• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

inFAMOUS God Tier Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, we have no idea of the magnitude of the craters.

>blasted through his defenses >brought him to his knees >was in so much pain he couldn't do anything >his body actually starts to explode and break apart >"still takes the attacks" >wut

And, as said before, no one up until this point has even shown a multi-continental attacks, so how is Cole supposed to get natural multi-continental durability? If John couldn't properly defend himself, and was defeated easily, how is he getting Multi-continent?

Because according to the laws of physics, the amount of force an object that discharge should be equal to the amount of force it can withstand. And again, Cole could condense his energy into a worldwide blast that dissipated all the clouds The Beast made across the country, as well as knock out a satellite in orbit. He should also be able to naturally withstand this force.

Every one of Cole's attacks that he threw at The Beast should have been Multi-Continent Level due to his RFI power up, and The Beast was still able to power through several of them before going down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkaJ8WfTwrs

As you can see, he is still able to stand and hurl blasts at Cole while he is assaulting him. And goes down only after Cole deals the blow that, should I say, "Broke the Camel's back".

>Has a man that absorbs electricity and lighting >Has people that turn into mist and teleport via fire >Has a man that absorbs matter and somehow doesn't flatten every street he walks on >Has a man that went back in time >"Laws of physics"

Watch any other gameplay and you see that most people just spam attacks and the Beast just stands there helplessly. You can't pick and choose.

No, because in every other play through, you can still see The Beast gathering his attacks. And doesn't being to stagger until Cole deals the final blow.

By that logic, all calcs are worthless as they are primarily focused on physics.

You can see the Beast trying to charge up, but then is staggered and then curbstomped accordingly. You can even see him flinch.

None of the those calcs try to apply the logic you are using. You're saying that everyones AP should scale to durability, which is especially wrong for guys like Cole whose main method of attack is sending out energy blasts. Ever heard of glass canons? By your logic, Misaka Mikoto should be Town level. Mob's natural durability should be Multi-city block level. Just because someone can release an energy beam capable of obliterating a building doesn't mean that they themselves can survive a building busting bomb unless they have shown the ability to.

In the above video, he doesn't flinch once until Cole drops his health to zero. And even if he does flinch, he's still being hit by dozens of Multi-Continent attacks and still standing up.

In that case, Cole can still be hurt by his own grenades during that scene and can survive being hit by them. If he can survive his own Multi-Continental attack, wouldn't he be Multi-Continent in durability. Like Josuke and Jotaro being Large Building in durability for taking a punch from their own Stand.

In this video, you can clearly see the Beast flinching even before his health bar gets anywhere near zero.

You forget, Cole's attacks deal with electricity, and what does Cole absorb and has a high resistance/immunity to? The kinetic energy is also a factor, but Cole never has a chance to hit himself with an attack in his RFI form, so that point is moot.

We have a rule of whatever one can output is what literally is the damage they can take. At least that's the last I saw of that rule. I don't think it changed at all. I don't think he would be a glass cannon anyway considering he absorbs that much level of energy.

Mob in actuality has a higher defense and shrugged off a beating from Koyama. Meanwhile Misaka is a literal repeated glass cannon. Almost every esper in To aru is a glass cannon with some exceptions depending on one's ability. You have Cole who's not a glass cannon and literally fires attacks and takes attacks.

But his body has a natural resistance to electricity, so it's not like he can be hurt by the energy he's absorbing.

He takes attack, but not attacks that have been proven within the Multi-continental range.

No dude, you CAN STILL HURT YOURSELF DURING THAT SCENE. I did to myself, and another guy did too.

IMG 0136
But yes, you're right, the grenades are mostly comprised of kinetic energy, I know that. But the point is that Cole can still take a Multi-Continent force and bounce back from it.

But still, The Beast can stand up and take dozens of those Multi-Continent attacks before going down for the count.

But how and when can you hit yourself in RFI form? You're in the air at the time, and you're attacks go in one direction. When can you hit yourself?

You throw the grenades directly in the air above you, or fly into them.

Also, in that video you linked, The Beast did stagger for a few moments, yes. But then he regained his composure and gathered up a blast despite still being assaulted by Cole's attacks.

Alrighty, now we just need to get more supporters. I asked GodKingSuperman and SaiyanSage for their input. If they agree, that puts it at 7 supporters.

P.S. I don't know exactly how Content Revision threads work. Do we need a certain number of supporters before making revisions?

So, given that I am too busy to read all of the above, what are the summarised conclusions here?

RFI Cole should be Multi-Continent based on the cloud clearing feat. He gets a bump to his AP, since it was his energy that empowered the RFI that cleared the clouds over the US. It also goes to his durability, since he can survive his own attacks.

John White gets Multi-continent from scaling to RFI Cole, albeit slightly weaker, since when he went all out against him, he was able to slightly injure him and survive a few attacks, but overall got curbstomped.

Beast Cole should scale to John, since he recieves his powers added onto his own, though he should still be slightly weaker than RFI Cole.

Okay. Although given that we have no exact calculations, I think that the ratings should say "Likely..." or "Possibly...".

Likely seems more likely (how redundant to say xD), but we could just go with At least Multi-continent for Cole and multi-continent for Beast if necessary to make it clear who's better

Multi-Continent is a pretty wide tier from the lower to upper borders. If we scale from a Multi-Continent level character, we cannot automatically say "At least" for a character that won in a fight.

I think it should go like this:

RFI Cole: At least Multi-Continent, likely higher

John White/Beast Cole: At least Multi-Continent, possibly higher

The Beast and Beast Cole should be exactly the same as Beast Cole is just Cole gaining The Beast's powers. He should actually be slightly stronger since they were added to his own.

They should both still be At least High 6-A, but Cole should be likely higher as he is clearly the stronger, and The Beast should be possibly higher because while he got handed, he still managed to take a lot of his attacks before going down for good and could still hurt him.

Yeah, that sounds good. The Beast's key would probably be:

At least High 6-A, possibly higher | At least High 6-A, likely much higher

Also, John White doesn't seem like what his profile should be called. Should we change the name to "The Beast (inFAMOUS)"?

Well, he should the same as John, as he is just Cole with all of John's powers. Maybe slightly stronger since they were added to his own. So...

At least High 6-A, possibly higher for Beast Cole.

If John lost to Cole by being overwhelmed, should he just be a flat MC as well? "At least" implies that he is stronger, when it was proven that he was weaker than Cole even when he went all out.

Well as I said, they should both be At least High 6-A. The way we define how RFI Cole is stronger is that he is likely higher, while The Beast is only possibly higher.

Also, I was actually thinking that they might actually be on the same level. The reason is that if you look closely at the fight, The Beast can do the same amount of damage to Cole as he can do to himself. It's just that Cole fires all his attacks SO FAST, The Beast could barely keep up.

So it is possible that they are on the same level, and Cole stomped The Beast via a speed blitz.

But hold up, if were basing this off of the DMC calc, there is a discrepancy here. The clouds in the DMC covered the continent of North America, whereas inFAMOUS the clouds were only confirmed to cover the country of the US. This would result in much different level of AP.

Note, these were all cumulonimbus clouds that completely covered the country as opposed to DMC, which were just regular clouds scattered across the continent apparently, even though if you look at it, it is mostly just the US and a small part of Canada when in inFAMOUS it completely engulfed the skies across the ENTIRE country. Not to mention the blast engulfed the entire world and knocked out a satellite in orbit, which I don't recall Abigail's feat doing. His portal isn't even the size of North America like the description suggests, it's about the size of the country.

Plus, even if it were slightly smaller, it would still likely be in the Petatons as DMC clocked in at 175 petatons. And the minimum for Multi-Continent is only 4 petatons.

The clouds did actually cover the continent, but the fact that they appear to be normal clouds compared to cumulonimbus clouds may play a factor, but a calc would most likely be needed to justify the tier.

The point is that it should still be within this range even if it is slightly weaker. It should still be in the same ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back