• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Invincible TV Show: AP/Speed Revisions, Black Hole and Tier 4 feats.

I don't think Mark can holding back his durability
You very much can. Or else the sidekick of Nightwing would've broken his hands upon punching him or something lol. Also, physical durability grows proportional to Striking Strength. Harder you punch, more you can tank.

Also, Mark can just choose to not brace for hits which would also affect his durability.
so Anissa should easily be Low 6-B.
I wouldn't be so sure tbh.
But the problem is not with the Viltrumites, but with all the other non-Viltrumite characters who were able to harm Mark.
I mean, Allen could casually tank Anissa's hits and draw blood from her with his attacks, so he should downscale from 6-B. Battle Beast messed up Mark really bad so he should downscale from 6-B as well. Immortal should downscale from Mark, as we have a clear statement that Mark is superior to him.

Although it was never explicitly stated that Mark became stronger, he went from being effortlessly stomped by Omni-Man, having his punches completely tanked, to being able to compete with people who can meaningfully hurt Nolan, to declaring himself to be stronger than the Immortal, despite the fact that the latter was able to hurt Nolan with his punches.

There's also the fact of a bunch of fodder heroes and villains that have no business scaling from Omni-Man in the first season, makes me think Season 1 Mark being Low 6-B would be a bad idea.

We actually see Omni-Man being pretty close to the event horizon, and a black hole the size shown there would have a very strong gravitational pull, especially since he was carrying that entire spaceship. So no it's absolutely calcable, as we don't count his asteroid statment as a ls feat
? There's nothing to scale the distance or size of the Black Hole just looking at the pictures.

Does the "Getting stronger with age" statement not exist in the show ?
I mean, even if it didn't it just would make sense, Mark for obvious reasons doesn't scale to Omni-Man at all in Season 1

I don't think Mark can holding back his durability so Anissa should easily be Low 6-B. But the problem is not with the Viltrumites, but with all the other non-Viltrumite characters who were able to harm Mark. Almost all the characters in the show will be Low 6-B and MFTL+ via downscaling with the Viltrumites.
They're obviously not going that fast all the time, if they did this would happen every time:

Villains and other superheroes keeping up would be Relativistic at most

We don't really know if Anissa was outclassing a holding back Mark or not, as it's implied that the only time he went all out was in the Thraxa fight and aganist Angstrom. Though Anissa should still at least scale to other Viltrumites in terms of AP.
I think Mark wasn't holding back. He wanted to kill Anissa after she threatened Amber

Although it was never explicitly stated that Mark became stronger, he went from being effortlessly stomped by Omni-Man, having his punches completely tanked, to being able to compete with people who can meaningfully hurt Nolan, to declaring himself to be stronger than the Immortal, despite the fact that the latter was able to hurt Nolan with his punches.

There's also the fact of a bunch of fodder heroes and villains that have no business scaling from Omni-Man in the first season, makes me think Season 1 Mark being Low 6-B would be a bad idea.
Plus iirc due to Viltrumite DNA's adaptability they can grow stronger after a significant ass-beating so long as they're not permanently debilitated
(I know I'm referring to comics canon technically, but changes between it and the animated series seem largely to be in regards to plot restructuring and characters' demographics, not adjustments to the power system(s))

Back