• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inaccuracies of Optimus Prime (G1)

So looking at this page, in all honesty, it's a mess. To start things off, Optimus at his base should be small planet level, as the reasoning of his AP feat states that he can harm Megatron who can survive a planet-moving blast. The reason it should be downgraded is that the planet moved by the explosion, Cybertron is shown smaller than Earth in the same episode. As for his "with the Matrix of Leadership" version, his Ap should downgraded as well, as the feat mentioning Unicron would only be Planet level, and the hate plague he erased in the cartoon was only Galaxy level, not universe.

The explosion in the cartoon is actually High 6-A, but that profile is his composite version. Why the explosion should be only planet level? Unicron is the size of Saturn, and the Hate Plague i can agree if i find the episode. I think we can stay with the 5-A rating if he have that comic feat in his profile, i will search for the Hate Plague thing when i have time, gotta do that Ratchet profile

In all honesty, this page should be deleted so that we can make separate G1 Marvel and G1 Cartoon profiles.

True. This page just confuses me, since, even though it's composite, it only ever uses G1 Marvel and G1 cartoon as a point of reference. Perhaps we should redo it to make it include all of his forms.

Well, if we want him to be composite, we have to. We have more important things to do though. I'll post them on your wall. Also, when we get to this, we should do Megs as well.

We can't scale Composite profile to others, and Megatron don't compare to Powermaster OP, that survived the Planet explosion

I know. I imagine Megs would be weaker, but I'm sure we still have a considerable amount of things to go over for him. Also, they should scale to alternity.

Yeah, i forgot that Both had Alternity-like bodies, though the composite version will get strange, maybe we should separate the base from the Alternity form in the composite version

I mean Link (Composite) is a pretty good example of a composite page. But Alternity is in a class by itself, so we probably shouldn't use them.

@Caleb

I'm not all that aware on Alternity Prime, is he in the same Cluster? (Primax - G1)

@Drite

Allow me to quote "It" from the episode on the Hate Plague (Again from T.R.O.O.P. Part 2) :

"The plague you speak of has visited us once before. A wise man was once able to contain the spores, and send them into the sun. But nobody was able to destroy them. No-one had the power to do that. The only way to fight such madness is with wisdom. Much less, destroy them... Now that they have spread across the Galaxy."

Even with putting aside the statement, I don't really see how the Hate Plague was Universal, nothing of the sort on that scale was shown in the episode.

Yes, the Alternity versions are from the Primax Cluster, but alternity has his/her own page, so i don't think is necessary to include a 1-C key.

Yeah, that look like Galaxy+ at maximum

I might just ask the guy who made OP's profile, unless he's inactive, why he scaled it to Universal.

Edit: Yeah, the guy's inactive. I think the Hate Plague feat can be reduced to Galaxy+. I'll link the video of the statement later.

Probably, I'm just going off of what you previously stated, as I'd probably need to look back at the episode to see what seems appropriate.

Well the Transformers pages here seems trusts TFWiki and they said that the Hate Plague ravaged the universe before and Prime unleashed the matrix throughout the universe. So perhaps they haven't spread long enough in order engulf the entire universe. Also the Large Planet Level+ calc was done with a Cybertron with the surface gravity of the Earth and the size of our moon. I think a nice thing to do is to give the matrix all 3 Tier 3 divisions so he has a Galaxy, Multi-Galaxy, and Universe level AP.

@Not Icarus I am thinking now that that feat was a range one, since he erased the Hate Plague in a universal/galaxy range. I also trust TFWiki, but sometimes they put hyperbole in their pages, take ununtrium for example, the page says that it is podruced with a collapsed star, but further information in IDW says the contrary and what Sisshot saided was an hyperbole (Even OP says that it is Hyperbole), for this reason, i think, if possible, you need to double check the informations that it provide.

@Darkanine could be possible to someone recalc that feat in the comics? I am skeptical myself cause that was Powermaster Optimus Prime, and he was pretty screwed up when he survive that, so he backscale from that

Also the cartoon Cybertron calc is still Large Planet level+ and we have guys who survived/destroyed moons in this wiki that got rated as Large Planet level+ so idk why OP wants Prime to be downgraded.

TFWiki almost always cites its sources. On the Hate Plague article, they cite "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 2" as the source for it "ravaging the universe".

Well to give a little bit more credit, Rodimus also said "help the universe?" in The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 2 episode when Optimus tried to convince him to stop fighting everything in his path and join him in helping him stop the Hate Plague instead.

Also someone forgot to add in flight into Optimus Prime's profile.

The calc is only High 6-A (4e10^28 joules) for that explosion.

And as i saided, that feat seems more like range, since OP erased the Hate Plague in the universe

Nvm the linked one doesn't have the 12,000+ yottatons feat, my mistake. I meant the one Darkanine linked. Wish I knew the actual calc link though.

Come to think of it, I think I do recall one place in the series (whether it'd be Headmasters or the Rebirth Episodes) where it stated that "Optimus unleashed the Matrix into the universe", need to find that video if I am indeed remembering correctly.

I'm staying on-board w/ Optimus remaining 5-A. I'm, as you can see, still sceptical about the Matrix.

Back