• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inside Out - Some Issues

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Hi, I'm salty off the rush of the Looney Tunes downgrade and I'm TERRORIZING OTHER VERSES WITH SCRUTINY, GRAAAHHHHH!

But no, seriously. We've gotta fix some stuff here. Recently a profile for Riley from Inside Out was made and... I'm not too thoroughly convinced on it. BUT! I am not opposed to profiles for Inside Out altogether. So, let's take a look.

• Possibly Photographic Memory (All memories throughout the day are stored in headquarters allowing the emotions to grab them and allow the memory to play. After that the memories are sent to long term memory where all of her memories are remembered in perfect detail. Even memories from when she was a baby are easily able to be recalled)

This is just how memories... work. I don't think Riley herself is able to remember them in perfect detail as much as her emotions are able to. I'm not sure about the baby thing though.

I don't think this is resistance because Anxiety is a part of Riley. It's her emotion and it was basically just conflicting with her set of beliefs. Something every human is able to experience and overcome. She's basically just resisting herself.

Other than the small stealth feats and hockey skills that honestly aren't that impressive aside compared to a professional athlete, there's nothing really worthy of Riley having a profile. The emotions however... Well, we'll get to that later. Now for the stuff I have a problem with.

• Limited Self-Sustenance (Types 2 and possibly 3; despite being capable of sleep he doesn’t seem to require it as he's able to continue walking around the mind for days without ever once seeming to require sleep. Despite him personally not being effected by lack of food or sleep, Riley does and thus she does need to continue to do these things)
Uhh... no, they DO need sleep. And Joy and the other emotions are visibly fatigued when they need to wake up early. The walking around thing is most likely just a stamina feat. There's also no explicit mention of them not needing to eat.

• Limited Mind Manipulation (Can heavily influence Riley's decisions even implanting ideas, and manipulating beliefs)
  • Morality Manipulation (Like Joy and Anxiety he should be able to mess with Riley's sense of self)
The emotions are capable of doing this... but only to Riley as they are her emotions. This is non-combat applicable as he wouldn't be able to do this to anyone other than Riley unless he found their console and started messing with it. And seeing as how the emotions have never demonstrated any capability of leaving Riley's Mind... ehh...

Again, this is used for the console. Just for Riley. So non-combat applicable. There are similar console abilities like this listed on the page that wouldn't actually make much of a difference in an actual fight except to get Riley bloodlusted or something. But the Emotions do have legit feats. And I think if we instead treated Riley's Mind as it's own world as it contains things like clouds and storms as well as other things that are destructible, plus Anger having access to things like dynamite via Pouchy, I think there could be an argument to be made for their place individually on the wiki. And many of them have demonstrated Toon Force stuff as well, particularly Anxiety.

I think Riley's page should be deleted for now until we get some better feats for the emotions.

Agree: Therefir (1)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This is just how memories... work. I don't think Riley herself is able to remember them in perfect detail as much as her emotions are able to. I'm not sure about the baby thing though.
The first movie shows us the pit with all the forgotten memories that disappear after a while, so yes photographic memory is a big leap just because she can remember some old memories.
I don't think this is resistance because Anxiety is a part of Riley. It's her emotion and it was basically just conflicting with her set of beliefs. Something every human is able to experience and overcome. She's basically just resisting herself.

Other than the small stealth feats and hockey skills that honestly aren't that impressive aside from a professional athlete, there's nothing really worthy of Riley having a profile. The emotions however... Well, we'll get to that later. Now for the stuff I have a problem with.
Sincerely think stealth mastery just like other mastery skills gets diminished in value in the wiki duo to granting them over the smallest things.
Uhh... no, they DO need sleep. And Joy and the other emotions are visibly fatigued when they need to wake up early. The walking around thing is most likely just a stamina feat. There's also no explicit mention of them not needing to eat.

The emotions are capable of doing this... but only to Riley as they are her emotions. This is non-combat applicable as he wouldn't be able to do this to anyone other than Riley unless he found their console and started messing with it. And seeing as how the emotions have never demonstrated any capability of leaving Riley's Mind... ehh...

Again, this is used for the console. Just for Riley. So non-combat applicable. There are similar console abilities like this listed on the page that wouldn't actually make much of a difference in an actual fight except to get Riley bloodlusted or something. But the Emotions do have legit feats. And I think if we instead treated Riley's Mind as it's own world as it contains things like clouds and storms as well as other things that are destructible, plus Anger having access to things like dynamite via Pouchy, I think there could be an argument to be made for their place individually on the wiki. And many of them have demonstrated Toon Force stuff as well, particularly Anxiety.
To some extent a location page for Riley's mind might not be a bad ideia and you could had all the powers that comes from Riley's imagination like the duplication machine, that machine that turns people 2D and other weird stuff.
I think Riley's page should be deleted for now until we get some better feats for the emotions.
Delete it seems harsh the page is not bad what you say is bad are the abilities, well overall Riley is supposed to be a normal human only the emotions actually get powers but she wouldn't be the first normal human on the wiki.

Delete it seems harsh the page is not bad what you say is bad are the abilities, well overall Riley is supposed to be a normal human only the emotions actually get powers but she wouldn't be the first normal human on the wiki.
The thing is, Riley herself does not have any notable feats that any other teenager wouldn't be able to achieve. For all intents and purposes, she is just a normal girl whose only moment of combat is accidentally harming her friend and having some skill in high-school level hockey. Her page's existence also makes it difficult for characters like Joy, Sadness, Anxiety, etc. to have their own profiles, so I think deleting it would be our best bet.

The creator also has a backup of the page with all of the usable content for the other emotions.

Wouldnt they be 10-C or AE 1 or smth?
I think the emotions do have some feats that warrant above that if the proposal of treating Riley's head like it's own world is accepted. But they would not get AE since I don't think they themselves carry the proper characteristics of an abstract thing. They can be hurt and interacted with same as anyone else, and need sleep, etc. And they themselves do not affect Riley as a console is needed for them to be able to influence her.

I think the emotions do have some feats that warrant above that if the proposal of treating Riley's head like it's own world is accepted
We consider Rileys head like an actual place? I thought the "mom and dad emotion" scene showed us that they are literally just inside their brains so wouldnt they be tiny as hell

We consider Rileys head like an actual place? I thought the "mom and dad emotion" scene showed us that they are literally just inside their brains so wouldnt they be tiny as hell
It's like its own world considering the islands and the fact that storms and stuff are able to exist in there, as well as destructible buildings and whatnot. If we didn't, their feats would be absurdly complicated to calculate.

Fair enough. I got carried away with the process,

Deleting Riley and just making individual profiles for the emotions is fine

hold up,let bro cook.
If everyone in the verse has a world with multiple islands inside maybe everyone has large size, imagine if all the emotions are actually normal human size but riley herself is actually has a brain hundreds of kilometers big? It would be funny to think about it

If everyone in the verse has a world with multiple islands inside maybe everyone has large size, imagine if all the emotions are actually normal human size but riley herself is actually has a brain hundreds of kilometers big? It would be funny to think about it
nah bro,that theory is straight up 🔥🔥
stand proud,you cooked.

I'm already considered getting the profile deleted as Riley doesn't really need it, so sure

nah bro,that theory is straight up 🔥🔥
stand proud,you cooked.
It's actually interesting because it wouldn't be the first case in Phineas and Ferb in 1 episode Candance becomes big through a potion but at the end of the episode the entire universe was affected by the potion making everything big which resulted in stuff seemingly have normal size but actually they were much bigger than before.
But who knows maybe if the Pixar theory becomes cannon

agree with the overall proposals. However, as for deleting Riley's profile, I'm neutral on the stance considering that somebody can probably make a hockey matchup for her? Either way if her profile goes byebye I have no opposition as there's probably not a matchup for her when it comes to hockey in the wiki. Unless I'm wrong.

Bizarre ass page.

Emotions probably wouldn't get pages, but I only know of the movie from reputation so I suppose there's a case to be made if you think there is one.

As for the removals, they all seem fine.

Back