• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Universe (Easy Route)

Toeiverse Universe​

So this thread is gonna be exclusively about the toei cosmology, since I don’t want to get into the controversy of Super right now. It runs through more smoothly if I focus on this one instead.

Why should the Universe be considered infinite?

There are a multitude of statements of it being infinite, for example:

“An infinite space or light and darkness where the unknown lives.”

Galactic illuminations and darkness that extends infinitely, tens of thousands of light years, hundred of million light years, where even light cannot reach. Countless unknown aliens and monsters that defy imagination live beyond the stars.

The first quote comes from the left side, and the second quote of the infinite universe comes from the right side of this scan.

I should also mention that the use of hirogaru within the text means that it stretches or extends that distance instead of it continuously expanding.

As ZeroTwo a native Japanese speaker explains how it’s meant to be used within the context of the scan.

A universe where the world being monitored is determined.
The universe that extends infinitely is managed by their respective Kais.
Primarily determined by direction, the locations managed by the Kais are overseen and supervised by the Grand Kai, and furthermore, the Supreme Kais of the east, west, south, and north manage the universe.
Ultimately, the Grand Supreme Kai supervises the entire world.

Scan

The universe is the space that extends infinitely and embraces all forms that exist in the world. In the universe, there are nebulae containing countless stars, and galaxies containing countless nebulae. Each galaxy has its own god. The earth belongs to the Solar System, a galactic nebula at the edge of the north galaxy.

Scan

I do want to clarify that in that scan 02 only translated part of the scan, as Zen didn’t ask for the full translation, but just the part about the universe’s size. Also, the word hateshinai even if interpreted as endless it would still mean infinite.

Now I’m gonna send 2 scans that pretty much say the same thing, but the difference being one is from daizenshuu 7 and chozenshuu 4. There is so many more other infinite statements, but I’m constantly been getting asked to post this thread offsite. I give up on trying to send each one because there’s too many. Here are the last batch of infinite universe scans:

Galaxy A local collection of stars in the Universe. A galaxy is a collection of stars that come together to form a nebula, and a galaxy is a collection of several more nebulae that come together to form a galaxy. The four Kaiō, who are in charge of the east, west, south, north, actually monitor these galaxies. The division of galaxies into East, West, North, South sections are denominational units that the gods and Kaiōs of the heavens have devised in their work with the infinite number of galaxies in the universe.

Daizenshuu 7, Chozenshuu 4

And then since this is a Toeiverse thread I’m also including this scan which talks about how there’s a boundless amount of galaxies which is synonymous with infinite.

About 6 statements that I used for infinite universe.

Conclusion: The Toei DB Universe is infinite and the DB Games scale to this. Everyone who was once upgraded returns to their tier. Goku and Pikkon are upgraded in speed since this affects the toei afterlife.

Last edited:
The other scans are not showing up, but yes, that's good.

The first scan is this
未知なるものが息づく光と闇の無限空間

"An infinite space of light and darkness where the unknown resides."

The second quote is this

無限に広がる間と銀河のイルミネーション何万光年...何億光年...光さえもたどりつけぬ星々の彼方には未知の異星人想像を絶するモンスターが無数に息づいている

Galactic illuminations and darkness that extends infinitely, tens of thousands of light years, hundred of million light years, where even light cannot reach. Countless unknown aliens and monsters that defy imagination live beyond the stars.

if i'm not mistaken the third one is this one

"無限に広がる宇宙を、それぞれの界王達が管理をしているおもに方角によって決められ、界王が管理している場所は大界王が統括して監督し、さらに東西南北の王神が宇宙を管理.最終的に大界王神.

A universe where the world being monitored is determined.The universe that extends infinitely is managed by their respective Kais.Primarily determined by direction, the locations managed by the Kais are overseen and supervised by the Grand Kai, and furthermore, the Supreme Kais of the east, west, south, and north manage the universe.Ultimately, the Grand Supreme Kai supervises the entire world.

Hence why I said hes FIXING it, smh, did you even read the thread? You don't have to clog the thread up with your translations, just give him time.
Speak quietly to others, i'm not clogging the CRT, there are still some scans that aren't showing up and when i commented the CRT wasn't showing up.

This all seems blatant for the toei continuity considering most of these statements are from guides specifically relevant to Toeiverse and there being no real contradictions unlike super so I’ll agree for now.

The thread looks good, I agree.

What are you even doing, delete all this, ice said hes fixing it
Hence why I said hes FIXING it, smh, did you even read the thread? You don't have to clog the thread up with your translations, just give him time.
This is unnecessarily rude, you don’t need to get into someone trying to help, and there is no world in which providing scans for the OP is clogging the thread.

This looks good on paper, but if some of the Massively FTL+ speed feats get upgraded to Infinite; it might be inconsistent for some of the Anime/Movie characters. Though would support Games versions getting upgrades as a result for sure.
we have some work arounds to fix the inconsistency. namely even if some characters get infinite speed, it'd only be the god tiers at best

Most movies aren't considered canon here anyways, and I don't think there are any canon movie characters that contradict OP CRT
This is for the Toei continuity; which uses Anime and movies. Not to mention Dragon Ball Xenoverse and Heroes have them all part of the same extended multiverse.

This is for the Toei continuity; which uses Anime and movies
Most movies were deemed uncanon due to contradicting canon (with the only that are considered canon being the first movie, and I think the last movie, though there may be more I have forgotten). If all movies were considered canon, then we would have things like 3-B base gotens due to him scaling to broly

Conclusion: The Toei DB Universe is infinite and the DB Games scale to this
I do have a question regarding how we’re going to treat this. If Super is also canon to the games are they not subject to the same cosmology statements made in super as well?

If that’s the case and the universe wasn’t infinite when we cross scaled, it feels disingenuous to try and get it accepted on the premise we split canons then apply that to a media we composite where it’s been rejected multiple times under those same conditions.

The upgrade to the universe size itself is fine to me. I don't have knowledge on the scaling but I believe that will be handled in another thread?

Back