• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Note: Accidentally put this in the wrong board before. I've recently looked through the profiles for the DC characters present in the Injustice: Gods Among Us game, wondering if there were any good matches I could make with the characters. I apologise if this has been brought up before, but the moment I saw the speed ratings on the profiles it was instantly apparent to me that they were out of whack. Let me elaborate.

Currently, characters scaled to the Flash are all listed as being MFTL+. This seems to be based off of just one notable feat. The Flash travelling so fast that he travelled back in time during his combat "Super Move".

Now, normally, I wouldn't have a problem with these ratings. However, having only recently played through the Injustice games again, this rating seems completely inconsistent with the speeds demonstrated throughout the series, and their clear limitations when it comes to their speed.

Here are a few examples.

At 12:10. The Flash fails to catch up to The Joker in time to stop him from pressing the button, despite The Joker being only a few metres away and otherwise having never demonstrated any decent speed feats

At 1:34:45. The Flash attempts to escape the building, being stopped by Green Lantern after several seconds despite running to a door only a few metres away.

At 1:36:45. The Flash running across the globe in an attempt to make it to Gotham City, quite visibly running at what would almost certainly not even reach Relativistic speed despite serious conditions.

At 1:37:25. The Flash stops a firing squad by taking away their guns as he runs past them, clearly not going anywhere near FTL speeds despite being mere seconds away from the firing squad attacking.

At 0:57. Superman hears a person call out in danger, and flies down to Earth. Serious life-or-death conditions, yet they still clearly are going absolutely no higher than Relativistic.

At 46:37. The Flash takes several seconds to travel to Metropolis, again, almost certainly not more than a Relativistic feat despite time being of the essence.

At 1:49:20. Superman is told he needs to travel faster than the shields "refresh rate" in order to get past it. He repeatedly fails to do so, and Brainiac in response changes the refresh rate to 10 picoseconds. Regardless of the refresh rate, even FTL speeds would likely be enough to get him past the shields, yet he failed to do so even before the refresh rate was decreased.

With that in mind, do you see the problem I have with the speed scaling in Injustice?

Every single one of these feats is heavily indictive of their limits when it comes to their speed, and consistently they seem to pull off feats that are likely no better than Relativistic (though it'd be best if these feats are properly calc'd first).

Yet despite the clear consistency between all these speed feats, almost all of the characters are scaled off of one, single MFTL+ feat that the Flash has never even demonstrated getting close to at any other point in the series. Quite bluntly, it is an absurd outlier, and while I don't like using other verses on the wiki as an example on how to handle things, I shouldn't have to explain that a series with only Relativistic speed feats at best would not get upgraded due to just a single MFTL+ feat.

Again, I apologise if this has been brought up in the past. This is my first time looking through Injustice profiles on the wiki, and since the verse doesn't even have it's own page yet, it'd be difficult to find any CRT's made about it. Even so, I'm quite confident in saying that these feats had aught to be calced and that the speed rating of Injustice characters should be downgraded.

Why was this thread edited?

EDIT: Oh, right. Topics. Forgot to put DC Comics. Thank you, Standuser081!

Superman has 2 MFTL+ feats in the comics mentioned in his profile, Flash scaling to Superman is the first thing mentioned in his profile.

Ahhh, I see. I seem to have misunderstood something.

I thought those profiles were specifically for their depictions in the games, separate from the comics.

In the event that it includes both their game and comic feats (which I find to be weird, but I digress) then Superman having two MFTL+ feats is fine by me.

Though I have to ask, considering that they have major differences to each other, why are the games and comics in composite profiles?

What do you mean? I just think it's weird that the comic and game feats are merged into their profiles, despite the comics and games deviating in far too many ways.

Injustice has several FTL feats other then Flash (off the top of my head Supergirl flying to the sun, Starfire's super move)

Well, again. I made this thread thinking that the Injustice profiles were game-only. And if we go off of the games, we have almost a dozen feats that show their limits in speed to be Relativistic at best, and one single MFTL+ feat from the Flash that he never demonstrates anything close to ever again. I'm willing to believe that the Injustice comic Flash is MFTL+, since there are multiple feats to back it up. And if they are composite profiles, then that's fine. But for game Flash specifically, that's a pretty big outlier.

There is a biiiiig difference between MFTL and MFTL+. MFTL+ literally goes from anywhere between 1000x the speed of light to any higher, finite number. MFTL+ characters, for this reason, almost always have to have speed equalised matches because even the difference between two MFTL+ characters can be greater than the difference between a baseline MFTL+ character and a below average human. An MFTL feat does not validate an MFTL+ feat.

But regardless, I digress. The profiles are composites, and I do sitll agree with them being MFTL+ in the comics, so it'll stay. I'll keep this thread open though, in the event that the comics and games are ever split into different profiles then this'll still be worth debating.

Back