• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Infamous - Cole uses RFI to cover the world Buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally this contains spoilers. But who cares about that. Anyway...

I always made light of this feat and just chalked it up to the RFI, but then I realized... It's not as weak as we thought.

https://youtu.be/fBoFrK4Oraw?t=672

At 11:12 afterwards, Cole uses the RFI to cleanse the plague of the world. And that's it. The shockwave he summoned travelled throughout the entire world's surface.

I always chalked it up to being the RFI but however....

This RFI needs power. It needed Cole MacGrath to absorb seven Blast Cores, which each are comparable to Ray Spheres. The same device that basically destroyed multiple city blocks and gives a person the capability of Town-City level DC Feats and more. He took seven of those and was just fine and dandy. Only when did he get all of those did he actually develop the capability to use this.

At the end of the game Cole was able to summon enough energy to basically affect the entire surface of the world.

You can argue that it's using the power of the city he was in BUT. That would just mean City + Cole's power output = Affect the entire world. Even if he uses a portion of their power he should be on a high enough scale.

Add in the fact that in an alternate timeline, the Beast fractured the moon and led the destruction of the world, and he just easily curbstomped him... That's accounting for something. But I'm not saying Cole is moon level. After all conduits grow with power over time. In Kessler's timeline he was already pretty old when he decided to travel back in time. So maybe in a decade or two the Beast got the power to destroy the moon. On Cole's timeline, he should be strong but not to the point of any planetary scaling.

Anyway in conclusion, Cole needs to be stronger.

Infamous 1 Cole - Town level

Infamous 2 Cole/Pre Beast weakening - City Level++ (he did take out the Beast's face before his ability was weakened)

Infamous Peak Good Cole - Has no need to recharge. Multi Continental or lower. Questionable but open to changes.

Kessler - City ++

On one hand you can argue it's only the amount of energy he has... But on the other, that's the amount of energy he releases there.

I think you definitely have a point there. So, and correct me if I'm wrong, the "city + Cole's power output" is coming from when Cole diconnected the RFI from the charging station and he starting sparking, yes? Anyway, I think this feat puts him at potentially multi-continental. Glad to see you take our previous discussion to heart. Also, sorry about the comic website, but I was able to find the inFAMOUS comics there, I even read one today. I'll check again to make sure.

But yeah like I was saying, it's more like Cole charged the RFI with a city's worth of electricity, and then with his peak power, overcharged and all, released a surge of energy that either covered the entire world or at least summoned a surge that travelled throughout the world. It's doubtful that it's just the RFI either considering when a particuarly strong conduit uses it there's nothing really too strong about it.

I think the point you're making is that whatever power was in the RFI (we're going with a city's worth of power) added to Cole's own max power, puts him at multi-continent. Now, are we assuming that the amount of energy Cole can hold/release is equal to his attack potency? Like, he puts more power into, say, a shockwave/blast and it will be more powerful? I think this feat definitely boosts his range, and maybe his AP as well, since he had to realease the energy across the globe.

But it is showing how much energy he can hold, and then release. He had to power that machine, which sent a wave of RFI energy around the world, with the power in himself+whatever power was in the RFI already from when it was charging(which, we are assuming is a city's worth). Idk, this is pretty tricky thing to discuss.

You don't seem to understand. You're multi-continent level if you destroy the surface of the planet.

This does not. Although it covers the globe it doesn't have the destruction capacity. There's no evidence to say the energy needed to cover that area is enough to destroy. Quite the contrary actually. (Also, sorry about the spam glitch there).

But would the amount of energy - not quite sure how much he would have. But the amount of energy he could gather is that level then? Is that still available? Since he did remove it from any other external electric source and unleashed that power. Then again that amount could be... might be lower or the same depending on how much is used as it travelled.

Well, since the topic has been answered, I suppose that I should close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back