• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite Energy = Infinitely stronger?

It is still infinite, regardless if it amps you finitely more or infinitely more.

Any finite multipliers against 2-A is equal to any infinite multipliers against 2-A, only scaling chains will actually affect a fight.

Then it's a mix. It seems you still jot grasped what I'm talking about

Let me put it this way.

Little bit of the energy amped a 2A to the point he one shot the 2A who was laughing off his hax

More energy = Everything increases.

Wouldn't assimilating and processing all the infinite energy supercede any finite scaling chains or multipliers altogether?
My understanding is that it works similar to other tiers if a character defeats a 2A both are 2A of he gets stronger you get the "higher" and that's it unless you can actually prove that he got amped to the next tier by feats

Any finite multipliers against 2-A is equal to any infinite multipliers against 2-A, only scaling chains will actually affect a fight.
Is this the wiki decision, because this would be impossible to explain to anyone who doesn't use the wiki for scaling

This seems like a decision the wiki decided to make to not break anything rather than something that makes sense

Is this the wiki decision, because this would be impossible to explain to anyone who doesn't use the wiki for scaling

This seems like a decision the wiki decided to make to not break anything rather than something that makes sense
This is literally how infinity works. It doesn't matter what you multiply infinity by, it will equal infinity. Your question rolls into a simple yes or no;

Can two infinities of the same level be different depending on what they're multiplied by, the answer is no.

Scaling chains, on the other hand, are something that follows verse/fictional logic, it doesn't make sense, however, it also doesn't affect tiering so we don't need to worry about it.

Dread, are you going to explain or you're just going to do this throughout the discussion?
IDK how I should start because the most basic thing to elaborate for you is how infinity works, so I am unsure if I really need to right now.

This is literally how infinity works. It doesn't matter what you multiply infinity by, it will equal infinity. Your question rolls into a simple yes or no;
Unfortunately that's not how fiction works. Does it.
Can two infinities of the same level be different depending on what they're multiplied by, the answer is no.
And that's why a 2A can one shot another by getting his stats amped even though 2A is already infinite? Because infinity X infinity = Infinity.

Or that's an anti feat for baseline 2A
Scaling chains, on the other hand, are something that follows verse/fictional logic, it doesn't make sense, however, it also doesn't affect tiering so we don't need to worry about it.
Baseline 2 character.

Eats tiny energy and is able to one shot 2A who laughed off his strongest attacks earlier. Can we agree this guy will one shot any baseline 2A character?

I consume more and more of that energy

The foundation is simple it doesn't care about how you define infinity, because it's fiction and the author says they get more powerful. He becomes strong enough to stomp someone who stomped him with each consumption extrapolate this amp to infinity, with each being a stomp.

This, this will still be = 2A baseline (and X 2A if you count the scaling chain)?

Anyway, how is Low Dimensional game infinitely above baseline or was it Blue And White? Or that was rather hax

IDK how I should start because the most basic thing to elaborate for you is how infinity works, so I am unsure if I really need to right now.
Because your infinity X Infinity= Infinity doesn't work when many fictional works show characters being far stronger than any 2A baseline there is. Not to mention the scaling chains as well

Doesn't that break the logic?

Unfortunately that's not how fiction works. Does it.
Laughing in vsbw tiering system*
And that's why a 2A can one shot another by getting his stats amped even though 2A is already infinite? Because infinity X infinity = Infinity.
No, it's because of scaling chain within the verse.
Or that's an anti feat for baseline 2A

Baseline 2 character.
No
Eats tiny energy and is able to one shot 2A who laughed off his strongest attacks earlier. Can we agree this guy will one shot any baseline 2A character?

I consume more and more of that energy

The foundation is simple it doesn't care about how you define infinity, because it's fiction and the author says they get more powerful. He becomes strong enough to stomp someone who stomped him with each consumption extrapolate this amp to infinity, with each being a stomp.

This, this will still be = 2A baseline (and X 2A if you count the scaling chain)?
You are still talking about scaling chain

Because your infinity X Infinity= Infinity doesn't work when many fictional works show characters being far stronger than any 2A baseline there is. Not to mention the scaling chains as well

Doesn't that break the logic?
It works, it is scaling chain within the fiction, irrelevant when it comes to cross verses. Understand this.

There are two sets of logic you normally follow on the wiki. That being the wiki's system and then the verses system.

The wiki's system takes priority obviously, otherwise, we would have to take every verse's statement of omnipotence seriously.

As such if a verse has a character who is High 3-A, and his power is multiplied by infinity, and the verse says his power is now of a higher infinity, we would still treat him as High 3-A, cause their higher infinity doesn't inline with ours, tiering wise it's still High 3-A.

At the same time, a character is High 3-A and they are part of a 25-character long scaling chain, they are still High 3-A, but in their verse, they are stronger than other High 3-A Characters.

This has no effect on the wiki's tiering system since no amount of scaling chains will make you go from High 3-A to Low 2-C without actual feats. Therefore, this fictional logic works cause it doesn't conflict with anything.

Thank you for your explanation. However, I assumed that it was a matter of basic understanding in regards to the handling of infinities that the multiplier values would become inconsequential at that level.

There are two sets of logic you normally follow on the wiki. That being the wiki's system and then the verses system.

The wiki's system takes priority obviously, otherwise, we would have to take every verse's statement of omnipotence seriously.

As such if a verse has a character who is High 3-A, and his power is multiplied by infinity, and the verse says his power is now of a higher infinity, we would still treat him as High 3-A, cause their higher infinity doesn't inline with ours, tiering wise it's still High 3-A.

At the same time, a character is High 3-A and they are part of a 25-character long scaling chain, they are still High 3-A, but in their verse, they are stronger than other High 3-A Characters.

This has no effect on the wiki's tiering system since no amount of scaling chains will make you go from High 3-A to Low 2-C without actual feats. Therefore, this fictional logic works cause it doesn't conflict with anything.
That's fine.

I take this to mean it simply doesn't fit the vbsw tiering system designed for indexing the characters and not strictly universal

Thank you for your explanation. However, I assumed that it was a matter of basic understanding in regards to the handling of infinities that the multiplier values would become inconsequential at that level.
I don't think any amount of that explanation will work off wiki

What you're going to tell a dragon ball scaler that your baseline 2A will be unaffected by that humongous scaling chain that exists in the verse?

DB has an exception if what you are saying is true, but I doubt highly that the multipliers used in DB within the boundaries of scaling chain are used on cross battles.

BUMP.

A slight question about this but in relation to hax.

So what if

The more energy = The more potent hax

Lower energy hax gets stomped by higher energy hax.

So if that energy I have is amplified to infinity what would it take to resist it. Infinitely layered resistance?

BUMP.

A slight question about this but in relation to hax.

So what if

The more energy = The more potent hax

Lower energy hax gets stomped by higher energy hax.

So if that energy I have is amplified to infinity what would it take to resist it. Infinitely layered resistance?
Probably depends on the hax.
If 2 people with telekinisis were trying to control a block of iron to throw at the other the winner is the one with the strongest telekinisis the same will apply if one tries to lift the other the one with the strongest telekinisis can counter the opponents telekinisis.
If its Poison the oponent needs poison resistance if you have a poison that is infinitely strong the opponent needs an infinite level of resistance or complete immunity.

There's something wrong with the image you dropped. Doesn't work.

Anyway no. Unless you can output infinite power into an attack or output energy that can fill infinite 3D space

Back