• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

iron man

Not at all if he downscales he'd be above to Thor whose 493 megatons in his mountain level key
Am I missing something? I don't see a problem here.
and even then Tony legit just simply scales to Island level for actually damaging Thanos
Yes, he's capable of damaging him but not on equal footing. I don’t mind High 7-A+ or "at most" 6-C, just not 6-C because that implies he's completely equal with Thanos. This is a minor issue some profiles have that I'm willing to downgrade.
You're absolutely wrong there Thanos tanks the first snap that's what he's scaled to the second snap where he destroyed the stones isn't what he's scaled to
Yes, he tanked it with minor burns.

They're talking about how they aren't baseline High 7-A+, they'd be 493 megatons. Still High 7-A+ just not baseline
Oh I see the confusion. To clarify, generally when a character is slightly above baseline and a weaker character, who back scales, would be the basline of the + in the former tier. For example: a character back scaling from an 8-B would be High 8-C+. + tiers have baselines too. To find them you have to add the highest and lowest AP value of said tier then divide by 2. For example: The lowest AP value of 8-C is 0.25 tons and the highest value is 2 tons. Baseline 8-C+ = (0.25+2)/2 = 1.125 tons.

I think "At most 6-C" for AP and flat out 6-C for dura would be fair for this armor, Tony clearly hurts Thanos and does go to 6-C but hes also clearly weaker then Thanos.

Although I guess maybe Tony is 6-C ap wise and is just lower into 6-C? I dont know how far into 6-C Thanos is.

I think "At most 6-C" for AP and flat out 6-C for dura would be fair for this armor, Tony clearly hurts Thanos and does go to 6-C but hes also clearly weaker then Thanos.

Although I guess maybe Tony is 6-C ap wise and is just lower into 6-C? I dont know how far into 6-C Thanos is.
Thanos is 5.28 gigatons and for comparison thor is like 4.93 gigatons in his Awakened key and his endgame key is stronger than that

Thanos is 5.28 gigatons and for comparison thor is like 4.93 gigatons in his Awakened key and his endgame key is stronger than that
Hmm well Tony preformed better then Awakened Thor did, at least pre-Axe, but was clearly weaker then Thanos only “just” being able to draw his blood from a fairly small scratch after multiple attacks.

Imo its “Thanos > EG Thor > IW Stormbreaker Thor > Bloodedge Tony > Awakened Thor”

Last edited:
Hmm well Tony preformed better then Awakened Thor did, at least pre-Axe, but was clearly a weaker then Thanos only “just” being able to draw his blood from a fairly small scratch after multiple attacks.

Imo its “Thanos > EG Thor > IW Stormbreaker Thor > Bloodedge Tony > Awakened Thor”
Yeah I fully agree with this

Well, good to know people have in-depth counterarguments for the points I brought up, & that people are able to agree on some kind of scaling in spite of that.
I am a little troubled to hear that I bothered people so much here.
Pardon any disturbance, please.

Newton's Third Law.
That only has that AP scales to durability, not that durability scales to AP. You can be infinitely tougher than you are strong.
Awakened Thor did
Awakened Thor's fight was entirely offscreen and occurred right after he had a long drawn out fight with Hela.
So "At Most 6-C (Drop of blood reason)" is a accurate representation of his tier.
At most is fine if we're not going with Tier 7 scaling.

That only has that AP scales to durability, not that durability scales to AP. You can be infinitely tougher than you are strong.
Again, IM can trade blows with Thanos and make him slightly bleed by cutting through his "near-impenetrable" skin with his battering ram thingies on his arms and legs, said battering ram surviving the recoil of said punches and kicks and basically being made of the same nanotech that Tony's suit is made of.

Granted it won't be the Thanos level of 6-C because his snap's value did not stop rising. It could very well be higher than the 5.236/5.836 gigaton (View's a bit fuzzy, it could be either) value for all we'd know
That's correct but if someone upscales from a lower 6-C feat and downscales from a higher one, I'd call it consistent lol (and practically speaking you'd put him somewhere halfway between the 2 feats).

In any case, the "drawing blood" thing is support (Given just how much WoG hypes up Thanos and his innards being super freakin' tough, and that Iron Man had to do it with a full-powered kick), I suppose we could just add Iron Man being comparable to Thor in that regard. And expand on Iron Man trading blows with Thanos. You don't necessarily have to draw blood to scale, staggering them well enough also works.

Not sure it should be added since, as mentionned before (I think), we don't know how the fight went
Scaling iron man to Cull (who scales to cap with mjolnir, who scales to thanos) is probably better

Can I see the calcs for Thor and Thanos’ 6-C results? I don’t see them on the MCU page.
Thanos's feat is on his durability section. Over 5 gigatons from the Snap's surge.

Awakened Thor scales to 6-C by one-shotting the Bifrost Bridge, which took his 7-A self 10 hits to do.

7-A Thor scales to these: Making a big-ass crack in Jotunheim and having the firepower to blow up Sokovia (Ignore the "Thor's durability" section, that part of the calc was axed)

make him slightly bleed by cutting through his "near-impenetrable" skin with his battering ram thingies on his arms and legs, said battering ram surviving the recoil of said punches and kicks and basically being made of the same nanotech that Tony's suit is made of.
If after dozens of hits and multiple minutes of fighting, after Thanos had fought at least one person who also scales to to Tier 6 Iron Man barely gives him a single cut that instantly closes it isn't a feat. If anything its an anti-feat for Iron man. He's no where near comparable in IW.
said battering ram surviving the recoil of said punches and kicks and basically being made of the same nanotech that Tony's suit is made of.
If the AP rating is bunk so is the recoil scaling you're attempting to go with.

Thanos's feat is on his durability section. Over 5 gigatons from the Snap's surge.

Awakened Thor scales to 6-C by one-shotting the Bifrost Bridge, which took his 7-A self 10 hits to do.

7-A Thor scales to these: Making a big-ass crack in Jotunheim and having the firepower to blow up Sokovia (Ignore the "Thor's durability" section, that part of the calc was axed)
Well if that’s the case then 6-C is fine. IM > base Thor.

If anything, that would make Thanous “at least” 6-C

If after dozens of hits and multiple minutes of fighting, after Thanos had fought at least one person who also scales to to Tier 6 Iron Man barely gives him a single cut that instantly closes it isn't a feat. If anything its an anti-feat for Iron man. He's no where near comparable in IW.

If the AP rating is bunk so is the recoil scaling you're attempting to go with.
Again, the skin thing is support, the trading blows thing is the main part. You don't have to exactly draw blood to scale, staggering should do as well. Staggering and trading blows part is already in IM's profile IIRC.

I just saw it, honestly cringe. Not that I disagree, but it's kinda disappointing when 5863 megetons of TNT is enough to wound Thanos 🗿.
Tell me about it.

Granted this value is only for the first snap (Which only caused moderate scarring to Thanos's left arm without exactly damaging it much), and not the second snap, which was unquantifiable in value but was even more energetic and actually almost whacked Thanos because he snapped away the stones which could easily shred the universe to the last remaining atom, and somehow snapping half of all living organisms in the universe wields only... 5.836 gigatons of TNT.

Last edited:
No reason to ignore it for the mcu
That doesn't work here either, because comic Thanos can also be staggered by people like Captain America. Staggering someone isn't a feat in most comic mediums especially when they are shown to take zero damage from such an attack.

That doesn't work here either, because comic Thanos can also be staggered by people like Captain America. Staggering someone isn't a feat in most comic mediums especially when they are shown to take zero damage from such an attack.
Not referring to thanos specifically, look at king thor. FFS, herald king thor got hurt by some random alien monkeys throwing rocks at him, because he didn't want to fight back.

Back