• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ippo Makunouchi VS Little Mac REMATCH!

So my entire argument is in the newest episode of my show, Fictional Fights. Please watch the whole thing and tell me what you think. Also this is the thread used for Mac's victory. The only thing stated in that thread was that Mac automatically wins because he fights superhumans. There was no analysis of their abilities, techniques, or even their stats. I love both these characters equally so at the end of the day, I don't care who wins. But I do think a rematch is in order.

FICTIONAL FIGHTS - Ippo Makunouchi VS Little Mac-0
FICTIONAL FIGHTS - Ippo Makunouchi VS Little Mac-0

Sorry but I disagree. Mac's fights with superhumans do have an impact on his abilities and stats.

Minor nitpick, but if you're trying to seperate yourself from Death Battle, https://youtu.be/KV47Il1o-Yo?t=512 not the best idea to have the same trailer music they used for the same matchup they did five years ago. Given the series' large music library you can't really say there were any other options.

I'll see your next episode after that, because I tend to avoid Mario vs Sonic debates like the plague given the near-infinite complications. It gets pretty intense in these areas too.

Meleemaster428 said:
Sorry but I disagree. Mac's fights with superhumans do have an impact on his abilities and stats.

Minor nitpick, but if you're trying to seperate yourself from Death Battle, https://youtu.be/KV47Il1o-Yo?t=512 not the best idea to have the same trailer music they used for the same matchup they did five years ago. Given the series' large music library you can't really say there were any other options.

I'll see your next episode after that, because I tend to avoid Mario vs Sonic debates like the plague given the near-infinite complications. It gets pretty intense in these areas too.
I just went back and watched the trailer for theirs. I totally forgot that was the music they used.

Anyways the way I handle my VS debates is by avoiding power scaling unless it's absolutely necessary since it's such a cheap and copout way of measuring a characters strength. Like if you kill someone who once survived crashing their car into a brick wall, it doesn't mean your punches have a greater force than that car crash. Sometimes much weaker characters win because of their technique and strategy, and I felt Ippo did have much more technique and strategy. If we look at what Mac actually does himself instead of saying he can do what his opponents can do just because he beats them, he's weaker than Ippo. Powerscaling to me is like saying Bruce Lee couldn't beat Mike Tyson because Brue Lee has never faced a heavyweight boxer before. Or Ike couldn't beat Guts because Ike doesn't fight demons on a regular basis.

As for the next episode, I'm looking at every last game for both of the characters, no comics or shows, just the games I already have the results done, and it's put in a way to where hopefully both fanbases will accept it.

I already have the results done, and it's put in a way to where hopefully both fanbases will accept it.

Spoiler alert: They won't. No matter how much effort you put into it.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Anyways the way I handle my VS debates is by avoiding power scaling unless it's absolutely necessary since it's such a cheap and copout way of measuring a characters strength. Like if you kill someone who once survived crashing their car into a brick wall, it doesn't mean your punches have a greater force than that car crash.
This analogy is terrible

Of course someone isn't wall level if they can beat up somebody who survived a car crash through a brick wall. It's not the person who's taking the brunt of that car crash, it's THE ******* CAR!

A better analogy would be if Character X survived being punched through a brick wall without a scratch, and Character Z was able to punch a fist-sized hole through Character X's chest. If that occurred then yeah, I'm pretty damn sure Character Z has more than enough force to punch through a brick wall.

LeopoldTheBrave said:
Meleemaster428 said:

I just went back and watched the trailer for theirs. I totally forgot that was the music they used.

Anyways the way I handle my VS debates is by avoiding power scaling unless it's absolutely necessary since it's such a cheap and copout way of measuring a characters strength. Like if you kill someone who once survived crashing their car into a brick wall, it doesn't mean your punches have a greater force than that car crash. Sometimes much weaker characters win because of their technique and strategy, and I felt Ippo did have much more technique and strategy. If we look at what Mac actually does himself instead of saying he can do what his opponents can do just because he beats them, he's weaker than Ippo. Powerscaling to me is like saying Bruce Lee couldn't beat Mike Tyson because Brue Lee has never faced a heavyweight boxer before. Or Ike couldn't beat Guts because Ike doesn't fight demons on a regular basis.

As for the next episode, I'm looking at every last game for both of the characters, no comics or shows, just the games I already have the results done, and it's put in a way to where hopefully both fanbases will accept it.
Power-scaling is a perfectly fine way of gauging a character's abilities as long as no contradictions occur. Otherwise you are literally saying that Cell is an island buster or Sora from Kingdom Hearts is a building buster. If say Captain America defeats someone like Living Tribunal, then yes that is not good power-scaling and can be disgarded. However if a character has shown to ligitimately match multiple characters with superhuman abilities then it is completely asanine to class someone as only peak human

Sorry, but Ippo can't deal with people who can stop bulls in their tracks and outrun bullet trains on a daily basis.

little mac wins this as he can take hit from people who can tear down buildings and punch bulls into the sky. he has also beaten someone who could easily take a charge from a bull and has dodged attacks from a character who can punch so fast he makes afterimages which should be faster than the eye

plus he can fight against people who are massive heavy weights which should destroy a lighter boxer, ippo has never beaten a massively higher weight class. Henry armstrong who is arguably the best ever pound for pound real boxer and certainly one of the best was a featherweight and able to beat welterweights and tie a middleweight, although I hear the decision was biased against him. I don't think ippo could get past more than a middleweight.

Back