• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*Insert meme about end of existence here*

@Weekly

You: That is incorrect information that needs to be adjusted.

You: I wasnt referring to the article itself being incorrect, i was referring to the description on his profile being oudated

Me:If a tale says that what was stated in the article is incorrect, that is by its very definition something that is contradictory.

@Fate Not gonna acknowledge that 1440's cards can prevent Lavos from planet wiping like you said he would?

@Azzy Yes, it would be, which is why we dont allow it here. If it flat out contradicts the article we dont allow it

which the tales flesh out and expand on.

The tales are only allowed to add new things. They are not remotely allowed to go what the articles say. If anything from a tale remotely contradicts the article, the latter takes precedence.

>>> A set of playing cards, alters fate, prevents war and death

>>> Instantly assumes that will prevent someone from mass-wiping and killing anybody else in the planet

>>> doesn't even matter for the coming back from BFR thing

Sure. Whatever you say. Guess everyone in SCP is immortal then and he comes back from BFR without evidence.

@Fate It can counter the Great Death whose whole powerset revolves around causing catastrophy so yes it would hold off Lavos' planet wiping

@Weekly

Yes, that is my point.

Fate posted information from the article.

You stated that it was incorrect due to a later tale.

We do not use contradictory tales.

There are then two options for what is stated in this tale:

• The information within it is contradictory to 1440's article. Therefore, the tale is not used.
  • The information within it simply expands upon what is stated in 1440's article without contradicting anything. Therefore, what Fate posted is indeed correct.

@Azzy

The article is correct

The tale expands on it

I never meant the article is incorrect i meant that the description we have for 1440 on the wiki is outdated

Correct we dont use contradictory tales

Fate is still incorrect

I never meant the article is incorrect i meant that the description we have for 1440 on the wiki is outdated

That description comes from the article, as I've repeated again & again.

@Kep I know, it needs to be updated with the expanded information from the tales

For instance, the articles states that he travels in highly intricate patterns, while the tales explain WHY

Without proper or conclusive evidence, again.

And then the person says *I* don't want a character to lose.

Welp, calling it a day. Have fun with the canon problems... Again...

0000000somethingamiss

@Kep I know, it needs to be updated with the expanded information from the tales

The tales need to be updated in order to not contradict the source material, yes.

Can we keep this incessant arguing out of this thread?! This has spiraled into absurd insults and accusations along with a debate on accepted canonicity that should be in a CRT, not a versus battle. If this continues, this thread needs to be closed.

He doesn't agree with your evidence because it dealt with something impossible to prove, eg that the Brothers would bring him back.

You took a few micropicoterananozeptoattoseconds more to say the "Ha", so I'm afraid you did stutter. Sorry.

Back