• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

*Insert meme about end of existence here*

@Fate He was brought to the Halls of Death and later went on to fight the Scarlet King. He didnt die, the Brothers literally brought him through space-time to a higher dimensional plane

Either way.

I see no conclusive proof saying he will be sent back from whatever time period under these conditions. Thus, my vote remains the same, I think Lavos has more chances, if someone wants to vote otherswise go ahead, that's the end for me here.

If either side had 0 means to lose anyways it would be stomp so. Just voting on who I think wins. *warps*

I feel like it should go without saying that if I, as an example, create an SCP with a power that kills anyone it touches via "strange and impossible to imagine methods that cannot be properly studied or described via human language", then someone entirely different writes a tale using my SCP in which it turns out the skip kills people by transporting them to a pocket realm where it atomizes them via shooting missiles out of its dick, this tale does not suddenly override the info in the original article.

I don't need to? I just say he gets BFR'd first. "I think Lavos has more chances to win based on the reasoning I said above".

I don't need to say Lavos nulls everything or whatever. Nor do I want to.

BFR to random time period may win and it's not OOC for it to be used first thing. That's it. If nothing worked this would simply be stomp and considering how long this has gone, that card ain't being played now.

@Azzy Why wouldnt it? Its better describing how the SCP kills people so why would that information that we now know not take presendence over the article which doesnt know?

Because WoG stated tales not written by the original author are non-canon.

If WoG states that something that has no evidence backing it up is false, it is false. "Death of the Author" is an excuse that doesn't work for the SCP Foundation. The staff members there should be able to say and establish what they please about things that they can change with a single click.

@Weekly

Because if an article clarifies there is a reason for something, even if it's left ambiguous, something written later that states "never mind there is no reason" does not take precedence over the article for all future things involving that SCP.

If an article says something cannot be described or studied in any way by the Foundation, and then something written later has the Foundation studying it, this is contradictory to the very thing the tale is being based around.

I just gave you proof that the Brothers are 100% fine with transporting him through space-time to suit their goals.

So you dont want to admit Lavos gets stomped here

@Azzy But it should. That is the only logical conclusion.

And if its not the Foundation studying it? If its just being demonstrated and and described by the SCP? What then? Foundation articles have demonstrated before that they are not 100% accurate.

You showed me that they transported him to another place after everyone else was killed by his hand on the planet.

You showed me 0 proof that they would transport him back to a place where everyone was dead to begin with and not by his hand either when he was just thrown to a random time period with a bunch of people around for him to kill and perfectly fine.

In fact, your point shows that they would have all the more reason to warp him away when everyone is killed as that's exactly what they did in your supposed piece of evidence.

And that implication of yours is almost offensive, frankly speaking. Even moreso when I was responsible for most of the losses Lavos had over the course of its threads by arguing against it.

Tales not written by the original author aren't canon to the original articles.

At the very best, they're secondary canon.

@Weekly

That's not a logical conclusion, though. Especially after being assured of such strict standards for this site, having "literally anything be anything despite it being contradictory just because someone else said it" is the opposite of "not being a complete mess".

If the tale isn't contradictory, then contradiction itself obviously isn't a problem. But that's what we're discussing, here.

@Fate Because they need him at that place so he can kill everyone against his will. They dont wnt him to kill just for the sake of killing.

Your comicbook comparison is a complete false-equivalence since comicbooks tend to officially shift writers. Meanwhile, Word of God has stated that the actual canon of 682 lies with Gears, the original creator of 682, so this principle likely extends to other skips as well.

@Azzy ...Then why are we having this argument for...? We dont use tales that are flat out contradictory to the article for our profiles here.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Fate Because they need him at that place so he can kill everyone against his will. They dont wnt him to kill just for the sake of killing.
Yes, and I'm saying the place with Lavos will have nobody for him to kill, while the random time period will.

If the brothers want him to kill people against his will, it sounds way more reasonable for me to believe he's staying on the random epoch doing exacttly that than being thrown back in a place where "space random parasite killed everyone already" when we don't have anything supporting "yeah, he will be sent back and more than that he will be sent back even under these conditions".

In which case they'd take him out of that time period and bring him to the present to fight Lavos as there would be no point in killing people who were already killed in the past and among the ranks of the undead army

It sounds reasonable to you but its not what the Brothers would do in character

WeeklyBattles said:
@Azzy ...Then why are we having this argument for...? We dont use tales that are flat out contradictory to the article for our profiles here.
Your argument several posts ago was that something in 1440's original article is wrong because a tale contradicts it. Meanwhile, apparently actual staff members of the site are saying the exact opposite.

WeeklyBattles said:
There isn't conclusive evidence pointing to that.

My reasoning stands, my vote is unchanged.

As this is going in circles at this point, there doesn't seem to be much to add anymore for this thread as far as I'm concerned. Out for realz now.

Yobobojojo said:
This assumes that Lavos has already killed everyone, which he doesn't start wit, while sealin does.
I literally provided a bunch of instances above where Lavos murderizes the planet's surface as soon as it wakes up. Your point?

Okay so the arguments are:

Lavos BFRs which gets reversed by the Brothers

1440 opens his bag and seals Lavos

@Weekly

Fate: "SCP-1440 appears to be aware of its effect on human populations and will attempt to avoid coming into contact with them whenever possible. Despite these intentions, SCP-1440 is compelled to travel in what seems to be a highly complex pattern, which invariably leads it into contact with human population."

You: That is incorrect information that needs to be adjusted.

If a tale says that what was stated in the article is incorrect, that is by its very definition something that is contradictory.

@Azzy I wasnt referring to the article itself being incorrect, i was referring to the description on his profile being oudated

FateAlbane said:
Yobobojojo said:
This assumes that Lavos has already killed everyone, which he doesn't start wit, while sealin does.
I literally provided a bunch of instances above where Lavos murderizes the planet's surface as soon as it wakes up. Your point?
My point is that he isn't waking up here, I assume tht SBA means they just encounter each other, not hve one character ppear in a way that gives him the advantage. As such, Lavos is already awake, meaning he doesn't start with the needle spam.

Pal, you're free to believe whatever you want at this point.

I'm not arguing over the lack of evidence to support that stuff over the course of another 200 replies. Considering I don't see anyone else going and telling me "that's wrong, here's the evidence" and what you provided doesn't really prove anything against my point, I don't need to even care anymore. lol

WeeklyBattles said:
@Azzy I wasnt referring to the article itself being incorrect, i was referring to the description on his profile being oudated
Me: ...That is literally from the primary source for information about 1440.

You: Which needs to be adjusted based on what we know about him other than his uninformed article

@Azzy Yes, the information on 1440's article is a barebones description of how 1440's powers work, which the tales flesh out and expand on. The description on his profile should reflect this

Back