• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Inaccessible speed in vs battle wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although this is gonna get cut short because the all powerful admins have decided to close it early for no reason, so there’s really no point in me coming up with a counter.
̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶G̶o̶k̶u̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶I̶n̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶?̶

̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶G̶o̶k̶u̶ ̶i̶n̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶

Ok whatever the point is, this place is often just an echo chamber where majority rules and randomly selected people of authority rule over actual logic most of the time, which is why there is need of constant complete content cleanups like 500 times a day

eating-the-chip-chips.gif
Me after seeing these back and forth stuff from Styrm and ZillerBuck

Ok whatever the point is, this place is often just an echo chamber where majority rules and randomly selected people of authority rule over actual logic most of the time, which is why there is need of constant complete content cleanups like 500 times a day
Dude, not even most regular members are arguing in favor of this thread now....,stop cherrypicking. The majority of us are against this, so stop blaming Mods for everything whenever something doesn't go on your favour.

dt's entire argument just comes down to the difference between infinitely small and zero. If we can accept that infinitely small is not the same as zero (god I hope everybody here knows that) , then literally all counters made fall apart
infinities have different values, which goes for infinitely small values too
but there is only one zero, and it's the smallest you can get, completely nonexistent
So in which number system do you operate for "infinitely small is unequal zero"? Because, as I demonstrated, in the real numbers you won't get the distinction in question and the real numbers are the only thing speed ever gets defined in, in real life. (in the real numbers infinitely small is equal to zero, as I can easily prove if that convinces you that the speed tiers are the same thing)
That's the problem is that all these infinite vs inaccessible arguments: They are made from belief and only half thought through. The moment any mathematical rigour is put to the matter nothing works out the way the simplified mathematical understanding the claims are based on makes you think.

Yes, infinities have different values.
The difference between dimensions is only a matter of different infinities in a simplified terminology. It actually has to do with measurement theoretical comparisons of different volumes, which actually uses just one type of infinity.
Cardinals exist with different levels of infinity, but cardinals express how many of something there is. They can't be used like real numbers.
Neither of these concepts can simply be applied to different speed levels to get different infinite speeds and much less can it be proven that they relate to moving in 0 time.
Heck, none of the proposals I have seen put any actual number on moving in 0 time. If this is an issue of different infinities, can you actually name the specific infinity that is inaccessible speed? I have shown mathematically that it doesn't work within the real numbers, so if that is disregarded by saying the modeling assumption of using real numbers is wrong, I would like to see an alternative mathematical model and proofs within it that demonstrate the speed tiers different.

Last edited:
I don’t understand half of what was just said but frankly I don’t think it’s worth arguing in defense of something that doesn’t affect any of the verses I have discussed
I’m just giving up at this point, cause I have nothing to gain

Thank you for helping out above DontTalk and KingPin. Since this suggestion has been thoroughly rejected, I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back