• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Korvac Revisions

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator

Multiverse level+ Upgrade​

In hindsight, Korvac's Low 2-C rating is completely wrong. It's just altering a huge portion of a timeline from a certain point, rather than controlling/creating/destroying the entire continuum.

That's where Galactus scaling comes in.

Initially, I dismissed the statement, since it was from a What If?, Galactus/Sky Fathers-tiers used to have totally different scaling, and I'm a complete idiot. The Watcher was actually referring to the 616 universe, where Carina chose to die, rather than Earth-82432.

This is consistent with Korvac, who has a massive level of cosmic awareness, being fully confident that he can fight Sky Father tiers alongside Carina.

In a recent comic line, he also fought and escaped The Living Tribunal and The In-Betweener's 8th cosmos M-Bodies (despite the comic implying that this happened in Overspace) after immersing himself into the Taa II's power cosmic stores again.

Edit: The writer of the story confirmed that the Abstracts let him go. Maybe it's grounds for some scaling, though, but I think it only shows that he exists on the same overall plane of strength (not exact level of power) as the Abstracts.

Time Runs Out Key​

We rejected the Time Runs Out version of Korvac for being inconsistent with the lore of Korvac.

However, it makes perfect sense because a version of Korvac following the Korvac Quest storyline purposely rewound his own timeline to before the Korvac Saga so that he could rewrite the future before he attempted to rewrite the Badoon invasion.

So, this is a different version of Korvac that still retains his future memories and some cosmic power, but has his original cyborg body and human levels of physical power.

As for how powerful he was, I think Low 2-C is reasonable. He was explicitly dismantling all of history by using Geena Drake (a multiversal constant) as a reference point. Korvac also recreated reality multiple times during the incursions (meaning that he briefly restored the entirety of time), but ultimately failed to stop history from getting erased.

Adam IV​

Korvac was turned into an android by the Enclave after Time Runs Out.

I think he's 5-B, since (both before and after absorbing NYC's electricity) he can consistently match and body Iron Man, who was in the Model 70 armour at the time. But, in all honesty, I'm not that knowledgeable about how powerful Iron Man is in recent comics, and Iron Man curbstomped him after a few upgrades.

There's also some weird Hellcat scaling, so maybe charging himself with 48 petajoules might be better. Although, I don't trust this comic line's statements of power at all.

It's worth noting that he also matched Jim Hammond. From what I can find, Hammond is superior to Johnny Storm at similar temperatures (he needs half an hour for near-nova temperatures), and a continuous foil to Namor (though, mainly due to the fact that intense heat weakens him).

Last edited:
Was it pure adamantium, or secondary?

I think secondary has some fairly consistent 5-B feats, like Blaastar being unable to escape it, but a relatively calm Hulk being able to wrap it around him.

I think 5-B is best, then.

On another note, should we structure the keys in accordance with Korvac's personal timeline, or chronology?

If it's the latter, it'd be cyborg/time runs out | adam IV | power cosmic, and I guess Cosmic Skull timeline can go last since he rescinded the power.

This revision seems fine to me as well.

Also, the Hulk has technically damaged true adamantium several times. Tom Brevoort just keeps being in denial about it. 😉

As far as I have understood, secondary Adamantium is a retcon (a cheaper Adamantium alloy) that Marvel editorial invented after some writers started to let characters break it far too easily.

I get that. What I mean is do they ever explain why it's weaker?

Because it is cheaper to produce an alloy of Adamantium mixed with steel supposedly.

Also, the Hulk has technically damaged true adamantium several times. Tom Brevoort just keeps being in denial about it. 😉
Adamantium isn’t a big thing anymore. I don’t know why we scale some characters to 5-B if they’re constantly shown to be above this via destroying true adamantium.

Back