• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infinite attack speed for Magick: Flaming_Sword

Aseka

He/Him
My proposal is to upgrade Coronzon's Magick: Flaming_Sword attack speed to Infinite.
The reason is because Flaming_Sword have infinite acceleration.
“I am a demon, but not from the Qliphoth where the forces of evil gather. I am the Great Demon hidden by the holy Sephiroth. I dwell in the same abyss as Da’at.”

The unbroken illusion produced a dreadful straining noise as it slowly moved before his eyes.

She held her left hand straight forward and pulled her right hand back.

And, as if overpowered, it was Kamijou Touma who took a step back.

“Every number is the same. My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection. Watch as the possibilities expand and surpass the bounds of the finite. My left hand contains Hadit of Vengeance. The smallest point gathers and concentrates all forces to create a single meaning. Thus, an attack shall be released from the infinite acceleration of the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and shall appear on the surface layer of this world.”

Now, did Kamijou Touma realize that was the pose for wielding a rapier?

And before even that, what was the fate of one who had thoughtlessly touched an untouchable taboo?

Lola Stuart, Great Demon Coronzon, moved her lips in a bewitching and mechanical way.

No.

A different face clearly appeared from her long, long blonde hair.

“Magick: Flaming_Sword. Manifest thyself through descent of the Sephirah and bathe him in thy power.”

It happened suddenly

“No!”

Kamijou Touma must not have had much of a choice.

But the small god managed to direct a shout of despair toward the swiftly moving boy.

“Wait, human!! The world’s reference point is not enough to suppress this attack!!”

Yes.

Magic God Othinus had once obliterated Kamijou Touma’s body with the brute force of her crossbow.

A moment later, everyone witnessed that instant.

With a dull sound, that right hand and Kamijou Touma himself were utterly destroyed.
  • NT 22 Prologue

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

So what is the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit that this infinite acceleration originates from?

That doesn't exactly explain what it is, plus can I have quotes of this?
I've already put it above. So-called Nuit of Resurrection in right hand expands possibility (in context, it's power) that surpass bounds of finite. Then Hadit of Vengeance in left hand acts as smallest point that gathers and concentrates all forces that Nuit of Resurrection produced. So it begins Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit and begins infinite acceleration.

So what says that the Flaming_Sword holds the same attribute of infinite acceleration once released from the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit?

Something happening suddenly or happening during a instance of time does not mean the event itself was instantaneous and has infinite speed, they are simply words used to describe a moment of present time that happened quickly. The context of the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit holding the properties of infinite acceleration isn't enough to use common terms such as suddenly or an instant of time as evidence of an attack being infinite speed.

The evidence is too weak basically and I'm not convinced this is infinite speed.

So what says that the Flaming_Sword holds the same attribute of infinite acceleration once released from the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit?

Something happening suddenly or happening during a instance of time does not mean the event itself was instantaneous and has infinite speed, they are simply words used to describe a moment of present time that happened quickly. The context of the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit holding the properties of infinite acceleration isn't enough to use common terms such as suddenly or an instant of time as evidence of an attack being infinite speed.

The evidence is too weak basically and I'm not convinced this is infinite speed.
Doesn't an object moving with infinite acceleration reach infinite velocity immediately after being thrown?

Doesn't an object moving with infinite acceleration reach infinite velocity immediately after being thrown?
The first issue with this thread, is that Infinite acceleration would more be ad infinitum speed instead of infinite speed.

It's like the difference between infinitely branching universes and infinite universes in Tier 2. One is an ever-increasing number, while the other is every number that the ever-increasing number can become.

Even then, they are not using an infinitely accelerating object, they are using a portion of that infinitely accelerating objects that they took to uterlise as an attack. As that portion has been interrupted and separated from the original infinitely accelerating object, it's speed is not guaranteed to be the same as when it was part of the whole, nor is it guaranteed to continue accelerating once it's released from the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.

The first issue with this thread, is that Infinite acceleration would more be ad infinitum speed instead of infinite speed.

It's like the difference between infinitely branching universes and infinite universes in Tier 2. One is an ever-increasing number, while the other is every number that the ever-increasing number can become.

Even then, they are not using an infinitely accelerating object, they are using a portion of that infinitely accelerating objects that they took to uterlise as an attack. As that portion has been interrupted and separated from the original infinitely accelerating object, it's speed is not guaranteed to be the same as when it was part of the whole, nor is it guaranteed to continue accelerating once it's released from the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
I think that the mentioned infinite acceleration is different from accelerating to infinity with a certain acceleration.

I think that the mentioned infinite acceleration is different from accelerating to infinity with a certain acceleration.
Acceleration is the increase of speed, infinite acceleration is a speed that is increasing infinitely.

That or it's using acceleration as a term for movement and that infinitely accelerating is something that is just moving infinitely and never stopping, and nothing about what speed the object is moving at.

Acceleration is the increase of speed, infinite acceleration is a speed that is increasing infinitely.

That or it's using acceleration as a term for movement and that infinitely accelerating is something that is just moving infinitely and never stopping, and nothing about what speed the object is moving at.
Probably that is true

moving infinitely
Isn't moving infinitely qualify for it? Also, if it's moving infinitely with no ends, it got stopped when destroying Kamijou Touma's right hand (Imagine Breaker), so I think it can be ended or stopped.

Also, I have quotes that Accel can reflect this attack, and after that, the attack stopped and disappeared. We know that even Accelerator with Qliphah's help he can reflect a magical attack, not just disappear like before. Now he knows how to reflect magical vectors. Supported by Coronzon's statement that Accel put directionality in magical attacks.
“…Yo.”

He spoke.

He spoke to the woman in a beige habit who had crashed through more than one stone wall after flying back from his meteor-like attack.

And in response, her sinister true face appeared using the absurdly long blonde hair as a screen.

“My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection and my left hand contains Hadit of Vengeance. Combined, they form the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit, which…”

“Yo.”

The special attack released by Great Demon Coronzon clashed head-on with the Level 5 who could manipulate any and all vectors.

“Yo!”

A mass of invisible power scattered in every direction.

No.

It was torn apart by a human will.

The woman with absurdly long blonde hair very clearly and undeniably clicked her tongue.

“Aethyr Avatar – 1: LIL, 9: ZIP, 20: KHR!!”

“Yo!! Yo!! Yoooo!!!!!”

The massive amount of blonde hair split into three groups and they complexly wove themselves together to form three winged angels.

Accelerator had no idea what power was contained in there.

He raised his fingers like claws and swung them wildly around to tear the false angels to shreds. If he had viewed magic as a different form of esper powers, he never could have accomplished this. If he had made that mistaken detour in his understanding, he would have failed to comprehend its true essence, failed to grasp the vectors, and been injured.

But he no longer viewed it that way.

That white shadow was enough of a monster already, but he now had a translucent demon – a blatant product of the occult – by his side.

“You partially installed the power’s directionality into the calculations for your power? Tch. That is the number 11 which exists in the Qliphoth yet is not an imaginary number. Is that the guide to the upside-down tree I built? This awkward product of science has insolently reached the level of Probationer!?”
  • NT 22 Chapter 1 Part 4

So what is the Circle of Ra-Hoor-Khuit that this infinite acceleration originates from?
I don't know how relevant this is in terms of speed and if it even answers your question, but it starts at Keter of the Sephiroth and descends to the surface world(Malkuth).
“Every number is the same. My right hand contains Nuit of Resurrection. Watch as the
possibilities expand and surpass the bounds of the finite. My left hand contains Hadit of
Vengeance. The smallest point gathers and concentrates all forces to create a single
meaning. Thus, an attack shall be released from the infinite acceleration of the Circle of
Ra-Hoor-Khuit and shall appear on the surface layer of this world.

This was the ultimate attack that rivaled a Magic God’s lance and had utterly destroyed a
certain boy despite the presence of Imagine Breaker.

The tree was not just something to ascend. It could also be descended. The power falling
from a point in heaven gained color and other attributes as it descended the various
pathways and it finally transformed into one of any number of substances in this world.

What would happen if a magic user intentionally brought that down like a bolt of
lightning?

The pure energy would rush toward the target even as it rapidly transformed into physical
matter
. Much like a self-forging warhead that could easily pierce tank armor using the
metal arrowheads formed by its own explosion.

The magician Aleister Crowley had described it as a mass of energy that could sever the
bonds of the target. As a symbol, it was like lightning that zigzagged on the way to its
target.

No spell could be more useful to the Great Demon who was stationed to protect the top
three Sephirah and who existed to obstruct all bonds and tear the world apart.

“Magick: Flaming_Sword. Manifest thyself through descent of the Sephirah and bathe
him in thy power.”

Even if the direct explosion missed, the shockwave alone may have been enough to
obliterate a human body. This attack seemed to forget Coronzon’s supposed goal of
protecting the temple. If the target dodged it out of fear, everyone here would be killed
and the temple made from a decagonal heliport would be split apart from within.

“Babalon, Great Mother of Knowledge, reveal your scarlet light!!”

Aleister roared, but it was too slow.

At this rate, she would be broken.

Just then, baby Lilith moved her small hand to draw a circle in the air.

But that made no sense.

Given the comparative speeds, it was too late to move your hand after Magick:
Flaming_Sword had already been released
. Nevertheless, it worked.

Consistency fell apart. Causality was ignored.

In other words, it was a miracle.

With a sound like a saw’s teeth bending, the tip of the Magick: Flaming_Sword was
twisted off course. It was caught by the shield-like circle Lilith had drawn, it spun around,
and it was trapped in a never-ending circuit.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 22 Chapter 4 Part 14
The only one capable of consciously reacting to the Magick: Flaming_Sword is Lilith's miracles who was born pure and free of Original Sin, so it at least scales above everyone else's reaction speed.
Plus, she was a truly innocent being who had only just been born from her mother’s womb.

Since she had also passed through a Holy Guardian Angel and been permeated by various
powers, the power hidden within her was unfathomable.

The topic of spiritual rank was relevant here.

Her rank was different from that of an adult who was covered in sin and had lost their
divinity.

Without even referencing the Adam Kadmon, it was possible to say she held endless
possibilities within her.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 19 Epilogue
Is "possibly infinite speed" not a thing?
At bare minimum, it could be given "at least sub-relativistic, likely far higher" attack speed from scaling above Aleister's reaction speed.

I wonder if Fiamma's Holy Right could defend against it, reaction speed-wise.

Last edited:
I agree with Everything12. Additionally, the entire thing is part of what basically is the chant for a spell. For all we know it has as much literal meanings as the ramblings Lina Inverse has in her spells.

I agree with Everything12. Additionally, the entire thing is part of what basically is the chant for a spell. For all we know it has as much literal meanings as the ramblings Lina Inverse has in her spells.
Sounds good to me. Do you want to weigh in on the "far higher" rating?

I'm ok with "At least", I don't think a "possible higher" is pressing.

I'm ok with "At least", I don't think a "possible higher" is pressing.
Ehhhh

Far higher may be too much, but "sub rel, higher with FS" fits well enough, as it is clearly Corazon's fastest spell.

At least doesn't really convey that, and far higher is unsupported.

high with FS works too, I guess.

Back