• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS God Tier Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise for my earlier thread that was rushed and poorly made. Not to mention only had one feat to go off of...but now, I wish to try again with a bit more knowledge and research.

My proposal is for all the inFAMOUS characters to receive upgrades, as they are all outdated, but for now, I will only be focusing on the God Tiers: Cole MacGrath and The Beast.

P.S. If any of my fellow inFAMOUS Fans (CoreOfimBalance and PTSOXMONKEY99) wish to fix or help with this thread, they are fully encouraged to do so as I am afraid I will screw something up. Now, without further ado...

Feat 1-Moon

This one is pretty straight forward. In the future timeline, The Beast destroyed the moon with a single blast when it first awoke. And went on to completely destroy the surface of the Earth in a short timespan, before proceeding to chase Kessler's family across the wasteland for the next several years.

IMG 0054

I know, this is a future Timeline and all, however, it is heavily implied by the narrative and Dead Drops that The Beast from the future is in fact John White.

IMG 44
Note that Kessler knew of John White having the Conduit Gene (as it is the only reason he let him in the First Sons organisation in the first place), and Wolfe, who personally worked alongside Kessler for decades, stated that his predictions were never wrong.

And even if John wasn't this powerful at the beginning of the game, he likely got this powerful by the end. As Conduits get much stronger as time goes on, they are exposed to Ray Field Energy (which The Beast is a natural producer of, due to literally fusing with it after being torn apart), combat and training (The Beast fought the entire US Military on its way down the coast with absolutely no effort), etc.

In fact, John is probably even stronger than the original Beast as again, the Ray Sphere fused to his body after the events of inFAMOUS 1.

IMG 0045

IMG 0046
However, I am only going over the things I went over in my other thread, which didn't go over well, so moving on...

Feat 2-Beast Blasts inF 1 & 2

In inFAMOUS 2, The Beast was able to casually amass enough power to instantly destroy the following area:

IMG 58
Before

IMG 59
After

Not only would the area of this blast warrant Island to Small Country due to it being about as big or bigger than Cyrus Island, which is the standard example for Island Level:

IMG 0095
IMG 0096
But, as mentioned in this:
IMG 0094
It clocks in at extremely high levels of power depending on how it is destroyed. Like, as mentioned above, vaporising a large mountain equals Small Country Level power. This works for inFAMOUS as the Ray Field Blasts used by the Ray Sphere and The Beast don't just destroy the surrounding area. They COMPLETELY VAPORIZE IT. We know this because every character in the series says it about a thousand times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnfY8Cz15A

IMG 0088
Narration box in the top right corner.

So not only does it get vaporised, it also potentially gets atomised. As the Ray Field Blast tore John apart atom by atom, which he had to pull himself back together from (Which is where his high-tier Regenerationn comes from in the first place), as stated here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=54vCtr14G-Y

So these Blast get Vaporization as a low-end and Atomization as a high-end. The latter of which is the highest destructive level for a feat. Not only that, but both Cole and The Beast possess Planetary Range. And The Beast has been shown to be able to control the radius of his blasts. From being able to engulf an Island/Small Country radius to simply blowing up a small part of a warehouse to even destroying a large portion of the moon. Meaning he likely has the ability to completely vaporized and/or atomise the entire surface of the planet. Which isn't that far fetched, as he already did so in the future Timeline.

Feat 3-Clouds

In inFAMOUS 2, The Beast is able to produce enough energy to completely shroud the sky in a red-hue and black, cumulonimbus clouds. Which he leaves behind where ever he goes. In fact, in a USTV broadcast (The news network that narrates the Beast's trek down the East Coast), it is stated that the entire country (the USA) is covered in these dark clouds.

IMG 69
See Shape-Shifting sectio

And then, at the end of the game, after Coles handily stomps The Beast after powering up using the RFI, he condenses all his energy into a single point in order to fire off a world-wide blast that not only engulfs the entire world, wiping The Plague off the face of the Earth, but also COMPLETELY PARTS ALL THE CLOUDS. As well as knock out a distant satellite, is a timeframe of about three seconds.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBoFrK4Oraw (Start at 11:25 to 11:37)

IMG 67
IMG 70
IMG 71
Boom

IMG 72
Sunny skies = Happy endings

In another similar calc from DMC, a character performs a nearly identical feat which resulted in 175 petatons.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ry_anime_episode_12_stuff#Feat_4:_Cloud_stuff

Even if Cole's feat is slightly smaller or slower, it should still be in the same ballpark as the absolute minimum for Multi-Continent is 4 petatons. Hell, there's even a JoJo calc where Dio parts a single cloud with his eye beams, which resulted in Small City level destruction. The only reason it wasn't accepted is because it's only from the anime, and thus non-canon.

So, for the God Tiers of inFAMOUS, it goes like this:

RFI Cole: At least High 6-A, likely higher (Easily stomped an end-game Beast after being empowered by the RFI. Charged enough energy to release a world-wide blast that dissipated all the clouds created by the Beast across the country)

Beast Cole: At least High 6-A, possibly higher (Has the combined powers of himself and The Beast)

John White: (Present) At least High 6-A (Casually created Blasts of this magnitude which completely vaporize and/or atomise everything in their radius. Should be as powerful as his future self by the end of the game, due to possessing Planetary range, should be able to vaporize/atomise the entire surface of the Earth) | At least High 6-A (Vaporized and/or atomised a large section of the moon when it first awoke, Completely destroyed the surface of the planet in a short timespan), likely much higher (Has had several years to hone his powers before Kessler traveled back in time)

Again, sorry about the last thread being so crappy and sorry if this one is too. Again, if any of my fellow inFAMOUS fans wish to fix anything, please let me know.

EDIT: I don't know how this works, so I'm gonna make a list of the supporters of this upgrade:

- PTSOXMONKEY99

- Cropfist

- CoreOfimBalance

- Kaltias

- Theblack6host96

I am uncertain. Scaling from more powerful versions in future timelines seems unreliable, and we preferably need calculations for the present day feats.

However, I would appreciate further staff input.

The Beast also has planetary range, and his blasts vaporize and/or atomise everything in their radius.

I will highlight this thread for further input.

Thank you for the thread TA. It looks nice. However the reason why it meshes well together Ant is because the Beast was confirmed to be John already. Kessler's discussion with him shows him predicting if not knowing that John was indeed the Beast from the past. The Beast's awakening is a bit shrouded by mystery but it's close enough to the present timeline, just a bit earlier. Regardless as Teen said he should've bonded with the RFI which would further accelerate his power growth. So it really scales well considering that the awakening of the Beast in one timeline is legitimately on that level.

Although it seems that this thread however focuses on already pre-existing feats that happen in the present timeline so even disregarding that argument the Multi-continent feat is still viable.

Was the future version of the Beast more powerful than the present version of the character?

They were both to said to bring the end of the world. In both cases the Beast in the Future Timeline, and the Evil Timeline (Aka if you choose to be a villain in the game) both lead up to that. There's also the issue with how conduits grow stronger over time, but on one hand the Beast in the Current Timeline came earlier and seemed to start off as strong.

Hmm. Perhaps "Possibly Moon level" or "Likely Moon level" then?

That's my belief too actually. Present Timeline is all of the above + Possibly Moon level, while a separate key of Future Beast is simply MC to Moon level considering he destroyed the moon.

An inFAMOUS thread.... being highlighted... what madness is this!?!

In all seriousness, this looks good. Considering that Beast Cole would have had to release blast spanning a whole state/ multiple cities in order to wipe those areas of the Ray Sphere Plague, it ales sense that his AP would have to go up.

It also makes sense since Ray Sphere detonations usually vaporize anything non-Conduit caught in the blast radius. This was shown in both inFAMOUS 1 and 2, since we could see the steam/mist coming off the ground in the intro, and in Nix's flashback. Even Consuits aren't completely safe, since Cole nearly died in his Ray Sphere event, and was put into a coma, and Nix was knocked out in hers, and she wasn't even the one holding the Ray Sphere. Oth of these prove that Ray Sphere blasts vaporize things, possibly atomize if John's statement is anything to go by.

I most definitely support this!! Also, I thought John White was already announced to be The Beast when he revealed his identity in inFAMOUS 2 to Cole?

@Theblack6host96

It is a topic of debate, but it was highly implied in a few dead drops that the Beast in the future was actually John.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
@Theblack6host96
It is a topic of debate, but it was highly implied in a few dead drops that the Beast in the future was actually John.
Oh, I honestly thought that was a given fact after John's personal reveal to Cole. Hot damn.

Yeah, the argument against it is that if Kessler knew John was the Beast, then why didn't he just kill him to save the future or something along those lines.

So, to summarise, what statistics changes are being proposed here, and which characters would it affect?

Characters it would affect are Cole MacGrath strongest forms and John White. And the statistics are the following:

Good Cole empowered by the RFI: At least High 6-A, possibly 5-C (Easily stomped an end-game Beast after being empowered by the RFI. Released enough energy to create a worldwide blast that dissipated all the clouds created by The Beast across the country)

Evil/Beast Cole: At least High 6-A, possibly 5-C (Has the combined powers of himself and The Beast)

John White: (Present) At least High 6-A (Can casually create blasts of this magnitude that vaporize and/or atomize everything in their path), possibly 5-C (Should be as powerful as his future self by the end of the game, has the ability to vaporize and/or atomize the entire surface of the planet) | (Future) At least High 6-A to 5-C (Vaporized and/or atomised a large section of the moon when it first awoke, destroyed the entire surface of the Earth. He did so overtime, but could've done it immediately if he wanted to.), likely much higher (Has had several years to hone his powers before Kessler traveled back in time)

Also, after this is applied, I'm going to make another thread focusing on the other tiers. As they do not struggle with cities, because not only did The Beast destroy this much of Empire City with his blast:

IMG 127
Remember everything within this radius is COMPLETELY VAPORIZED and/or ATOMIZED

But even no-name Conduits from between inFAMOUS 2 and Second Son were able to lay waste to cities on ACCIDENT.

IMG 114

Well, blowing up the entire Moon is usually 5-C, and destroying the surface of the Earth in a single strike is usually High 6-A.

However, destroying just a part of the Moon tends to vary in power, and destroying the surface of the Earth over time is less than High 6-A.

Basically, we probably need screencaptures, timespans, and calculations.

Antvasima said:
Basically, we probably need screencaptures, timespans, and calculations.
Well, he didn't just destroy it in one strike. He completely vaporized and/or atomized everything he destroys. And I think I remember somewhere else that a guy was Moon Level for subatomically destroying all life on a planet. He also has planetary range, meaning he could just do one Blast and be done with it. But since he was a crazy asshole, he wanted to take his time doing it. And even then, he did in a relatively short time.

Also, there is a Naruto calc that puts a guy at High 6-A just for cutting it in half. I highly doubt throughly destroying a large part of it with a vaporising/atomising Blast is weaker.

I think we should have John and Beast Cole have lower AP than RFI Cole. Reason being is that, as shown in game and in lore, RFI Cole completely curbstomped John even when he decided to go all out. John's greatest feats were destroying Empire City, which consisted of 3 small islands, and then proceeding to destroy the East Coast over the span of a few days, destroying town after town as he released massive blasts that spanned entire states. And, as shown in inFAMOUS 1, Nix's flashback in inFAMOUS 2, as well as John's mini-Blast in inFAMOUS 2, Ray Sphere blasts have been shown to vaporize and/or atomize everything non-Conduit, forming massive craters.

Future Beast can probably bump according to the OP. Reason being is that it was established in Kessler's flashback that the Beast obliterated the moon when it first awoke. Though, the way it accomplished this is unknown. Did he teleport up there and smash the moon? Did he blast it from the earth? Use his matter consuming black holes? All we know is that the moon was broken into thirds, and that the Beast was responsible for it.

So, John and Beast Cole can probably hit Island/Small Country level if the size of their blasts are anything to go off of, and RFI Cole can hit Multi-continent, since he DID clear away all of the clouds covering the USA, and completely curbstomped John.

Well, just because Cole stomped him doesn't mean he's not in the same range. Multi-Continent range from 4 petatons to 29 exatons. John and Beast Cole can still be Multi-Continent, but on a lower end than RFI Cole. Especially when they can Ray Field Blast the entire planet's surface. Plus, The Beast likely can't survive in space or reach his black holes that far without just destroying the entire planet, so he more than likely just threw a blast up there and destroyed it.

Also, the radius of those Blasts alone warrant Island/Country. That's still not taking into account that he completely vaporized and/or atomizes everything in the blast radius. Like, look at Iron Man. He's Multi-Continent just for stopping a bomb that simply PULVERIZED the West Coast.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Asyulus/Tony_Stark_a.k.a._Iron_Man_stops_Bomb

Plus, all the Top-Tier characters are likely gonna get Small Island/Island in the next thread after this is complete. I mean, look at the blast The Beast used to destroy Empire City.

IMG 127
Remember everything within this radius is COMPLETELY VAPORIZED and/or ATOMIZED

And again, no-name Conduits between the seven years of the games could lay waste to cities on accident.

IMG 114
So just to preview, Base Form Cole and everyone who is comparable or on par with him are likely going to be:

7-C to 7-B, likely High 7-A

Present Beast and Beast Cole are likely:

At least High 6-A, possibly 5-C/likely higher

RFI Cole:

At least High 6-A, likely 5-C/much higher

Future Beast:

At least High 6-A to 5-C, likely much higher

We don't know the reach of John's range. The only character in the series to have displayed planetary range is RFI Cole. Also, as we discussed before, it doesn't make sense for John to have Planetary range. If he did, then why didn't he just Ray Sphere Blast the whole planet? His main goal was to eliminate the Plague, and it's not like John is cruel/sadistic/crazy enough to want to take his time to achieve it. John himself even admits that he hates what he is doing. It's most likely that his range just couldn't reach that far. And as discussed before, range /=/ AP.

PIS or CIS. Like why didn't he just Ray Sphere Blast New Marais and be done with it? Plus, he is shown to be able to completely control the radius of his blasts from destroying entire Island/Country sized radiuses, to simply blowing up a small part of a warehouse. Plus, by the end of the game, he should be at least as powerful as his future self when he first awoke, range and everything. The same can be said for the future Beast, if he can blow up the moon like that, why doesn't he just use the same ranged blasts to incinerate Kessler's family instead of chasing them for decades? Or just destroy the planet with a few blows? But you're right, Joh isn't a crazed lunatic. And that's the point. The Future and present Beast are the same person, with the exact same power. The only difference is their personalities. And their hesitance to use their full power. Like in Evil Cole's ending in PSASBR, when he says "Some Conduits fear their own power, refuse to unleash it." That's why John holds back his power every time he fights Cole. And at the end, when he charges the RFI, he realises he can't do so anymore, and throws everything he has at him in a last ditch effort, only to get stomped.

Yeah, but what about the fact that you can vaporize or atomise everything in your range?

If the John had planetary range, then why didn't Beast Cole just blast the surface of the planet? He was more ruthless and pragmatic as said by John himself, and he did always choose the path of least resistance, so why didn't he just blast the surface of the planet and be done with it? It's because his range wasn't at that level.

There's clearly a difference in range between Present and Future Beast. If the Beast of the future could somehow break the moon, then why didn't John do so? Why didn't Cole do so? We can't automatically assume John can do everything the Beast of the future can. We've never seen John do something of that magnitude. The Future Beast could. The reason for him not wiping the planet can probably be chalked up to PIS, but that argument doesn't hold up for John since he never displayed that kind of range. There's also a lot about the future Beast we still don't know. It is highly implied but never truly confirmed that John and the future Beast are one in the same. We also don't know much about the Future Beast's awakening. Was it artificially triggered? Was it natural? How did he develop the power to freeze people and create volcanoes? There are a lot of unknowns and variables, so to COMPLETELY scale the two is shaky at best. Also, since John ended up getting stomped, it's not like we can scale him to Cole anyway, since it was shown that all of his attacks did no damage to Cole whatsoever, whereas all of Cole's attacks did major damage that he could not heal from.

Being able to vaporize/atomize an island/small country may result in a a continental level AP, but the thing is we don't know the VOLUME of area vaporized/atomized. We have a rough idea of the surface area, but we have no clue about how deep the craters are. How tall are they? There are no pictures of the areas affected, so we don't know. We can't automatically assume he made holes the size of mountains, because that would involve a huge amount of assumptions.

The Ray Sphere can at least make craters of this volume:

IMG 131
Assuming Cole is about 6 feet tall, the original crater is about 12-18 feet deep. And John's Blasts should be MUCH more powerful.

And actually, when no longer holding back, The Beast was still able to hurt him.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaJ8WfTwrs

(Start at 8:23-8:38)

Plus, I just checked and the crust of the Earth is about 5-8 kilometres deep. And The Beast present self even says that his range reaches several kilometres. Even Cole's range is several kilometres in his base form. And that's still when he is restricting his power. When going all out, he is likely as strong as his future self at least when he first awoke. And is, as shown above, still able to injure and fight RFI Cole for a brief period.

Actually, from standing next to it in game, you can see that the height of the crater only reaches a few feet above Cole, putting it more within the 10 feet range. Also, it rather unsafe to use in game measurements, because, as said by yourself, the developers made the map smaller in game. This is supported by the fact the in game the crater appeared to only be about 20-30 feet in width, when it is confirmed in canon to be 6 blocks wide. While it is true that John's blast should be higher than this, we still don't know the exact range.

Assuming that we use the 12 feet height, it would still result in Country to Small Continent level AP. This is still far below Mutli-Continent AP.

This hurts Cole's natural durability, since, as aforementioned, the AP would still be much lower than Multi-Continental. This means that he can reach Multi-Continental durability only with his shields.

Again, this is only the Ray Sphere Blast, John should be much more powerful. Plus, he did this when he was pulling out all the stops. Look at it like it shouldn't downgrade Cole's durability for being hurt, it should Upgrade The Beast's AP for being able to harm him. That's like downgrading Superman because Wonder Woman or The Flash is able to hurt him.

Plus, just because it doesn't have that range, doesn't mean it doesn't have that energy. Again, that's like saying Flash's Infinite Mass Punch isn't Star Level because it doesn't destroy the Earth every time he uses it.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115653/3369410-3501809092-thefl.jpg

It is more powerful, but to an unknown extent. We don't know the height of the craters left behind. We can't automatically assumed he made craters down to the center of the earth. There's no proof. We can't make major AP's like this based off of assumptions.

Like I said, if he Beast's AP is lower, Cole's AP should scale since he was hurt by his attacks. The Beast has only shown to be able to destroy island/small country sized areas, so Cole should have durability simila to that. He never tanked a multi-continental level attack, so there is no proof of him being multi-continental without his shields. So that means that John does not get a boost.

John took Multi-Continental attacks from Cole. And Cole performed a Multi-Continental feat with the clouds. As such John should also be Multi-Continental for hurting Cole, and Cole should be Multi-Continental for tanking these attacks, albeit they still hurt him.

I'm not saying he made craters down to the centre of the Earth. No one is. I'm saying he should be able to destroy the Earth's CRUST. Which, again, is 8 kilometres deep on oceanic and 32 on continental. And The present Beast's current profile still states that he has several kilometres in range.

IMG 135

I would say having your health bar lowered to zero in the matter of seconds because every attack is blowing your body to pieces/ causing you to explode "taking" and attacks. John was completely helpless when he went all out against Cole. Most play throughs show Cole obliterating John like nothing.

Once again, range \=\ AP. His attacks still have to blow through all of those layers, meaning that they lose energy the farther they go, resulting in a much lower AOE. Also, as aforementioned, we've never actually seen John's craters, so we can't assume how low they go.

It's not multiple layers, it's just one layer.

He's still able to hurt him when he gets the chance to hit him. And every attack wasn't blowing his body to pieces, it was just blasting through his defences. He was still able to take most of them and still stand up before he was utterly forced to his feet. And he still survived those attacks, he was just in so much pain that he couldn't stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back