• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*Insert meme about end of existence here*

Plus the Brothers can just bring him back to the present

Temporal bfr won't do anything

Meanwhile 1440 opens his bag and Lavos gets sealed beyond his ability to come back

Show it preventing him from simply falling in a hole of a gate or my argument stands.

Not seeing why they would bring him back from any random time period. As I said, he will be in a random epoch, alive and doing his thing. Disasters will still be happening. They have 0 reasons to bring him back to where he is fighting Lavos which at this point may as well be a place where everyone else is already dead due to it making the planet's surface go bye simply by waking up.

If you traveled 65 million light years away, built a super-telescope and pointed it at the Earth, you'd be seeing dinosaurs.

I can even calc this for fun if it interests anyone, lol.

Kepekley23 said:
If you traveled 65 million light years away, built a super-telescope and pointed it at the Earth, you'd be seeing dinosaurs.
I mean, that's true, but it's not really relevant....

@Fate "The spear is also capable of completely overriding the stabilized local timeline, effectively defining normalcy within the area of effect, overriding local causality, and reversing narrative inertia."

It would prevent said gate from being opened in the first place

And if you'd like to argue that he'd just fall into a hole, the Brothers prevented him from burying himself alive, falling into canyons, and sinking himself to the bottom of the ocean

Kepekley23 said:
The Brothers won't bring 1440 back. They will actually enjoy the temporal BFR si
Yes they will actually, they need him in the present and BFRing him through time would mess with their psychological torture they made specially for him

Overrides the local timeline. Not seeing anything there saying it will prevent anyone around from going "here's a gate" and opening it under his feet so he falls through it or something.

And being BFR'd to another time period with a bunch of other people he doesn't even know about is quite the psychological torture and way more so than him being alone in a planet where everyone else got killed by a random parasite going nuts so yeah, my vote remains unchanged.

If you'd like to argue that he'd just fall into a hole, the Brothers prevented him from burying himself alive, falling into canyons, and sinking himself to the bottom of the ocean

No, the psychological torture they want is for him to kill people he DOES know but cant do anything to stop, as well as other methods that were tailor made to torture him. Plus they need him in the present so he can kill everyone on the planet in one fell swoop the way he did in canon, which actually DID leave him alone on a planet where he killed everyone.

I honestly see no way Lavos can win here when anything he can do is either nulled or undone by the Brothers and 1440 can just open his bag and win

Like, the whole point of his torture is not dying and being around people/man-made stuff so his thing happens as far as I understand.

Random time period has way more of that than "planet rendered nearly unpopulated and already ruined by random (and not man-related) parasite".

WeeklyBattles said:
If you'd like to argue that he'd just fall into a hole, the Brothers prevented him from burying himself alive, falling into canyons, and sinking himself to the bottom of the ocean
All of these, he would either die or not be around people if he succeeded.

Gate to random time period is full of civilazations in the other side and he'll be very much alive and ruining their lives.

Then there's no problem.

No, the whole point of his torture is to punish him for humiliating the Brothers and simultaneously unwillingly and unwittingly gather soldiers for the army of the undead to combat the Scarlet King. Sending him back in time would mess with their plans and they'd just bring him back.

His torture has nothing to do with just randomly killing people like youre implying.

I do recall 1440 has a habit of stopping that tho. I didn't make this match without thinking, you know, and he's not exctly waking up, nor does he start with death raining

WeeklyBattles said:
SCP-1440 appears to be aware of its effect on human populations and will attempt to avoid coming into contact with them whenever possible. Despite these intentions, SCP-1440 is compelled to travel in what seems to be a highly complex pattern, which invariably leads it into contact with human population.
//\ Straight from its profile. Clearly he is led to places with people. Random time period has people/man-made stuff. Place with Lavos doesn't. Brothers have 0 reasons to bring him back.

I'll go a little in-depth about the dinosaur thing.

This telescope would need to be frickin immense. Our own telescopes can barely catch stars and planets in our own galaxy, and, so far, no telescopes have been able to catch planets from other galaxies.

The best telescope in the world as of 2017 has a few arcseconds of lens resolution. The formula for lens resolution is:

RES = 1.22LRD

Not going too in-depth, but this basically relates to the wavelength and visible spectrum, which is very basically the light the human eye needs to see things, the diameter of the telescope lens and the size of the thing you want to see with the telescope.

Assuming you wanna see a T-rex with this telescope, plugging in 65 million light years for the distance, 390nm for the spectrum (390nm is the minimum for it to be visible to the human eye).

This telescope would need to be 2.5 light years in width in order for you to see a T-rex as'one single pixel. For reference, the confirmed size of the Solar System is about 80 AU, or 0.00124919 light years. Even if you decided to include the Oort Cloud and whatnot, this would only be about 1.8 light years.

Of course, this is impossible in real life.

Anyway, back to the thread.

@Fate That is incorrect information that needs to be adjusted. The Brothers put him where they want him and lead him where they want him to go with their probability manipulation, he doesnt go anywhere freely. They need him in the present as being in the past will royally screw over their plans

And again, 1440 literally just needs to open his bag and Lavos loses

Pretty sure that whole gathering army of undead ain't happening when everyone else on the planet is already dead.

I also will want proof of this whole "not being in the immediate present, he will be brought back even if sent to another time, be it past or future that still has people around and where he is fine". Even moreso when his current location will have nobody else and everything will be ruined sans for some random parasite. My vote remains otherwise unchanged.

Yobobojojo said:
I do recall 1440 has a habit of stopping that tho. I didn't make this match without thinking, you know, and he's not exctly waking up, nor does he start with death raining

@Yobojojo He actually uses it pretty frequently, tho. Not as quick as BFR me thinks but Death from above is also frequent.

1. Used it as soon as it woke up in the future.

2. Used it on Zeal as soon as he dealt with the party.

3. Used it on the planet ahead of time as soon as it dealt with the party.

4. Used it on Zeal right after BFRing a bunch of people.

5. Used against the party, first thing, twice (should be noted though that Lavos has enough awareness that even if sent to whatever period the party kinda just jumps in a bucket and comes back).

Except this was stated by someone whose word on the matter is far more reliable than mine or yours.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Exactly, which is why they'd bring him back
Here is your proof
In that planet *he* was made to kill everyone.

He was never sent back to a random planet to whatever specific time period where everyone else was already dead and not by his hand either. If I understood the end right, he was also taken himself after being made to kill everyone.

Not really seeing at all how this translates to "he will be sent back to a time period where everyone else was already killed and not even by him" when otherwise he would be doing his thing in a place which, you know, actually has people for him to go around ruining.

> Death of the Author for a guy who said he was going to retcon 2722 vs. 682 and can do it as he pleases

Back