• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Instant Teleportation or High Speed Movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm trying to figure out whether this is Teleportation or moving as light, here is the description with scans.

Just then, two guardians begin teleporting...

Irma, Hay Lin, and Taranee: Three rays of light traveling through space in an instant to find themselves in Riddlescott, mid-fight.

Teleportation is the power of instantly moving from one place to another. It seems easy, you just join your fingers, like this and become beams of light that shoot in the desired direction.

As you can see, the teleportation is described as instant but also shown to turn the characters into a beam of light and shot them in the direction. Would we still qualify this as instant teleportation or just them turning themselves into light and moving.

Last edited:
Teleportation I would say, as long as it's instantaneous travel from one position to another, I don't think the mechanics of how it's achieved beyond that really matter.

Teleportation I would say, as long as it's instantaneous travel from one position to another, I don't think the mechanics of how it's achieved beyond that really matter.
Infinite, Immeasurable, Irrelevant, and Omnipresent speeds can travel instantly to any position. It still isn't Teleportation.

Infinite, Immeasurable, Irrelevant, and Omnipresent speeds can travel instantly to any position. It still isn't Teleportation.
Obviously not, but then again, this feat obviously isn't any of those.

I was speaking in the context of this thread, not overall.

Since in the scans where it’s shown and explained in detail they travel as light with actual motion, and people seemingly seeing the lights, I’d consider “instant” in the first scan to be hyperbole/mean instant from the perspective of onlookers, rather than literally meaning no time has passed.

Obviously not, but then again, this feat obviously isn't any of those.

I was speaking in the context of this thread, not overall.
Correct, but in this instance, they are obviously traveling. I believe this is some form of fast movement that just seems instant.

Well, the scan literally mentioned the word ''Teleportation'', so....

Anyways, which verse is that? It makes me want to read it

It says Teleportation yet states that they turn into light beams and move to their destination.
I mean, ''Instant'' in fiction isnt rated as Infinite speed, a lot of things can be called as ''Instant'', however, the scan shows that they can turn into beams of light and move right? it is Speed of Light then

Anyways, which verse is that? It makes me want to read it
It's the W.i.t.c.h. verse, which we don't have profiles for.

I'm currently making a blog about the verse containing the verse page, profiles of the 5 main characters and a list of feats. It's a work in progress but I made this thread in order to figure out if I should give the Teleportation or Speed of Light movement via "Teleportation". Currently I put it as Teleportation on their powers and abilities section but that could change depending on what's decided on this thread.

Last edited:
I have another scan here that probably might help?

Thanks to the teleportation spell, Will and Irma leave Heatherfield and in an instant that seems to last forever land safe and sound on the other side of the world - in Redstone!

Again, it describes it as a teleportation spell that is instant but like before we visually see them turn into beams of light that shoot up into the sky and then it actually states that they "land" in Redstone and we see the landing.

I'd argue it's speed of light movement via teleportation spell and given how fast light is it would seem "instant".

If it describes it and visually shows us that they do indeed turn into light beams and move in that form, then it most likely is not teleportation. It's light-speed travel.

Seems light speed travel is more likely. I'll read through the story more and see if anymore statements are made about it. For now, I'll close this thread.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back