• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In-training Saitama upgrade

In one of the audiobooks, "A summer festival with Tatsumaki", Saitama is implied to be stronger than Tatsumaki.

By Tatsumaki herself:

"When his identity was about to be revealed, he tried to cover up by saying he was a part-time employee, but for something to surpass even my psychic powers, it’s just proof that this was the real thing!"

By Fubuki:

"When I saw my sister’s face at that moment, looking very grim and stern, I knew to not go against her. I could tell she was not lying. If there was a ghost or a being that would surpass even her psychic abilities, then it would definitely be a Dragon Level threat or more."

In the same line of thought, she also refers to him as "dragon or more". Also known as "above dragon" in fanon.

As a supporting argument, in chapter 123 it is implied that Saitama has defeated threats comparable to MA which includes Orochi. It can't be Dark Matter Thieves since it is a worldwide known event. So unless we skipped something important, this happened before BoS.

My suggestion for his tiering is "9-A, up to 7-B, possibly High 6-A".

. It can't be Dark Matter Thieves since it is a worldwide known event
Yes and no.

The DMT are well known, but Boros was not. Everyone thought it was just the ship. Boros is the sole reason why the ship would be a planetary threat considering Tornado and Flashy Flash. ONE talking as Gery in that interview also implied the same thing with the whole "Boros can wipe out the Earth in just 10 days", showing that 99.9999% of the crew's strength belongs to him.

"Small Building level (Fought Light Pull Cord while severely tired and weakened. After breaking his limiter, he one-shotted Light Pull Cord), up to possibly Multi-Continent level (Tatsumaki's telekinetic powers were ineffective against him, with she stating that Saitama even surpassed her powers, and Fubuki comparing him to an Above Dragon-level threat)"

This is how I think it should be worded. The 7-B seems unnecessary, as the "up to" covers whatever tier he was when he defeated dragon level threats.

This should also give him Resistance to Psychokinesis and possibly Class P in lifting strength.

"Small Building level (Fought Light Pull Cord while severely tired and weakened. After breaking his limiter, he one-shotted Light Pull Cord), up to possibly Multi-Continent level (Tatsumaki's telekinetic powers were ineffective against him, with she stating that Saitama even surpassed her powers, and Fubuki comparing him to an Above Dragon-level threat)"

This is how I think it should be worded. The 7-B seems unnecessary, as the "up to" covers whatever tier he was when he defeated dragon level threats.

This should also give him Resistance to Psychokinesis and possibly Class P in lifting strength.
I think this is a better option

The DMT are well known, but Boros was not
But Genos knows about Boros. He even talks about his battle in databook.

Besides, Saitama refers to Boros as the strongest being he has faced but he also puts it under question by saying "probably" which means there might be comparable threats he faced in past.

Btw do you agree with the main reasoning for High 6-A?
After breaking his limiter, he one-shotted Light Pull Cord
Can we remove the part about breaking his limiter? We have no confirmation of that. Other than that, I agree.

But Genos knows about Boros. He even talks about his battle in databook.

Besides, Saitama refers to Boros as the strongest being he has faced but he also puts it under question by saying "probably" which means there might be comparable threats he faced in past.

Btw do you agree with the main reasoning for High 6-A?
Not really? The series makes it very clear that Boros is the first guy to survive a single attack from Saitama, as well Saitama being somewhat surprised that Boros didn't immediately die indicates that Boros is above other characters he's fought.

Boros fought against post-training Saitama. Of course, Saitama would be surprised that Boros didn't die. Especially given to that single hit kills were a norm for Saitama at that point.

But Genos knows about Boros
But Genos =/= humanity and Genos in-universe doesn't even realize how strong Saitama actually is until this arc.

main reasoning for High 6-A?
If you mean scaling to Orochi/Tornado idk. I would have to read the auidobook more. But if it's based on the singular manga scan then it isn't enough.

The panel also says "nobody would have any way of knowing".
Because the only person who knows anything is Saitama.

Genos outright states that Earth would be destroyed if it wasn't for Saitama when describing the battle against Boros.
In the databook yes, but in the manga itself he doesn't believe Saitama could defeat Goketsu by himself and repeatability makes claims that indicates he doesn't really the gap between Saitama and everyone else.

Because the only person who knows anything is Saitama.
But in this case, Genos knows too.
the manga itself he doesn't believe Saitama could defeat Goketsu by himself
Wasn't that a mistranslation? What he actually says is that S-class would need Saitama's help to defeat Gouketsu afaik. Also, Genos several times acknowledges the gap between S-class and Saitama so it wouldn't make sense if Genos thought that their help would change anything

Mm, no, he says that Saitama needs to team up with the S-Class to safely defeat Gouketsu.
I know what he says. I am just saying that it was a mistranslation from what I remember.

And he contradicts two times in the same panel. He says "probably" strongest. Then he proceeds to say "a little" of Saitama-sensei clearly suggesting that they are not on the same level at all.

And he contradicts two times in the same panel. He says "probably" strongest. Then he proceeds to say "a little" of Saitama-sensei clearly suggesting that they are not on the same level at all.
That’s… not a contradiction, you might want to re-read the scan. He said that Gouketsu was “probably stronger than any monster I’ve faced before”.

And Genos saying it reminds him a little of Saitama does not mean he’s saying Gouketsu is like a small portion of Saitama’s strength (he is, but you know what I mean). Saying “reminds me a little” is basically just another way of saying “kind of”.

That’s… not a contradiction, you might want to re-read the scan. He said that Gouketsu was “probably stronger than any monster I’ve faced before”.
I think you misunderstood me. What I am saying is that if Gouketsu was indeed that strong then Genos wouldn't use "probably" at all. Because someone who can compare would "definitely" be above previous guys.
And Genos saying it reminds him a little of Saitama does not mean he’s saying Gouketsu is like a small portion of Saitama’s strength (he is, but you know what I mean). Saying “reminds me a little” is basically just another way of saying “kind of”.
You are right. I don't remember why I took it out of context like that.
Genos isn't humanity like I said
Again, I am not saying Genos is humanity. But Genos knowing about Boros directly contradicts the second part of the quota. Genos isn't "nobody" like I said.
I've never head that before
To reword my comment, it is rather poorly worded than a complete mistranslation. For example, here is another translation:

"That extraordinary presence... It's probably stronger than any monster/villain we've ever fought.
In terms of abysmal strength, I get the impression that it's similar to Saitama Sensei.
We'll gather the top-class heroes and borrow Saitama Sensei's power to surround it and strike simultaneously!!
Such decisive measures are needed for a target like this!!"

He doesn't talk about combined strength or something. He says that S-class needs Saitama's strength.
This translation explicitly goes against Genos' mindset about Saitama. As I previously said, Genos acknowledges the gap between Saitama and S-class in both the manga and the databook.

In the databook he has this quota:

Untouchable even by the S-class, "Serious" produces power on a whole new dimension. When Saitama utters "serious", its power surpasses that of the S-class and disaster level "God" monsters.

In the manga:

He says humanity would have ended if there was evil Saitama couldn't defeat right after giving up about cooperating with the other S-class heroes

He is aware of King's "superiority" to S-class and still knows that Saitama is superior

In an audiobook:

"In other words, an enemy of the same level as Saitama sensei was born inside the virtual world. Of course, including me, there are no heroes who can win against an enemy like that."

If he thought that a monster compares to Saitama then he wouldn't think that S-class would be of any help. The most important of all is that the very next day after being defeated by Gouketsu he says that "No monster is a match for Saitama". Keep in mind that Genos doesn't know about Gouketsu's death.

Back to this panel, does anyone know Japanese? I asked some people about its translation on internet and there are versions like:

"However, there's no way to know the story as long as he doesn't care to talk about his past battles."

It talks about more than one battle. I want to confirm it. Because if that's the case, then this whole discussion is meaningless.

You know, we might be arguing about it but at the end of the day, we don't know the true answer. There is some vagueness to the statement since it can be interpreted in slightly different ways depending on perspective. Even so, this is a supporting justification for a "possibly" rating. That's why I think adding something like "Has saved the world multiple times, defeating countless organizations which might include threats comparable to Monster Association" where it neither fully acknowledges nor rejects the statement should be fine.

This seems fine.

"Small Building level (Fought Light Pull Cord while severely tired and weakened. After surpassing his limits, he one-shotted Light Pull Cord), up to City level (Has saved the world multiple times, defeating countless organizations which might include threats comparable to the Monster Association), possibly Multi-Continent level (Tatsumaki's telekinetic powers were ineffective against him, with she stating that Saitama even surpassed her powers, and Fubuki comparing him to an Above Dragon-level threat)"

How does this look like? Once in the profile it will have all the required links to the statements of course.

"Small Building level (Fought Light Pull Cord while severely tired and weakened. After surpassing his limits, he one-shotted Light Pull Cord), up to City level (Has saved the world multiple times, defeating countless organizations which might include threats comparable to the Monster Association), possibly Multi-Continent level (Tatsumaki's telekinetic powers were ineffective against him, with she stating that Saitama even surpassed her powers, and Fubuki comparing him to an Above Dragon-level threat)"

How does this look like? Once in the profile it will have all the required links to the statements of course.
This looks good imo

That looks good. But shouldn't the MA part be alongside Tatsumaki stuff since it can be both for 7-B (Rover, Black Sperm, VFU, etc.) and High 6-A (Orochi)?

For another note, we might use 6-C instead of 7-B since it is consistent with the current profiles. Psykos and Gouketsu got a 6-C upgrade, GS and HE were already High 7-A and PS is low 6-B. Tatsumaki has performed an 6-C feat while almost being dead. But this isn't something I feel like arguing for, so if you guys disagree, that's fine by me.

Orochi wasn't even fighting when this statement was made, they were referring that something similar to the S-Class Heroes fighting the Cadres has happened before, but with Saitama facing those threats instead.

And the Cadres' power are all over the place, with most of them being City level.

He wasn't fighting but he is still a part of MA. "A threat of this scale" can both refer to cadres or MA as a whole. As I said, there is vagueness.

The context and the whole chapter is talking about the Cadres beating the S-Class Heroes and the Hero Association facing a threat like this for the first time.

It's not really implied a Saitama in training has fought someone at the level of Orochi or Gouketsu, which by this point is dead.

Last edited:
Sigh... Okay. He already scales much higher than Orochi anyway because of Tatsumaki so there is no point of arguing. I will do it in versus threads.

Last edited:
Back