with his kick should have the ratings due the same reason, anyways, i am not against the current rating, just the drop of blood part, the rest of explanation is ok

why does that matter exacly? he still damaged Thanos who has a complete island level durability key more than any of the avengers did at that point.
Surely at least 1 of the other characters fighting Thanos on Titan were on his level? Quill? Drax? Spiderman? Dr. Strange? & all of them were helping Tony Stark throughout the fight.
Plus, the fact that Thanos says "All that for a drop of blood" tells us that drop was from the sum efforts of the fight, not ONLY Tony's individual attack.

then spiderman who hurt thanos with his kick should have the ratings due the same reason, anyways, i am not against the current rating, just the drop of blood part, the rest of explanation is ok
no. Spider-Man did not damage thanos, no one did but ironman, all they did at most was staggered them which is even stated on there profiles and shown in there battles

Surely at least 1 of the other characters fighting Thanos on Titan were on his level? Quill? Drax? Spiderman? Dr. Strange? & all of them were helping Tony Stark throughout the fight.
Plus, the fact that Thanos says "All that for a drop of blood" tells us that drop was from the sum efforts of the fight, not ONLY Tony's individual attack.
That's out of context. What Thanos meant was that all of tonys back to back combo attacks, after all of that was for just a drop of blood. Didn't mean any of the other heroes efforts as they only staggered him

That's out of context. What Thanos meant was that all of tonys back to back combo attacks, after all of that was for just a drop of blood. Didn't mean any of the other heroes efforts as they only staggered him
chip damage is a thing, even IRL, and it does not means that we scale to stronger creatures just due it, the blood justificative makes no sense

Yeah. Multiple separate attacks. We typically measure AP in output per second, IIRC.
Also, where are you getting that Thanos wasn't including the other attacks from Tony's group on him when he said that?

Yeah, that's not reason for scaling at all. In fact, the scene actually works against you. Abrasion is incredibly common, and people often get cuts worse than the one inflicted on Thanos and don't even notice it happening. Tiny little insects are also perfectly capable of breaking the skin, like bees and mosquitos. Poorly fitting shoes can break the skin, tripping and falling, a very light press of a sharp object, etc.

In this scene, Tony Stark's long drawn out series of attacks only accomplishes an injury so minor that not noticing that you've got a worse one at all wouldn't be considered weird. That is the opposite of grounds to scale.

Generally it's better form to edit a previous comment than double post.

"piercing damage" doesn't work the way fiction wants it to, it's all pressure and they ultimately still barely exert any force even when it's over a small area.

You can cut yourself falling on pretty much anything that isn't designed specifically to act as a cushion. Skin's not all that strong.

Honestly, Thanos took some amount of hits to fully destroy Stark armor and Stark shield could block Thanos power stone energy, so, that can be a thing, i just fully disagree with the blood justificative and i prefer to have it removed
Makes sense. I'd accept his suit having 6-C Durability on that grounds, although I don't think that necessarily means we can scale the suit's Attack Potency to its own Durability, since it isn't regularly destroying itself with its basic attacks, right?

Makes sense. I'd accept his suit having 6-C Durability on that grounds, although I don't think that necessarily means we can scale the suit's Attack Potency to its own Durability, since it isn't regularly destroying itself with its basic attacks, right?
i mean, stark uses his suit to physically attack too, it just wasnt that effective against Thanos because it's Thanos and Stark just don't scale to Thanos at all

I think Wokistan makes sense. If this goes through, Iron Man should be At least 7-A+, for scaling above the Hulkbuster 2.0, which should be stronger than the first Hulkbuster, which is 7-A.

The closest other thing to scaling to 6-C is surviving a hit from Mjolnir in his Mark 85 suit, but that would only scale to durability

Spider-Man didn't do jackshit to Thanos with his attacks other than annoy him. Iron Man and Strange are the only ones who could even remotely keep up wtih Thanos in that fight.

Yeah. I'm just saying a character can scale to a Durability without having that AP themselves.
Newton's Third Law.

If you can damage X-tiered guy with your punch, Newton's Third law dictates you can survive the recoil of your punch without having your arm be shattered into a million pieces. Generally applies for physical punches and kicks.

If it's done by your amped self, it scales as a whole to your amped self, if it's done with armor on, it scales to your armor as a whole.

I think Wokistan makes sense. If this goes through, Iron Man should be At least 7-A+, for scaling above the Hulkbuster 2.0, which should be stronger than the first Hulkbuster, which is 7-A.

The closest other thing to scaling to 6-C is surviving a hit from Mjolnir in his Mark 85 suit, but that would only scale to durability
Trading blows with people who can harm him is pretty obviously grounds for scaling to AP.

And remember, Thanos's skin was confirmed to be super-durable by WoG (They said "near-impenetrable"), saying that even Strange would take a crapton of time slicing it off with his portals. That and they also said Ant-Man would get crushed by Thanos's anus if he tried expanding due to even Thanos's innards actually being as strong as the rest of his outer body.

Last edited:
Back