• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inheritance Dragon Sizes

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Just a little something I noticed about the Dragons. I know Via sheer size is often fairly vague, and we had a discussion about making a character High 8-C or 8-B via sheer size, despite being nowhere near as big as the Empire State Building. Inheritance has just a few.

Saphira is 9-A via sheer size due to being comparable to a small house; this looks fairly good. But Glaedr is High 8-C due to being only "Three times bigger" than Saphira. I highly doubt a skyscraper is only 3x bigger than a one room shed/cabin sort of thing. I think 8-C sounds more reasonable for sheer size.

Dragons Inheritance
Size comparison of the dragons in Inheritance.

But then we have Shruikan, who is 8-B. For sure looking at the gallery above, he's overwhelmingly larger than Saphira or Glaedr, but I don't see him dwarfing the size of a Skyscraper or a City Block. I'm unsure what to rate him as though, but should be much higher than Glaedr or Saphira.

If they have scalings for other reasons, rather than just size, then fair game.

From that picture, Shruikan definitely looks to be High 8-C via sheer size, similar to how SAO has the GeoCrawler at High 8-C for being of a comparable size

Too be fair, Sheer size calcs are based on a combination of mass, and velocity, which can translate to kinetic energy. There's also speed via sheer size being height divided by height of other animals. Also, Shruikan does appear to be at least 2 stories tall minus the head or tail, but the length does look more impressive. High 8-C seems like a maybe, but want to hear more input.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Too be fair, Sheer size calcs are based on a combination of mass, and velocity, which can translate to kinetic energy. There's also speed via sheer size being height divided by height of other animals. Also, Shruikan does appear to be at least 2 stories tall minus the head or tail, but the length does look more impressive. High 8-C seems like a maybe, but want to hear more input.
That's like rating the average human at 9-C by using their kinetic energy at top speed.

Not quite, we use the fist of a human to calc kinetic energy of a punch. And as for durability, normal humans technically have Street level durability in their skeletons, but there's vitals that are weaker spots in which a Street level punch or kick is actually quite fatal if striked in the face, neck, or chest.

Back