• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

In-Betweener Profile Overhaul (Marvel Abstracts)

Da3ggman

He/Him
Old stinky:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_In-Betweener?so=search#Universal_In-Betweener_(M-Body)

New shiny:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Da3ggman/In-Betweener#Normal

Seems pretty self exemplary, just updated The In-Betweener's profile to be...actually good and stuff.

What's changed:
  • Added more renders to his appearances, including his modern, old, and redesign in the current run of G.O.D.S.
  • Added a new key for when he Acquired the Soul Gem (Infinity Stone), which he had for a sufficient amount of time (July 1988 - September 1990), as well as all of its adjacent abilities.
  • Added a few new abilities and added justifications for ones that lacked them, listed below:
New Justifications:
New Abilities:

Anyway yeah, that's all.

Agree: @Excellence616, @Suigetsuhyugs, @Antvasima, @Eseseso, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:

Last edited:
This seems more like NPI than actually Power null since he is not stopping vision from going intangible but damaging him despite being intangible.

Don't think there is any point in adding this since there is already a thread to add magic to this profile and it's marvel magic so it's much more powerful than normal magic.

This seems more like NPI than actually Power null since he is not stopping vision from going intangible but damaging him despite being intangible.
Fair; I was actually switching between it being Power Null or NP. Regardless, it's a simple change.
Don't think there is any point in adding this since there is already a thread to add magic to this profile and it's marvel magic so it's much more powerful than normal magic.
It's more so just there until that thread goes through and fulfilled. Once it does, the change would just be linking to the Marvel Magic page rather than the general one, since they both have the same justification. No harm in keeping it as a placeholder, right?

Also, I agree about adding Aura along with the Light Manipulation.

Last edited:
It's more so just there until that thread goes through and fulfilled. Once it does, the change would just be linking to the Marvel Magic page rather than the general one, since they both have the same justification. No harm in keeping it as a placeholder, right?
The magic thread was already accepted it just gonna take some time to apply to all the characters, while this one doesn't have any staff support so I think it's more likely that Marvel Magic it's done before this can be applied, also it's not just a link since there are levels to Marvel's magic

In-Betweener

• High-Level Sorcerer (Gave a group of sorcerers, including the already skilled magician Stygyro, a large amplification to their magic power, allowing them to create the Wheel of Change)
  • Immunity to Magic at the Sorcerer Supreme level (Laughed off all of Doctor Strange's magic attacks, and was only defeated when Strange summoned Lord Chaos and Master Order to overpower him)
Right now that's what it's gonna be added to his profile.

The magic thread was already accepted it just gonna take some time to apply to all the characters, while this one doesn't have any staff support so I think it's more likely that Marvel Magic it's done before this can be applied, also it's not just a link since there are levels to Marvel's magic

Right now that's what it's gonna be added to his profile.
All fair points, honestly; I've removed it from my blog.

Is there anything else you have a contention with?

Looks fine, and for Magic you can put him down as a High Tier Sorcerer, like I did here.

You can also give him resistance to Sorcerer Supreme level Sorcery, as Strange's hax did absolutely nothing to him and he needed to use Chaos and Order to overpower him through raw strength (plus the fact that they created him).
It is done. Oh yeah, I forgot to bring this up in the main thread, but would The-Inbetweener get to Sorcerer Supreme level magic through being easily able to take control of Doctor Strange's spell, and turn it into something else to counter it?

(Also congrats on getting it accepted!)
This seems fine to me at least. 🙏
Counted, as well as all the other votes so far.

Is it possible that the In-Betweener's NEP (both Nature 2 and 3) could be expanded to include aspects 4 and 5?

The statements for NEP seem to cover a wide enough basis to include all aspects.

Is it possible that the In-Betweener's NEP (both Nature 2 and 3) could be expanded to include aspects 4 and 5?

The statements for NEP seem to cover a wide enough basis to include all aspects.
He definitely should have aspect 4, but I'm not sure what statements could qualify one as such. As in like, what words would one use in order to describe something like information? One thing that may qualify is him being beyond logic, perhaps.

Aspect 5 is actually pretty easy, since he divides the concepts of Past and Future; and because of the concepts he divides touch him, he shouldn't have either.

He definitely should have aspect 4, but I'm not sure what statements could qualify one as such. As in like, what words would one use in order to describe something like information? One thing that may qualify is him being beyond logic, perhaps.

Aspect 5 is actually pretty easy, since he divides the concepts of Past and Future; and because of the concepts he divides touch him, he shouldn't have either.
I've seen for other profiles that sometimes general statements can give all aspects unless context proves otherwise.

Should we include the recent redesign for the In-Betweener, or wait to see if it sticks for a prolonged period of time first? He has been redesigned previously, and that did not stick, and we would have to use the "GODS" redesigns for the other cosmic entities as well.

I've seen for other profiles that sometimes general statements can give all aspects unless context proves otherwise.
In that case, he absolutely should have all of them, since literally every time he explains his existence, it's always every single thing.
Should we include the recent redesign for the In-Betweener, or wait to see if it sticks for a prolonged period of time first? He has been redesigned previously, and that did not stick, and we would have to use the "GODS" redesigns for the other cosmic entities as well.
Tbh I mostly just included it for completion sake, but I can take it out if you think it best (I plan on revising all the abstracts in a similar way to this, so you wouldn't have to worry about them not including their redesigns).

You should probably make sure staff agree with NEP additions in the new profile, though.
I've added it to the blog and the CRT, and I agree that that is probably the best course of action.

Sorry to call on you once again Ant, but do you think about this?

Bump, unless this can now be applied? Idk, this my first real Marvel revision, so I wanna make sure I don't break any rules around it.

Back