• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Insomniac Spider-Man Revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say overpower, because this means Peter can't do shit to Rhino, wich is not true.

This is after Peter withstand the gas tank explosion with Rhino and fought him. During the first game Peter also fought Rhino and could harm him.

Despite bullshits about Electro's feat that aint happening and disagreeing with the speed and not stating a reason, do you guys want to say something?

Wait, why is his speed set as MHS+ with Spider-Sense only when we can blatantly see him dodging lightning after it's been fired at 1:26 in this video?

Just a quick thing before this thread finishes, I made the Miles profile and I intended for the Harlem feat to be used for Miles possible max strength/durability, so I probably should've put varies to begin with, good job on the thread I'm happy to see this verse get more attention

Why was Spider-Geddon scaling dropped btw? It's been stated to be canon to the game and the writer of the comics also worked on the game.

I think it's mostly just the issue of cross continuity scaling but I know there's controversy about the crossover

Why was Spider-Geddon scaling dropped btw? It's been stated to be canon to the game and the writer of the comics also worked on the game.
They don't accept spider verse scaling seemingly cuz is crossover scaling

Which one
  1. Being Written by the same person
  2. Power levels
I'm assuming the downgrades will scale the game characters significantly lower then their canon to 616 counterparts and I'm not seeing Christos Gage listed as a writer for either of the games

There's also this video that gets into the timeline of Spider-Geddon relative to the games and it's complicated

Wait, why is his speed set as MHS+ with Spider-Sense only when we can blatantly see him dodging lightning after it's been fired at 1:26 in this video?

Read the OP. This is the only in game feat that is legit (aside from mfs waiting the last second to dodge the lightning). The intent is clear: dodging lightning is only possible with spider-sense and aim dodging

Read the OP. This is the only in game feat that is legit (aside from mfs waiting the last second to dodge the lightning). The intent is clear: dodging lightning is only possible with spider-sense and aim dodging
Why are we assuming intent based on gameplay feats? If the feat exists and isn't contradicted we take it as legit. If we're going based on gameplay for intent you also use Spider-Sense to dodge bullets and punches from random thugs. Since when are we using stuff from gameplay to judge feats in cutscenes? And how do we know that this is definitely what their intent for the speed was? Why would they show him blatantly dodging it if they considered it impossible for him to dodge without Spider-Sense? Hell if anything their intent is for his speed to be comparable to his comics counterpart since in Spider-Geddon which is written by one of the game's writers, he's capable of keeping up with other Spider-Men. I seriously don't get this idea, the feat exists but we're not going to use it because the player isn't quick enough to dodge lightning and needs to rely on the Spider-Sense? Do you have anything actually contradicting this feat? Because it being the only one doesn't make it invalid, especially if the player is also capable of dodging it if they purposely try without the Spider-Sense according to you.
  1. Being Written by the same person
  2. Power levels
I'm assuming the downgrades will scale the game characters significantly lower then their canon to 616 counterparts and I'm not seeing Christos Gage listed as a writer for either of the games

There's also this video that gets into the timeline of Spider-Geddon relative to the games and it's complicated
Chris Cage co-wrote the game as seen in the end credits at 3:20.

And aren't the comic counterparts also Large Building level and MHS+? The only thing being downgraded is the speed despite the feat existing because in gameplay you aim dodge a lot which is something you do for everything not just Electro.

There's also this interview where Christos Gage explicitly says that the story they're telling affects the original medium.

"I've done adaptations before, and prequels or sequels to games in comic book form. I've also done sequels to TV shows in comics. But nothing quite like this, where I worked on a character in one medium (video games), directly continued that story in another medium (comics) and knew that the story we are telling will affect the original medium."

Why are we assuming intent based on gameplay feats?
Because this is what matters here. Peter dodge lightning once in the entire game. All other feats he dodged with Spider-Sense, it's a mechanic for Peter to dodge them. It's clearly the intent of the devs that Spider-Sense is used to dodge Electro's lightning. All you have as an argument is just a scene isolated from all the other feats he presents. I don't know why you're so focused on this scene, if in literally every other scene, he uses Spider-Sense to dodge lightning, even in this gameplay transition to cutscene.
If we're going based on gameplay for intent you also use Spider-Sense to dodge bullets and punches from random thugs.
Yeah we do, the difference is the amount of feats Peter has of dodging bullets without it on cutscenes, he even has calculations for that. It's way different than the Electro fight.

The rest of your comment is literally pointless questions. Electro lightning is dodged via aim dodge + Spider-Sense. You'll have to show more feats rather than only one feat contradicted by everything else.

Chris Cage co-wrote the game as seen in the end credits at 3:20.

Huh decent catch
And aren't the comic counterparts also Large Building level and MHS+? The only thing being downgraded is the speed despite the feat existing because in gameplay you aim dodge a lot which is something you do for everything not just Electro.
Yes but seemingly a much higher degree then the games
(at least for the speed)and AP has a minor (but notable difference).
  1. 4.5 Tons of TNT for 616 vs 3.6 Tons for Insomniac
  2. General Lightning Timing VS Mach 7535 and probably much better scaling
All of this is ignoring that, if the above is correct, he's limited to MHS with his Precognition rather then raw combat and reactions like his comic book counterpart.

There's also this interview where Christos Gage explicitly says that the story they're telling affects the original medium.

"I've done adaptations before, and prequels or sequels to games in comic book form. I've also done sequels to TV shows in comics. But nothing quite like this, where I worked on a character in one medium (video games), directly continued that story in another medium (comics) and knew that the story we are telling will affect the original medium."
Thing is this doesn't seem to be affecting anything; this isn't referenced in Miles Morales and the comics don't reference the Insomniac Universe beyond this crossover.

Because this is what matters here. Peter dodge lightning once in the entire game. All other feats he dodged with Spider-Sense, it's a mechanic for Peter to dodge them. It's clearly the intent of the devs that Spider-Sense is used to dodge Electro's lightning. All you have as an argument is just a scene isolated from all the other feats he presents. I don't know why you're so focused on this scene, if in literally every other scene, he uses Spider-Sense to dodge lightning, even in this gameplay transition to cutscene.
Because Spider-Sense is a gameplay mechanic used for literally everything, I don't know why you're so focused on specifically Electro's lightning. If we have a blatant ass feat I'm not sure why we're not using this beyond being consistent with gameplay which is the same for everything not just lightning.
The rest of your comment is literally pointless questions. Electro lightning is dodged via aim dodge + Spider-Sense. You'll have to show more feats rather than only one feat contradicted by everything else.
The questions are pointless because? How is this feat "contradicted"?
Yeah we do, the difference is the amount of feats Peter has of dodging bullets without it on cutscenes, he even has calculations for that. It's way different than the Electro fight.
I can use the same thing and say the amount of times you need to rely on the Spider-Sense to dodge bullets far outweighs the dodges in cutscenes. Peter gets more bullet dodges in cutscenes because you simply deal with guns a lot while Electro has 3 sections in total.

Anyway, do whatever you like, I have an exam tomorrow and I don't care enough about this to keep arguing for much longer.

Sure, I was going to answer your non-sense but you made it easier.

I was asked to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back