• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Iron Man faces the Cataclysm (Iron Man vs Deathwing)

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Tony has one day of prep and prior knowledge, however, he is not allowed to pull any of his higher-D toys.
Friday: Sir, local geological readings depict the coming of a 'cataclysm' within the next 24 hours. Also, communications to the other Avengers along with your strongest suits have just gone offline.

Tony stands up from his rather comfortable chair, a slight frown on his face, twisting his facial hair a little. "Just perfect, what am I dealing with here Friday?" he asked, his tone was definitely annoyed, but this wasn't his first rodeo, and considering how many times he's died and come back to life, it definitely will not be his last.

Friday fluctuated a little, as if scanning for further information "Sir, the cause of the disturbance is known as 'Deathwing'."

"Oh okay so he's very edgy and has some control over the earth." Tony gave some stark-class humor at just the name

"While he has other titles, what is most notable about him is his nigh-immortality and desire to bring about the Cataclysm, a world-ending event that would wipe all life from the planet, including his own."

"And we can't have that, can we? Keep me updated on every little detail about this edgelord Friday, this is going to be a problematic tuesday." Tony said, turning and leaving to go into his shop...
(I have no idea if I wrote Tony or Friday right, I have not read a single comic featuring either lol)

Deathwing has prior knowledge of only the suit Tony is bringing first and his his name, and not any of the other tricks Tony brings to the table.

with the prior knowledge/prep rules set in place...

Deathwing is in his Cataclysm key

Tony has the pick of the lot from his prep

Start 50 meters away

Battle takes place just outside of New York City

Tony Stark and his many non-tier 1 toys: 0

Deathwing: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Yeah, bad move for my part.

So Tony's around 2x time stronger than Deathwing yet his LS is very far Below the dragon, with what he start?

Yeah, bad move for my part.

So Tony's around 2x time stronger than Deathwing yet his LS is very far Below the dragon, with what he start?
For Deathwing? Against human-sized or even like 5 meters or so he opens with casual(read: dicking around) melee, but he isn't stupid and isn't afraid of using other tools in his arsenal like his fire breath and whatnot.

Last edited:
Tony loves to play range, he would probably try to get Deathwing to a place where he can catch him out of guard through casual attacks and comments ala Spider-man.

Should be noted that hitting the Elementium Plates will deal 0 damage, it took something that could obliterate him both physically and a level above that to even break them in half

So Tony has to hit scales, which isn't an impossible ask, but it should really be noted that Tony has that day of prior knowledge prep for a reason, and that reason is Cataclysm Deathwing can't be defeated with physical attacks alone, he'll just regenerate

Should be noted that hitting the Elementium Plates will deal 0 damage, it took something that could obliterate him both physically and a level above that to even break them in half

So Tony has to hit scales, which isn't an impossible ask, but it should really be noted that Tony has that day of prior knowledge prep for a reason, and that reason is Cataclysm Deathwing can't be defeated with physical attacks alone, he'll just regenerate
This isn't really a problem, Tony's armors are capable of reading the opponent, reading vitals and weak points, it usually takes a few seconds.

This isn't really a problem, Tony's armors are capable of reading the opponent, reading vitals and weak points, it usually takes a few seconds.
Deathwing doesn't really have vitals or weak points anymore unless you can get the plates off and good luck with that considering nobody in Deathwing's verse managed to do anything to the plates outside of the Dragon Soul and that's not exactly something Tony has access to.(I know your point was that Tony would know that DW wouldn't take damage on his plates and would instead aim elsewhere)

Basically, Elementium is OP, and much better than the Adamantium plates Deathwing had during Warcraft 1 and 2.

As for the no vitals bit... Deathwing is considered an Elemental during Cataclysm. He's not even an actual dragon anymore, just a corrupted force of nature with a personality

While not something he usually uses, if rushed he would probably use an adamantium weapon to cut him but that would be rare move.

Yeah, that's my point. Tony would also know DW's strengths as well.
Yeah, and really then it's a case of how long will it take Tony to bring his toy out that can kill Deathwing, since physical damage might as well be poking him on the shoulder to annoy him

Back