• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Spider-Man Revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3X_2.0

VS Battles
Retired
Speed Ratings
We currently scale some characters to Massively Hypersonic+ and the scan used to justify this rating is this one. The issue is, this is not a lightning attack, ot's rocking falling with electricity on them. Now some feats of Peter dodging lightning: 1 and 2

Sometimes it can be aim dodge, as you see Peter dodging before the lightning here. And actually, there are a lot of instances where he dodged lightning using the Spider Sense and aim dodging it. So I recommend the following:

Speed: At least Supersonic, likely Hypersonic (Can web swing between multiple gunfire. Dodged gunfire from Sable and from an helicopter. Is able to dodge multiple shots and rockets during the game), likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions with Spider-Sense (Is able to react and dodge Electro's lightning)

Attack Potency Ratings
While I have no issue at all with the ratings, the justifications need to change.

Sure, but this doesn't grant him a direct scaling. Electro did that while rushing towards the smokestack. The justification should be changed to: "Could harm Electro multiple times during their fight, with Peter defeating him at the end."

Sure, Rhino has a lot of good feats but destroying 6 city blocks comes from a statement and we have no context at all. During Spider Man: Miles Morales, Rhino was able to break a lot of floors on a mall and a lot of walls as well. According to my experience with calcs, the way he destroyed that would grant him somehwere between 8-C and 8-C+. New justification:

"Can fight Rhino;
punching and stunning him". This is enough. Just link Rhinos feats on his profile.

Rhino feats: Break a wall just by jumping into it, again but by running, again, took an explosion caused by gas.

Lifiting Strength at best.

Now for Miles....

Comparable to Spider-Man and characters who can harm him.
I don't remember any comparasion between Miles and Peter and I don't know from where they took that from. Second half is true though.

Need to change for the same reasons I mentioned above. Miles can also do the same thing as Peter, just copy and paste the justification with a different video, this one.

higher (Can overpower Rhino)
Yes, with Venom powers.

Nam fam, this almost killed him. This doesn't scale to his attack potency at all. Just with energy absorption. It should be like:

"Varies. At least Large Building level (Can one shot Rhino and overpower him) to likely City Block level with Bioelectricity (With enough energy, he is able to destroy all Harlem, but this almost killed him as well)"

Ratings And Justifications
Peter
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Could harm Electro multiple times during their fight, with Peter defeating him at the end, and Electro being durable enough to withstand a destruction of a smokestack. Can fight Rhino; punching and stunning him, and Rhino can break a wall just by jumping into it, and does it a lot of time by running)

Speed: At least Supersonic, likely Hypersonic (Can web swing between multiple gunfire. Dodged gunfire from Sable and from an helicopter. Is able to dodge multiple shots and rockets during the game), likely Massively Hypersonic+ reactions with Spider-Sense (Is able to react and dodge Electro's lightning)

Miles
Attack Potency: Large Building level (Can fight Rhino; punching and stunning him and destroting a large floor). Varies. At least Large Building level (Can one shot Rhino and overpower him) to likely City Block level with Bioelectricity (With enough energy, he is able to destroy all Harlem, but this almost killed him as well)

Speed: At least Supersonic, likely Hypersonic (Just like Peter, Miles is able to dodge gunfire from different weapons and at close range), far higher reactions with Spider-Sense

Agreed but things definitely need calc's some of these seem like low ends especially with speed I'm hoping for hypersonic but I'll also have to pick the game back up to see instances of dodging after shots are fired

Indeed they do. I'm gonna do some of them when I have time, but I think we have enough proof for the ratings.

Miles's durability should be constant too and he should negate durability with electricity no?

That's since miles is able to paralyze and do heavy damage to armored and shielded enemies with bioelectricity

Mind elaborating more on that?
If you're talking about durability there's no note that he becomes more durable when he absorbs electricity not that I can remember from playing

Since he has extra armor too his durability should be lister as "higher" to go along with that, key name would be "Red Rhino' too

I'm averse to directly scaling Peter to Rhino (maybe a little under), but the devs have Peter > Miles so meh. In his own game, you mainly damaged Rhino by dropping several ton construction items on him then whaling on him while he's stunned. In Miles's game Peter got carried across the entirety of Manhattan and put to sleep, and repeatedly stated teamwork was the only way to stop him. His method of fighting Rhino is tactics, Miles straight up outpunches him with venom, and tanks brutal attacks.

Sure, but this doesn't grant him a direct scaling. Electro did that while rushing towards the smokestack. The justification should be changed to: "Could harm Electro multiple times during their fight, with Peter defeating him at the end."
I don't see how this invalidates using the feat. Especially since the KE of this move was directly powered by the output of his lightning. I do think he definitely doesn't scale to destroying the entire smokestack, maybe 1/5th or 1/6th of it, and even then it probably isn't even worth using at that point.

I also wouldn't say the Harlem energy was going to kill him, considering he was injured fighting Phin and resisted blowing up until it was safe enough for him to do so, then immediately fell several hundred meters and could get up and continue to keep web-slinging.

I agree with everything else though.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't say the Harlem energy was going to kill him, considering he was injured fighting Phin and resisted blowing up until it was safe enough for him to do so, then immediately fell several hundred meters and could get up and continue to keep web-slinging.
This is a pretty valid point not only was he injured but he had been operating and fighting for a while beforehand too so he wasn't even at his full stamina let alone in regular peak condition by the time he had to absorb that energy

I'm averse to directly scaling Peter to Rhino (maybe a little under). In his own game, you mainly damaged Rhino by dropping several ton construction items on him then whaling on him while he's stunned. In Miles's game Peter got carried across the entirety of Manhattan and put to sleep, and repeatedly stated teamwork was the only way to stop him. His method of fighting Rhino is tactics, Miles straight up outpunches him with venom, and tanks brutal attacks.
It's Rhino who needs the scaling and not Peter, the High 8-C comes from Electro, so it's Rhino who need it.
I don't see how this invalidates using the feat. Especially since the KE of this move was directly powered by the output of his lightning. I do think he definitely doesn't scale to destroying the entire smokestack, maybe 1/5th or 1/6th of it, and even then it probably isn't even worth using at that point.
Why the **** do you think I was saying it invalidates the feat? Did you even read what I wrote? And these 1/5 pr 1/6 are completely headcanon, simply no. And you need reasons to say Peter doesn't scale to that. Even if he doesn't scale directly by tanking the same "dash" that destroyed the smokestack, he still scale for damaging and punching the hell outta Electro.
Miles could barely move though, this energy is definitely not something he can casually contain and manipulate to attack with his Venom attacks.

Why the **** do you think I was saying it invalidates the feat? Did you even read what I wrote? And these 1/5 pr 1/6 are completely headcanon, simply no. And you need reasons to say Peter doesn't scale to that. Even if he doesn't scale directly by tanking the same "dash" that destroyed the smokestack, he still scale for damaging and punching the hell outta Electro.
The feat itself was done by Electro tackling Spidey through the smokestack, it'd definitely scale to Electro's dura in full since he is taking his own tackle without issues, and Spidey can damage him in return (Reliably trading blows with your opponent multiple times is easily grounds for scaling to said opponent). I honestly don't get where the 1/5, 1/6 energy even originates from.

But using the "it's due to mostly output of lightning" is utter BS headcanon for sure, because first off, this feat is a tackle feat, no electricity involved, just Electro ramming Spidey into the smokestack.

Last edited:
It does't even make sense to think that Peter wouldn't scale.

It does't even make sense to think that Peter wouldn't scale.
Pretty much. Not to mention that it was Spidey who was on the other end of Electro's tackle stick (Spidey is the one getting tackled into the smokestack after all) so it's a solid dura feat for Spidey regardless.

Someone's cranky. Anyway the video was dark I had to watch in slow motion to see the whole smokestack crumble. Where did I say Peter doesn't scale? Electro also has this feat
Miles could barely move though, this energy is definitely not something he can casually contain and manipulate to attack with his Venom attacks.
He could also barely move when he absorbed energy from the generators 10 times smaller than the one intended to power Harlem, he contains as much energy as the plot needs him to but he almost always blows up immediately after.
It's Rhino who needs the scaling and not Peter, the High 8-C comes from Electro, so it's Rhino who need it.
Rhino caps at wall-busting and throwing tanks and shipping containers. Under Electro above everyone else.

Where did I say Peter doesn't scale?
When you said Peter shouldn't scale to the whole thing and then came with headcanon bullshit, like 1/5 or 1/6 of the final value.
He could also barely move when he absorbed energy from the generators 10 times smaller than the one intended to power Harlem, he contains as much energy as the plot needs him to but he almost always blows up immediately after.
And the Harlem feat is literally Miles at his limit, he literally couldn't hold it for more than a few seconds and was about to explode. The Harlem is his max and it'll be rated as that.
Rhino caps at wall-busting and throwing tanks and shipping containers. Under Electro above everyone else.
No. This is simply no. That's utter bullshit. Rhino literally can't be stopped by Miles and Peter together, they are both physically weaker than him or at most, on pair. Under Electro my ass. He'd scale above him by a considerable margin.

Please tell me this is a joke.

Miles and Spidey had a shit time trying to get Rhino under control.
Not to mention that Spidey himself admitted that Rhino was stronger than him.

Anyways, not sure about the speed stuff but everything else looks good. Also, I’d say the city block statement is a good supporting statement so I disagree with its removal

Bump
Btw agree with ap since spider verse scaling apparentky isn't Allowed
Idk about speed

Nobody is saying Rhino is a wall-buster. I’m saying outside of scaling that’s literally all his feats are, outside of him blowing up that giant gas container which he doesn’t scale to the full value of.

I didn’t say Peter doesn’t scale, I said Electro doesn’t scale to the whole thing, and that’s before I rewatched the video a few times because it was dark to see he did crumble the whole smokestack.

Obviously Rhino is stronger than Electro with pure physicals. With electricity that’s the only thing Rhino has.

Reading is fundamental.

Sooo, should Rhino be at least large building level, likely city block level? And those who can harm him should also get the likely rating?

I mean, it's pretty clear that "destroying 6 city blocks" means that Rhino just run and destroys walls, buildings and everything else. He can't destroy a city block in one attack, he doesn't have any attacks to do that.

This is what Rhino’s AP should look like

Attack potency: at least Large Building Level (can overpower Spider-Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back