• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That's like what? Less than a meter around them? And beyond that they can't see anyone. Impostor has a laser beam that reaches several meters so it doesn't have to get that close, even it's maximum kill range in-game is higher than that.
More like bright in a one-Among-Us-guy range and still visible at 6 Among-Us guys range. The area outside my window under a 73% waxing gibbous is darker than that, and this photo is from me deliberately trying to keep my camera from activating "Night Mode":
aoFMIiw.jpeg

Keep in mind, this is 73% illumination (a full moon is 100% illumination). The moonlight from a full moon would only be slightly brighter than this and Pico shot a cigarette under that level of darkness.

Won’t the laser light up the room anyway? Is it even light speed because I don’t see that value on the page. Imposter’s Supersonic scaling only gets him to a bit under 2.5x Pico’s reactions, so depending on distance Pico can dodge the laser and pop him in the face.
It doesn't do so in the game and having higher reactions doesn't matter if you can't see the attack. Even if he can somehow dodge an attack from behind, he won't be able to return fire immediately.
More like bright in a one-Among-Us-guy range and still visible at 6 Among-Us guys range.
No.

You can even argue that a Crewmate's ability to see in the dark is actually them hearing the sounds of things moving around hence why they can "see" others approaching from all angles.
The area outside my window under a 73% waxing gibbous is darker than that, and this photo is from me deliberately trying to keep my camera from activating "Night Mode":
aoFMIiw.jpeg

Keep in mind, this is 73% illumination (a full moon is 100% illumination). The moonlight from a full moon would only be slightly brighter than this and Pico shot a cigarette under that level of darkness.

Is this what you're talking about? It's nowhere near as dark as it would be in real life and the other Pico is also standing less than a meter away or are you saying that Pico should have enhanced senses? Because that's not on the profile right now.

It doesn't do so in the game and having higher reactions doesn't matter if you can't see the attack. Even if he can somehow dodge an attack from behind, he won't be able to return fire immediately.

No.

You can even argue that a Crewmate's ability to see in the dark is actually them hearing the sounds of things moving around hence why they can "see" others approaching from all angles.

Is this what you're talking about? It's nowhere near as dark as it would be in real life and the other Pico is also standing less than a meter away or are you saying that Pico should have enhanced senses? Because that's not on the profile right now.

Do the death cutscenes ever show how it works in darkness? They’re just red screens with the kill happening. Lasers are still light, I’m pretty sure you can’t just not have it be seen. And the Imposter only has Average Human travel speed so turning around and shooting him would be feasible. Plus UZI’s can rapid fire.

That sounds like a stretch.

The background is almost pitch black, I’m pretty sure the lighting is just so the player can see what’s happening unless the speaker is giving off that light. And Pico is successfully hitting an extremely small target, even at the distance it’s definitely impressive when the bullet is much bigger. Imposter has no way to dodge if he’s in Pico’s sights.

Do the death cutscenes ever show how it works in darkness? They’re just red screens with the kill happening. Lasers are still light, I’m pretty sure you can’t just not have it be seen. And the Imposter only has Average Human travel speed so turning around and shooting him would be feasible. Plus UZI’s can rapid fire.
Nope. All the death animations only appear for the victim. Others just see Impostor moving really fast, the victim's head vanishing, and they also hear a slash sound. The same applies with the gun kill. Despite how loud a gun is, cremates and other impostors can't hear it no matter how close they are to the scene.
This is how reactions work. Pico can only perform a single swift motion in a moment aka dodging. To shoot right after dodging, he needs combat speed which will allow him to perform multiple motions in that moment. Impostor's laser is also wide and hot enough to vaporize his bullets.
That sounds like a stretch.
Explain how they're able to see things behind them then.

Nope. All the death animations only appear for the victim. Others just see Impostor moving really fast, the victim's head vanishing, and they also hear a slash sound. The same applies with the gun kill. Despite how loud a gun is, cremates and other impostors can't hear it no matter how close they are to the scene.
This is how reactions work. Pico can only perform a single swift motion in a moment aka dodging. To shoot right after dodging, he needs combat speed which will allow him to perform multiple motions in that moment. Impostor's laser is also wide and hot enough to vaporize his bullets.

Explain how they're able to see things behind them then.
That just sounds like game mechanics to make sure nobody knows what’s happening and to save time making animations happen in the map. The screens clearly show what’s happening, so we know things go down that way. So I think once the laser is fired, Pico will be able to see the room illuminating plus hear the sound of the laser behind him and avoid it.

The Imposter would have to immediately recognize they missed and get away in the few seconds before Pico fires at them. That seems too unlikely. If Pico dodges, he’ll look at where the laser was fired from and likely make out the Imposter or just start spraying.

Either their eyes can adjust to the darkness (it doesn’t look that dark) or those lights around them are equipment they have which isn’t too unreasonable given they’re on a space mission and emergency lights are essential.

Back