• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean, what exactly would Beast Cole... do after all is said and done? What can a man even do with himself after effectively ending the world as we know it?

I guess you could argue that having an Evil empire of super powered people could be interesting at least. It's kinda different then what MHA did, MHA is more "flawed" then "actively ruled/brought into existence by an evil overlord who wiped out most of humanity".

I feel like civilization could get weirder then mhas considering the second gen conduits seem to have become more akin to elementals then their earlier counterparts. With their abilities to shape the world around them with their powers (Eugene's computer world, fetches light art, Augustine's concrete structures) and break down into smaller elements to pass through gaps.

You could wind up with a society with some severe differences to our own. At least accounting for the actual structure of their living environments. Then you have beast cole ruling over the world with his god like power, but he's a bit directionless after his success...

I kinda imagine Post-Canon Beast Cole as a withdrawn ruler that people make up stories about. Hardly anyone sees him besides a few close friends and he spends most of his free time not dedicated to ruling to reflecting on the past of days gone by.

Kinda like Post Infinity War Thanos honestly. He fufilled his goal, but it cost him everything. He doesn't really know what to do with himself after that, so he doesn't really do anything. He exists, tends to a few responsibilities here and there, and listens to heartbreaking regret clawing at the back of his skull.

I imagine he'd be more like General Ironwood from RWBY

Whole world's going to hell in a hand basket and he has to keep everything in order. He's tired, paranoid, and everything is this close to caving in on itself

Well for starters, rebuilding civilization will be difficult to say the least. Cole would have nuked just above every inhabitable civilization on the planet, leaving most of it a steaming pile of rubble. Sure, maybe with the Conduits power they can streamline the reconstruction process, but even then, there will still be massive amounts or Ray Field radiation plaguing the planet.

This won't be an issue for Conduits, but I can only imagine the effect this will have in plant life. Which should also be screwed up by the fact that Cole pretty much glassed the place. I wanna say that animal life is also probably in trouble, but then I remembered Conduit animals are a thing (but I can only imagine how this will mess up agriculture, since now animals have superpowers)

Even beyond just the physical fallout, I highly doubt society will be rebuilt so quickly. Sure, some Conduits were fine with following Cole, but I highly doubt that means all of them. I'd imagine some people will take issue with Cole deciding the fate of the world by himself in this manner, and there's a 100% chance that people will pissed at Cole for killing non-Conduits who were close to them. So now, what's left of human society will probably be fighting amongst themselves with their newly acquired super powers to try and avenge their loved ones. Or may they'll be corrupted by their power and try and take out the head honcho (Cole).

It'll basically be a civil war between Pro-Cole's group and Anti-Cole's group, with Cole himself face palming and wondering why his life sucks so much.

Tl;dr Things become like Fallout but with Conduits

Also, when you literally bring about the end of the world as we know it, you inspire a certain amount of awe in some people.

What I'm saying is, some people are probably gonna start a cult around Cole and Cole's gonna be completely exasperated with that.

The fallout phase will be interesting and Im very interested to think about the cities that will pop up, Augustine created an island, eugene created a digital world. A small grouping of potent conduits won't struggle to make livable areas. As you said animals while mutated will still exist and none of this accounts for any plant based conduits that may eventually arise.

So, Homestuck's Low Tiers are getting revised, so inFAMOUS vs Homestuck might be in jeopardy.

I know you guys are good with evaluating Storm Feats, so I hope it's not to much if an issue if I request you take a look at this calc and help us find the right end to use: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Nemo212/John_Does_The_Windy_Thing_(Redux)

I'll be sure to pay you guys back in any way I can. Request a match and you'll get it.

>Infamous might go back to moon level

>Read the reasoning

>It's like they don't even know what GBE even means, nor did they learn before they opened their mouths to say it applies because big splitty wicki

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

Read a Sucker Punch Interview on inFAMOUS when they were asked if Static Shock was inspiratio:

You know man, I saw like half an episode of Static Shock a long time ago and I'm sorry...there's really no intentional commonality there. I remember he had a sidekick who could make things out of machines and it could fly. But that's all I can remember from the show. Was it a good show?

It was not a very good show, no.

What could Static Shock do; what were his powers?

He had electricity powers and could draw electricity out of things and use it.

Actually, I got to go back and watch it. Did he have a cool costume?

No, not at all. He had a costume, but it was trash.

Whoa, on the record.

Does anyone ever have ideas for powers that should've been in the games?

Like for example, inFAMOUS 2, Cole has the ability to use rockets from the beginning of the game, and the fourth Blast Core gives him either Flight or Teleportation (for Ice and Napalm respectively) which operate with similar mechanics to the Shadow Swarm from Festival of Blood. While using Flight, Cole can freeze enemies he flies through, and with Teleportation, he creates a napalm explosion that damages everything nearby after teleporting.

It always pissed me off that Cole was one of the only Conduits that couldn't fly, teleport or turn into his respective element. Lightning Tether, Ice Launch and Firebird Strike were cool and all, but I was really hoping Cole would learn Kessler's flash step or at least the Ice Men's frost dash

I remember Cole being unable to fly being a running gag in a playthrough I watched

I wonder how Kessler felt watching his younger self not learn how to flash step? I'd imagine it'd be something like "Come on Cole! Even those random junkies know how to do it! That's it. Francis! Cancel my meetings, I have to go out and show this kid how it's done."

"Miss me with that weeb shi-"

Kessler teleports behind Cole

"No"

Kessler forking kicks Cole into a nearby building

Also, not sure about this, but the official Conduit Test thing from the Suck Punch website has a result for electrical Conduits, and it describes Cole as "one of the most powerful and heroic Conduits who ever lived". Not sure if we can use that to scale to Second Son, but it's something.

On an additional note, we should still look into getting The Beast's moon bust recalced. Even without the GBE thing, the current calc only accounts for one split, when it was split in three pieces.

Tbh not sure how we could use the Conduit test website, but I guess it's worth discussing if it's an official Sucker Punch website

I think it could merit something since it's from an official SP website

We'd just have to note that it comes from promotional material

I know I brought this up before and everyone was all "nope", but I wanted to give like a "defense" I guess for it.

In the original idea for Second Age (the Second Son sequel) by Madman, he came up with the idea that Beast Cole had travelled through time to create the current "Good Karma" timeline, and that he is the true main antagonist of the story. I thought it was interesting when he brought it up, especially since he is pretty adamant against Good Cole being resurrected (I used to want Good Cole revived, but the more I thought about it, it would make his sacrifice from inFAMOUS 2 much less impactful, and he really has no more place in the current story other than fanservice). However, something I disagree with his Beast Cole being a full-blown villian like from inFAMOUS 1, where all he wants is to just take over the world.

My take on Beast Cole's role in the story is similar to how he was portrayed in the "Legacy of The Beast" fanfiction, where he is simply a man trying to save the world, through any means necessary (undecided if he should be Anti-Hero Cole or Good Cole if he switched to The Beast's side at the very end. Leaning towards the latter, as that would make his altering the timeline much more believable). He didn't become The Beast to gain power, to rule over Conduits, or even to save himself. They didn't know the RFI would actually cure the Plague, and if it didn't all they'd do was kill the only people immune to it, with the rest of humanity following soon after. So Cole chose John's side, killed his former allies, and destroyed the RFI before it could be used against Conduit-kind.

After inheriting The Beast's powers, Cole made his way across the world, activating as many Conduits as he could before the Plague killed them. However, he wasn't prepared for the aftermath of ordeal. Not long after, there was infighting between factions of Conduits, some sought to use their powers for self gain and to sow chaos, other sought to stop them and keep the peace, and others tried to help the remnants of humanity and stop Cole (however they would soon find their aid unwelcome). This, along with the human factions in possession of First Sons technology and a stockpile of the world's remaining nuclear weapons, led to a devastating war that led to the destruction of all life on the planet (these events, I imagined, would be covered in a sequel/prequel game "inFAMOUS 3").

Overwhelmed with failure and grief, Beast Cole, like Kessler before him, discovered his ability to travel through time, attempting to rewrite history. He would influence his past self (through currently unknown means) to choose to activate the RFI, convincing him that while John might be the only way anyone will survive this, the price was simply too high. Teleporting to Earth's moon to escape the RFI's blast radius should things go wrong and need further correction, Cole was suprised to learn the RFI exceeded expectations and cured the Plague across the globe, as well as leaving 10% of the Conduit population alive.

Then, when everything seemed all well and good, the remaining Conduits were hunted and slaughtered by the military, riots broke out across the country and the world, and factions of both humans and Conduits killed and risked war for the sake of self-righteousness, outdated indentity politics, and petty squabbles over personal freedom and societal order. It was, essentially, what happened to Cole's timeline all over again. Cole, long ago, made a promise that he would save the world through any means necessary. And he would be damned if he was going to sit by and watch the world destroy itself a second time.

I do, but I'm incredibly hesitant to group chat with it.

That's not your guy's fault, I just have extreme social anxiety that keeps me hesitant to try new things like that and generally I find it easier to talk to people via text.

Dude I have autism, I totally understand that and you have no reason to be, I understand

We're all good friends on here too

@Wright

Dragging a bit with the profile. After my work got deleted and the holidays rolled in, just sorta lost track

@Schnee

Nah, I don't have a PS4 anymore :(

Back