• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Impostor (Among Us) vs Dart Monkey (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impostor (Among Us) vs Dart Monkey
Speed is equal.
Both are at 9-C.
Both are 10 meters apart.

Impostor: 0
Dart Monkey: 7
Incon: 0
latest

jqhD2whoyi6hCmgifQcp7T.jpg

Last edited:
Hasnt Dart Monkey been mostly stationary?
Followed by Stealth Mastery to hide from him, Impostor can sneak up to deliver the kill. Also, where does this take place?

The monkey is left to defend his tribe from a new threat, a strange alien parasite trying to kill him and take his form to kill the rest of his tribe! What ever will transpire?

Hasnt Dart Monkey been mostly stationary?
Followed by Stealth Mastery to hide from him, Impostor can sneak up to deliver the kill. Also, where does this take place?
That's right Dart Monkey is mostly stationary but it is mentioned in his profile that he has superhuman speed for being a monkey and also both have equal speed so...

Even if he was stationary, Base Dart Monkey's used to fighting hidden enemies thanks to Enhanced Eyesight.
Where in the bone-breaking range would Imposter fall? I'm guessing somewhere in the mid-high region given the angle, right? Dart Monkey is 1058.84 J so they fall on the lower end of the spectrum.

Question, would dart monkey be able to one hit imposter if dart monkey could actually hit??

Pretty sure the Imposter is stronger than the Dart Monkey, but I could be wrong. But even if the Imposter was somehow weaker, it wouldn't be by much. Certainly not enough to oneshot

Dart says "No" to stealth, since bottom path would be included in Dart Monkey's 9-C. Neither one really has experience fighting anyone that fights back, but Dart Monkey is definitely more of a fighter. I'd say Dart wins due to a range advantage against everything but the Impostor's gun (Which isn't the most common thing for the Impostor to bring out)

I mean, Impostor has that piercing tongue attack and guns, so I think he is likely able to oneshot

Also isn't the monkey being stationary just game mechanics?

The Dart Monkey has a huge range advantage (tens of kilometers vs tens of meters), and they're much more likely to use their ranged attack than the Impostor is. Also, the Impostor typically utilizes Stealth Mastery, but the Dart Monkey's Enhanced Eyesight would prevent the Impostor from successfully using their main tactic, putting them at a massive disadvantage. Voting Dart Monkey.

I actually agree with this. The Imposter tends to rely on stealth a lot and the Dart Monkey just happens to have the perfect counter to it.

Dart Monkey FRA.

We should reconsider this, they only start 10 feet apart, meaning the imposter is likely to rush the monkey, as there in new york, and the closet thing to a vent system is the sewer system so stealth isn't an option, he'd go for the kill before the monkey can "report" him.

Basically starting 10 meters apart negeates range advantage

Central Park is in New York and there's trees. You really think hiding in trees is not an option?
Have you played among us? His 'stealth' ablitys isn't ninja stuff it's pretending to be someone else and crawling through vents unnoticed, in new york, especially here those things don't apply, so again I feel the imposter would close the distance and go for a kill.

We should reconsider this, they only start 10 feet apart, meaning the imposter is likely to rush the monkey, as there in new york, and the closet thing to a vent system is the sewer system so stealth isn't an option, he'd go for the kill before the monkey can "report" him.
That's kind of the point. Stealth isn't an option for the Impostor, meaning they are forced to fight using a tactic they are inexperienced with, whereas the Dart Monkey is fighting out in the open, just as they always have. Also, as I said, the Dart Monkey is much more likely to use their ranged attacks than the Impostor, who always gets up close to kill their victims.

But they are within 10 feet of eachother, if the dart mokey starts throwing darts to kill the imposter before he can close the 10 feet, and even if we decided the dart monkey could kill him before he can close that 10 feet, if the first dart didn't kill him and the imposter was under threat of dieing wouldn't he pull out the gun and start shooting?

I believe them starting with in 10 feet of each mutes the range augments, and that the aguments the inposter is fighting out if his comfort zone would be muted by the fact the dart monkey isn't used to fighting in close quarters combat either, the imposter has at least killed people in that range before so I believe he would have the advantage if he can close the 10 meter gap.

The Dart Monkey can prevent that from happening by throwing darts as a distraction and jumping further away from the Impostor.

It's silly to say the dart monkey could Repetitively use this strategy, and that the imposter wouldn't just pull out the gun

the fact that they start 10 feet apart makes me vote impostor. If there were more distance between them at the start, I'd vote dart

He'd probably realize after the first round of darts and the monkey moving away from him without any sign of turning around, I really doubt it would take long at all
If the Dart Monkey has any level of intelligence whatsoever, they will likely jump backwards rather than turning their back to the enemy.

If the Dart Monkey has any level of intelligence whatsoever, they will likely jump backwards rather than turning their back to the enemy.
I imagine "jumping backwords" repetivly would lower his normal speed far more so then just throwing the darts would, besides that dosen't change the point? It won't take long at all for the imposter to recognize the monkey has no intention of "not going backwards anymore" and simply shoot it.

The Impostor would not be able to shoot the Dart Monkey. As soon as it sees the Impostor taking out their gun, the Dart Monkey will try to avoid getting shot. The Impostor doesn't have any experience shooting at moving targets, presumably has a limited amount of ammo, and would likely have to deal with the Dart Monkey using the trees to make things even harder. The Dart Monkey on the other hand, shoots down moving targets for breakfast, has a seemingly unlimited amount of ammo, and will immediately lead with darts. Plus, the Impostor has baseline durability, meaning they probably can't too many hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back