• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Intellectual Battle! Erika Furudo vs. Kyoko Kirigiri

MrKerf

He/Him
Well, this should be funny.

Erika Furudo vs. Kyoko Kirigiri. They both trying to solve Kira's case.

Basicly it's a race. The one, who will know Kira's identity first - will win.

Rules:

Both are informed, that this is a race with time, but don't know who their opponent is, and can't directly oppose each other, even if they will find out. This is a battle of wits, after all.

They know that they need to catch Kira, but nothing more.

"Battle" location is the Kanto area of Japan.

They have exactly 344 days (from the moment of Light picking up the Death Note to the L's last breath).

Erika is a human and doesn't have access to any Magic abilities or equipment (but she can use pirate hat and duct tape).

L is still exist, as well as the other events of Death Note.

Erika:

Kyoko: 1 (Beast Zero Gudako)

Inconclusive (aka they both failed or Light killed both of them): 1 (Revaret)

B83ac7aac716d69de88ad4c4f2734905
Wherever a detective goes, a crime surely follows!

Ddogtlu-a732a66a-3239-43aa-95ea-3fdabc8818a0
No, I'm not "into" dead bodies. What I'm "into" is solving mysteries.

Light >>>>>>>>>>>> Kyoko > Erika

Kyoko and Erika are really smart, but their intelligence is not comparable to Light.

Is that a vote? Also, keep in mind, that he doesn't know anything about them, or that they even exist. His main goal is still his chessmatch vs L. And it's not like they will outright tell him their names. Well, usually - maybe, but not after they will learn that Kira needs face and name.

Plus I'm pretty sure that he is not that smart.

Hides his second life of mass murder for 5 years, even though he is a member of a the investigative task force and stated by the author to be smarter than master detective L in the 'How to Read' guidebook (Light scored a 9/10, whereas L scored an 8/10). After the first 334 days, Light will probably concentrate on the other two detectives that it has learned so far. Erika and Kyoko will not be able to catch up in the first 334 days because I don't think their intelligence is superior to L or Light. If at least two of these three detectives don't start working together, I think they will hunted by Light one by one.

Idk about Erika, so I'm just gonna speaks from Kyoko point of view only.

Let's just say Kyoko was tasked to solve Kira case when she heard about the mysterious death of criminals in the prison.

The first thing she would do was to look at the "first indicent", which was that hostage situation which also got broadcasted on tv.

Then Kyoko would noticed that all the criminals who died have their name and faces reporter on news and deduced (or at least have a suspicious) that Kira needs a name and face to commiting his crime.

Before you can say Kyoko wasn't smart enough to notice that details. Kyoko was able to notice Mondo stopped referring Chihiro as female during Second class trial. For a context, this Chihiro is secretly a make and was a victim of the second murder with Mondo being the killer. And Mondo started referring Chihiro with the suffix (kun) instead of the suffix (chan).

Kyoko is extremely throughoughly with her investigation.

The thing is, I don't know how Kyoko would confirm her suspicious. I really doubt she would sacrifice another life to fish out Kira, even if that person has a death sentence on them. But luckily, L also exists here, so he will do the job for her.

With now confirming Kira resides at Kanto, I can see her heading towards the local police and asked to ask for information. But since she knew Kira needs a name and face to kill, I can see her putting on some disguise and also fake id for her own protection. Kyoko can just hire some professionals to craft her a human face mask and wears a wig as well as adopting a fake name. I can see her being a bit paranoid considering she is facing againts a criminals who can Kill without needing to be on the crime scene.

Kyoko would definitely noticed the schedule pattern and deduced that Kira is a student. She also will noticed that Kira can also control the victim action to an extend prior death. She probably will keep it to herself like she did to Makoto during the class trials.

But while her being a liner has It's own advantage, it also has quite a drawback, mainly in resources and manpower. L was able to eliminate the list of suspect to Light because he had FBI agents investigated the possibly suspect and found out about Misora Naomi dissapearance, which is suspicious to him.

By the time all the FBI agenst were killed, Kyoko has to join the Kira Investigation team or she would hit a dead end since again, she lacks of basis informations and manpower to continue the Investigation.

But I don't know if that is allowed since the rule says she had to do it alone.

Note: Just saying that simply high intellect is not enough to solve this case without the necessary resources and manpower.

Just want to point out, that I never said thet they need to do it alone. Well, more or less. They still need only to know Kira's identity, with any means necessary. But, of course, they should be investigating by themselfs. Something like that, but in the end it will still be "who is smarter and faster" kind of battle.

The schedule part is not a good argument, as L did the same thing yet was unable to track him based on his schedule. Her knowing he needs a name and face is also out of the question, as L only figured that out upon laying a trap for him and then requesting for him to kill him, as to which he couldn't.

I said Kyoko would have at least some suspicious of Kira needing a name and face to kill, but she has no way to confirm it without using drastic measure like L. But since L is around and also broadcasted his "trap" around Kanto (noted that Kyoko knew the first case was at this town), she would start her Investigation here and probably stumble upon the trap L broadcasted there.

Basically Kyoko had L to confirm her suspicious. A little luck on her part since I don't think Kyoko knew L also handled the Kira case (unless ICPO told her that).

Also, I never said she would immediately pin her suspicious on Light based on the schedule pattern, I just said that she will figure out that Kira is a student. L put his eyes on Light sometimes after thebteam was formed (specifically when Misora Naomi dissappeared).

Kyoko would hit a dead end if she doesn't become part of Kira Investigation team and this, would have no reason to suspect Light.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Hold on, L is helping her?
In a way. Though he doesn't know it.

Since L also exists during this "Battle" and doing his own Investigation, he without his knowledge has help Kyoko as well with the trap he broadcasted.

You can say Kyoko is a bit lucky to stumble upon the broadcast because that is vital to her whole Investigation.

So, your vote goes to ...?

Although I'm probably should ask someone from Umineko side first.

Erika has a photographic memory and ears like a tape recorder but since she doesn't have Detective's Authority she isn't guaranteed to figure out every last clue. But she can likely deduce about as much as Kirigiri in this regard.

I do think both of their deductive skills are around the same level (Kyouko deducing Mondo knew Fujisaki's gender because of his suffix change and Erika deducing that everyone was buying time for Battler and Erika just by Gohda changing his opinion on a topic) but Erika does have the advantage of being far more ruthless than Kirigiri when it comes to exposing the truth. So she could probably fish out Light without L's help because she'd be willing to sink to those levels.

Not voting yet but pointing stuff out

I will continue what I left yesterday, which was at the part where all the FBI agents got offed by Light.

As I said yesterday, Kyoko was sticking around the Kanto police and essentially worked together, while keepeing few secrets from them, since her lacks of resources and Intel. While sure she is a loner, Kyoko also doesn't mind working together and will join Kira taskforce in order to continue her Investigation.

Kyoko and the others then meets up with L. Just a reminder that I said on my previous post that Kyoko is wearing a disguise (a human face mask and a wig as well as adopting fake name), so she has no trouble revealing it to L since it wasn't even her real name.

L then would explain about the full scenario involving the FBI agents. Kyoko will come up same conclusion as L, but she will only limited to investigate those who are students, since she knew Kira is a student.

Although, I can't see her getting closer dinding Light, at least until L found out about Misora Naomi disappearance and her attempts to contact him.

And this is the part where I believes Kyoko would find out Light is Kira....and can prove it too.

It's simple, now with her numbers of suspect went down to only two families (on those who got investigate by Ray Penber), I can see Kyoko will search around their houses for evidences. She can do that when L ordered them to install the surveilances systems into their the suspect houses, she will prioritizes those who were students.

And I can see her finding the Death Note that Light stored inside the hidden compartment beneath his drawer.

And why I think Kyoko will find the Death Note?

In her own series, Kyoko was able to find a hidden room that was located inside of a men bathroom on the Second Floor during Danganronpa chapter 2. Considering how throughoughly she is when it comes to investigation, I can see her checking every corner of the houses, including places like cabinet, ceiling, portrait and even pockets on Light's clothes. I'm confident Kyoko will notice the small hole beneath Light's drawer and will find Something thin enough and out it into the hole, finding the Death Note beneath a wooden plank inside his drawer.

She will reports her finding to L, matching the name that were written in the Death Note with the victim who died from Kira, and proves how Death Note works.

So, I thinks Kyoko would catch Kira on the day when they put surveilances systems into the victim houses, where Kyoko would be at those places to search for evidences.

Idk how many days has passed since the day Light picked up the Death Note.

It would be 42 days. Although I have my doubts about not only for her being there (since only Watary (?) was allowed there) but also for her to be able to find the exact pen that she needs to not cause fire.

Anyway, I'll count your vote.

I mean, it doesn't have to be a pen, it could be something like straw for example.

Regarding of Kyoko being there, she can just revealed that ICPO also hired her to investigate the Kira case, so her standing with L are equal.

No, I think it should be the thing (don't know the name of it) from one of Light's pens or else his trap will work and will cause a fire.

No, it has to be something that was small enough to be put in the hole and also something that doesn't conduct electricity.

It doesn't have to be a pen.

Well, yes (I was in need to check the video myself), but it is impossible to say from the outside that you need to put in something that doesn't conduct electricity.

Yeah, but Kyoko will most likely using the same method as Light to "open" the secret compartment when she see the size of the hole. The pen was like right in the open and Kyoko can tell ink chamber of the pen will fit into the hole.

Well, again, it is possible, I just personally find it hard to believe (both in her being there and pen stuff).

How hard is it to believe?

We're assuming Kyoko is hired by the ICPO to handle Kira case here. So technically, L has no authority over her. She can do whatever she wants for her investigation, L cannot order her around.

Also unlike L, Kyoko is the type of person to go down to the crime scene in order to look for clues and evidences. When the list of suspects has finally go down to the level where she can conducting her investigation on person, she will do it. And L cannot do anything to stop her tagging along when they installs the cameras.

The pen stuff is simple really: 1) Kyoko searches the house (prioritizing those who were students), 2) she finds a perfectly shapped hole beneath the drawer in Light's room, 3) Realizing it suspicious to be there, 4) She looks up and see the pen on the table because that is the first thing she would probablycounts see at the moment, 5) Realizing the ink chamber is small enough to be put into the hole, 6) Open up the secret compartment and finds the Death Note and also finds out the secret compartment is rigged to burn if It's being open incorrectly.

Actually, about that. The ICPO can't hire her, because they weren't doing it in canon (besides L but.. you get it). Although, since she is an official detective, she can be in their group, but only if she asks for it herself (like the wife of Rei was going to), and obviously she does not have authority hier than L's.

The pen - okay, more or less, but I agree.

Kyoko is the Ultimate Detective from Hope Peak Academy, an Academy that has its own police force that doesn't tied to goverment. She is like L, a private detective. L has no authority over her as much as she has no authority over his.

But the private detective should be hired by someone. L is hired, she is partisipating ina vs battle. Basicly, she desided that she wants to solve this mistery, unlike with L. And if she wants to participate with police group, then she should agree to cooperate.

Also, in which game was all of this? I'll admit, I am familiar with (and was thinking that profile, as well, covers) only 1st game.

Revaret said:
Hides his second life of mass murder for 5 years, even though he is a member of a the investigative task force and stated by the author to be smarter than master detective L in the 'How to Read' guidebook (Light scored a 9/10, whereas L scored an 8/10). After the first 334 days, Light will probably concentrate on the other two detectives that it has learned so far. Erika and Kyoko will not be able to catch up in the first 334 days because I don't think their intelligence is superior to L or Light. If at least two of these three detectives don't start working together, I think they will hunted by Light one by one.
That statement was referring to knowledge, not intelligence.

On topic, don't know Erika but I would say

L > Light > Kyoko

Back