• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What I meant is we don't know if it would cause the suit to fail in any way or not.
I guess this is because we don't know the absorption mechanism of Tony's suit?
Which suit is this?
Ampharos has Mold Breaker, which:
1. Negates Volt Absorb (Electric moves heal the Volt Absorb instead of do damage.), 2. Negates Lightning Rod (Makes electric moves only target the user of LR, & those attacks boost Sp. Atk of the LR user instead of doing damage.), 3. Negate Motor Drive (Electric moves that hit the MD user raise the MD user's Speed instead of doing damage.)

Tony might be stronger within their shared tier, but I'm still unclear why we're assuming it's unclear.
Does Thor have feats of negating Electricity Resistance/Absorption with the same kind of attack he used on Tony? Did it not also damage Tony?

(Also, Ampharos has multiple non-Electric moves. Notably, Fire Punch, Dragon Pulse, Signal Peam & Power Gem. Not its expertise, but may be worth considering. Also, this doesn't account for Ampharos's status moves, but that's a whole other matter.)

Well, I'm not 100% on this, but I'll vote for MCU Iron Man.

I was waiting to see a Pokemon supporter's further arguments before making a decision, but I guess we should move this along.

Mold breaker will prevent the suit from absorbing the electricity.
"Moves can be used on the target regardless of its Abilities."
Absorption is an ability. Tony would need resistance to power-null to get around this.
By this same principle, Tony would be paralyzed by thunder wave (which can paralyze machines too fyi).
After that, I think Ampharos would have free reign to go HAM on Tony.

more experience? How would you quantify Ampharos's to Iron Man's, who is the final evolution of an evolution tree. Ampharos must have been in far many fights than MCU Iron Man in order to evolve to where it's at.
I also agree with this. There's no reason to believe Stark is more experienced than a fully evolved, and mega-evolved ampharos. At most we simply don't know.

Absorption is an ability. Tony would need resistance to power-null to get around this.
By this same principle, Tony would be paralyzed by thunder wave (which can paralyze machines too fyi).
Hm.

This is true. I don’t want to keep flip flopping between votes, tho

Mold breaker will prevent the suit from absorbing the electricity.
"Moves can be used on the target regardless of its Abilities."
After that, I think Ampharos would have free reign to go HAM on Tony.
Voting for Ampharos??
Although btw, I don't think mold breaker negates things like manual absorption, it negates things like resistances and immunities

Voting for Ampharos??
Although btw, I don't think mold breaker negates things like manual absorption, it negates things like resistances and immunities
Yes I am and that is simply not true. Imaginym gave you plenty of examples of it negating absorption, of electricity specifically even. It also bypasses a LOT of other things.

In fact, it even negates abilities indirectly, for example, it causes a pokemon affected by force-switch moves to take damage from hazards even if they're immune, and those hazards weren't setup by the pokemon who has mold breaker.

Ok, that's impressive.

Alright, I'll switch to Amp. I wasn't that sure with MCU Ironman.

I vote ampharos via resistance negation to literally every attack and using dragon and electric moves in character

Back