• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Speed Doctor Strange?

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This feat on Classic Strange's profile shows Baron Mordo moving at speeds that defy "mere mortal calculation." That doesn't seem to fit the Massively FTL+ rating, as MFTL+ speeds can be calculated. However, what cannot be calculated is infinity. As such, this feat seems far more suited for an Infinite speed ranking.

Basically, I propose Doctor Strange (and those that scale to him) have their speeds upgraded to Infinite.

Also listed on Strange's profile is this; "With the Scroll of Watoomb, he could instantly return after Adam Warlock sent him to the edge of the universe through the Infinity Gauntlet." That can support an Infinite speed rating.

Considering that the feat is already in use on his profile because of that... I don't think you can just write it off as that. Same with the Scroll of Watoomb thing. If you have any infinite/immeasurable Strange scans, feel free to post them.

It meets the first critieria, the 2nd literally can't be met by virtually any comic to an extent, and we only saw the realm for a single panel so it quite arbitrary. And we literally see him reaching Infinite speed in the scan iirc

Well, maybe infinite flight speed would be reasonable then. I would prefer verifications from knowledgeable members though.

That should warrant infinite reaction and combat speed as well, right? Going by the speed page, it says; "As such, we have generally assumed that the characters' regular reaction or combat speeds are roughly equivalent to their flight speeds, unless this is clearly contradicted."

He has never demonstrated combat speeds that absolutely transcend all other Marvel superheroes. Sorry.

To further note, the marvel universe has been stated to be infinite in size before. Multiple characters should have this.

Antvasima said:
He has never demonstrated combat speeds that absolutely transcend all other Marvel superheroes. Sorry.
Fair enough. But reaction speed?

I do not think that he has been shown weaving between objects when flying at infinite speeds.

That is also a fair point. Also this might just be a case of things not being properly edited, but SHuman-Gorath has immeasurable speed and Strange was able to fight him through some spells.

I am not sure if SHuman's rating is correct, or if Marvel is simply ridiculously inconsistent in their matchups as usual. Neither he nor Strange have ever demonstrated immeasurable combat speed as far as I am aware.

Regarding the Combat and Reaction Speed thing, he quite literally was just going mindlessly at incredible speeds, it's like if juggernaut went to other realms due to being unstoppable, like it would still be travel speed but defo not combat or reaction speed as it was just more so "Idk where I am going lol."

And strange only fought SHuman after becoming a hobo, sacrificing his ego and mastering black magic, Idk where Immeasurable speed SHuman comes from aswell

That makes sense. Thank you for the support.

So Strange would have 'Massively FTL+ combat speed and reactions, Infinite flight speed?' And characters would only have Infinite reactions or combat speed if they could, say, react to Strange mid-flight or tag hin while he's flying?

That is correct for Strange himself, but we obviously cannot assume that other characters are intercepting him at infinite speed unless it is stated as such within the relevant story.

Understandable, however, in that Nightmare scan, Strange is clearly trying to escape Nightmare's realm and should logically be going at full speed. And those superior to Strange, say, the likes of Hela (she actually has some statements about all of time and space being under her sway, which could support this), Mephisto and Dormammu, should be swifter than Strange in general.

The problem is that most writers would be unaware of that Strange is able to travel at infinite speed, and Nightmare, Mephisto, and Dormammu have never remotely demonstrated such speed levels.

I don't remotely get enough help from other staff members to handle all of these overwhelming amounts of constant unreasonably upgrade-hungry Marvel and DC threads, so I am not going to clear any of them further than what seems consistent without further input from them. Sorry.

Basically, you are free to upgrade Strange to infinite flight speed, but not to scale anything else from it.

Also, SHuman-Gorath should probably be downgraded to MFTL+ in terms of speed.

Not all of Strange's flying spells are Infinite/Immeasurable, this one was explicitly fueled by both him and mordo, so not everyone scales.

Dormammu should scale though, due to having just flat out superior magic than both of them combined by a hundred.

SHuman Gorath does have a statement of "existing in planes beyond this one", and should scale above Nightmare casually who exists and embodies a place beyond space-time, but that's about it. I am pretty 50/50 on this.

Yes, but the problem is that they are never portrayed as possessing anywhere near such speeds.

Hence why I am 50/50, its like in a state of limbo between being consistent and Inconsistent tbh, I think we just need more input

It more looks like he's briefly in one place of one dimension, uses Dimensional Travel into another, and repeats the process. "At speeds which defies mere mortal calculation!" is just flowery language for he's doing it really fast.

Even then, do we even know the size of this dimensions?

Uh, just sayin', Strange isn't the one doing the moving as shown on the panel. It's Mordo. So there isn't really any implication that it's just dimensional travel. Strange is only the main focus of the discussion because he scales to the feat.

LordTracer said:
Uh, just sayin', Strange isn't the one doing the moving as shown on the panel. It's Mordo. So there isn't really any implication that it's just dimensional travel. Strange is only the main focus of the discussion because he scales to the feat.
If it was Mordo, then that just makes everything worse, lmao, so it wouldn't really scale to anyone as

- The Spell was a combined effort

- Strange's basic speed wouldn't scale

- Therefore, no one scales.

Speed which defies mortal calculation is the irrelevant part here, it's clearly flowery, my point is the timeless realm stuff

Nevermind, I was right

He went into the Dark Dimension which has been described as timeless place like what, 10 times? The problem is we have seen tons of fodder navigating and walking in the realm, soo

I was just questioning the leap in logic from that and what's in the scan.

Anyways, timeless can also mean the realm is not affected by passage of time or a synonym for non-changing which might be the situation if anyone can move in the Dark Dimension.

Anyone can move in the Dark Dimension, yes. Recently it has been stated that time does not pass within it though. It may have been adapted from the Doctor Strange movie.

Even with the recent comics, even ****** Isaac newton can move in the dark dimension, the same comic where it's stated time doesn't exist in it, it's pretty iffy

Back