• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inorganic Physiology for DDLC

Not sure, are files and stuff like that actual matter? I don't know what digital data are made of, maybe electricity? Non-corporeal might be more suited, since they aren't physical, but made of energy/electricity/whatever

Not sure, are files and stuff like that actual matter? I don't know what digital data are made of, maybe electricity? Non-corporeal might be more suited, since they aren't physical, but made of energy/electricity/whatever
AIs are more like robots tbh

Ok, but robots are tangible and physical.
An IA able to survive even as only data or else isn't physical, but is theoretically still made of something (electricity, energy, waves, I don't know).
This means that non-corporeal is better than non-organic, since they aren't made of physical matter.

Ok, but robots are tangible and physical.
An IA able to survive even as only data or else isn't physical, but is theoretically still made of something (electricity, energy, waves, I don't know).
This means that non-corporeal is better than non-organic, since they aren't made of physical matter.
In DDLC they are perfectly physical tbh

That's why Danganronpa AIs are just Inorganic, because they're still tangible and "solid" despite of them being virtual, same applies with DDLC

iirc in DDLC they are physical inside their world, but isn't the whole game based on breaking the fourth wall and being metafictional?
I mean, they are physical to their perception, but they actually are only virtual programs, given that they are part of a game, while Monika became self-conscious and went rogue.
I don't known Danganronpa (I stopped at the first game :v) but their is a proper world, if you get what I mean.

but isn't the whole game based on breaking the fourth wall and being metafictional?
With this logic any metafictional game is Non-Corporeal
I mean, they are physical to their perception, but they actually are only virtual programs, given that they are part of a game, while Monika became self-conscious and went rogue.
Is just that in DDLC anything is made of files, but they are treated as still "physical".
I don't known Danganronpa (I stopped at the first game :v) but their is a proper world, if you get what I mean.
In Danganronpa 2 it was all just a Simulation, that's why the characters are Type 2 Inorganic, because they are AIs, despite working like humans in anything even in physiology in that simulation, DDLC is literally the same, despite being AIs, they still are like humans in physiology.

You can take them as "humans but instead of flesh they're made of physical data"

In that case it makes sense for them having Inorganic, due to those "physical data".

Last thing, doesn't the world of DDKL take in account the existence of the real world? Because the protagonist is both a character in the fictional world and the avatar of the player who does stuff like erasing files, closing the game etc...
I know that I'm applying to much logic to something that is made to challenge the fiction-reality boundary, but given that the player is two entities at the same time, it may be a proof that the world of DDLC is "canonically" only digital.

I see, then does it consider the player as a being coming into an actual world in a lower dimension or just a real person interacting with a crazy AI in a game?
Because that makes the difference between inorganic or non-corporeal, imho

Is just a lower dimension since is all datas on a PC comparated to the Player, but DDLC verse is still "physical data" since, despite anything is a file, is still "physical" for the reasons I told before.

I didn't see this thread and this upgrade seriously happened? Literally only one other debater agreed with you. For a character from a different series, I made a minor upgrade that three people agreed on and no one refuted yet it got undone by a staff member. The characters in Doki Doki Literature Club do not exist as character files, there are character files present in the code that maintain their existence within the video game. Doki Doki Literature Club is metafictional in that aspect so it does matter, but this aspect is literally just how the video game reality works, it's not that the characters aren't human. To your reasoning, Sayori while not being the president of the Literature Club might as well have causality manipulation since she can express her love to the Protagonist which is only possible because her actions embody the script of the video game. It's not the way it works, the characters are not the embodiments of the aspects of the video game, the characters can only function because of the aspects of the video game that exist separately.

Has it been applied?
If yes, it was too early.

I also forgot this isn't a CRT, the topic should be moved in the right section or another one should be made entirely.

1st: Sorry to be this inpulsive lmao

2nd:
I didn't see this thread and this upgrade seriously happened? Literally only one other debater agreed with you. For a character from a different series, I made a minor upgrade that three people agreed on and no one refuted yet it got undone by a staff member. The characters in Doki Doki Literature Club do not exist as character files, there are character files present in the code that maintain their existence within the video game. Doki Doki Literature Club is metafictional in that aspect so it does matter, but this aspect is literally just how the video game reality works, it's not that the characters aren't human. To your reasoning, Sayori while not being the president of the Literature Club might as well have causality manipulation since she can express her love to the Protagonist which is only possible because her actions embody the script of the video game. It's not the way it works, the characters are not the embodiments of the aspects of the video game, the characters can only function because of the aspects of the video game that exist separately.
Good counter, ngl, nvm I guess

Even though in their reality they are indeed humans, Doki Doki humans are still inorganic via not being standard Humans Physiology-wise. (Because of their cosmology)

Like Digimon, only for Digimon they are stated to have souls and be made up of souls while DDLC people aren't (Which, I'm pretty sure, is why Digimon have type 1 inorganic Physiology and not 2).

"The characters in Doki Doki Literature Club do not exist as character files, there are character files present in the code that maintain their existence within the video game. "

And for this^ Is this stated or suggested anywhere in the story?

Even though in their reality they are indeed humans, Doki Doki humans are still inorganic via not being standard Humans Physiology-wise. (Because of their cosmology)

Like Digimon, only for Digimon they are stated to have souls and be made up of souls while DDLC people aren't (Which, I'm pretty sure, is why Digimon have type 1 inorganic Physiology and not 2).

"The characters in Doki Doki Literature Club do not exist as character files, there are character files present in the code that maintain their existence within the video game. "

And for this^ Is this stated or suggested anywhere in the story?
"Even though in their reality they are indeed humans, Doki Doki humans are still inorganic via not being standard Humans Physiology-wise. (Because of their cosmology)" So where do you get the impression that humans from this game are alien to humans in the real world? You say because of the cosmology, so I think you mean that because the game is metafictional with the programming being acknowledged, the characters are merely video game characters and are made of video game character instead of what real humans are made of. If so, then the powerful abilities of characters should not be fourth-dimensional. If the cosmology is just a video game and not an actual multiverse, then the characters should be considered lower-dimensional video game characters instead of humans with higher-dimensional abilities. The characters being as strong as they are is a whole other debate with an established answer.
"Even though in their reality they are indeed humans, Doki Doki humans are still inorganic via not being standard Humans Physiology-wise. (Because of their cosmology)" It's not part of the story it's just how the video game works. Nothing says the characters are the files either, so I use the way the game works to explain. My point above explains how they are humans. This part is to say that in the program, the character files are only there to check and see which characters should be present in the game when starting it. It's how any video game works. The characters do stuff because the game lets them to, (I guess you could say it's "Because of their cosmology"), not because the programmer put files in the game and now the characters exist embodying said files. These files are beyond the multiverse y'know, characters wouldn't get their existence erased from history in every timeline if the files were simply them, but it makes sense if the files are what maintains them within the video game itself. Also, look at special poem titled A Joke: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/d...pecial6.png/revision/latest?cb=20180122171700. The part of interest is "Suddenly, the girl hated herself for being in love. This contradiction caused the script to derail. The universe started to collapse, but she killed herself just in time." Monika interfering with the programming affects the universe, not simply manipulating or killing the characters and it being over with. If the character files were the characters themselves, it would not affect the entire game. Using the reasoning I see from debaters in favour of this upgrade, there are so many reasons to say that regular Sayori has passive fourth-dimensional powers that she is not even aware of just because the game is metafictional. (It's not a good reason.) This physiology upgrade can't happen without major changes to what is established about Doki Doki Literature Club on the VS Battles Wiki.

Last edited:
Back