• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important Naruto Speed Revision & Lightning Release Revision

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
This is an important discussion on the status of how we treat Lightning Release jutsu in Naruto and their implications on the speed ratings.

Mitsuki's Snake Lightning
In Episode 36 of Boruto, Mitsuki uses a jutsu called Lightning Release: Snake Lightning to create a snake-shaped attack that is sent flying towards Shino who dodges it pretty easily.

This dodging has been calced at Mach 6,800 by assuming that the Snake Lightning was travelling at average cloud-to-ground lightning speeds. However in the video the Snake Lightning jutsu appears to be travelling rather slowly.

The argument for this to just be flawed cinematic time is to assume that the event occurs quickly in the first place by assuming that the Snake Lightning had to travel at average lightning speeds.

This is flawed as we don't have a canon speed for the Lightning Release: Snake Lightning jutsu, or a stated timeframe for the event depicted on-screen.

The only properties this particular jutsu has in common with actual lightning is that it conducts through water to an extent.

Aside from that the jutsu takes the shape of a giant snake and travels on-screen significantly slower than an actual lightning bolt.

For anyone curious as to what an actual lightning bolt looks like in the Naruto anime, this video shows quite clearly that cloud-to-ground lightning moves significantly faster than the Snake Lightning jutsu is depicted as.

For anyone who thinks this is purely a slowed down timeframe, there is an example of that actually happening where the fight slows down to show Sarada's perception and dodging of a thrown shurike. Or when the action goes into slow motion for Minato vs. Obito.

Visually speaking there is nothing in the animation itself suggesting the scene with Shino is just flawed cinematic time.

If anyone wants to bring up other Lightning Release jutsu, bear in mind that we don't treat all elemental jutsu as being the same speed as each other. Just because one character creates a Fire Release jutsu of a certain speed, for example, doesn't mean another character's Fire Release-based jutsu is just as fast.

I also want to note for anyone who believes we should never use anime timeframes that we currently use the anime timeframes for Toneri's Golden Wheel Reincarnation Explosion speed, and for his feat of splitting the Moon apart, along with the meteor feat.

Kiri
Another important aspect of this is a jutsu that appears distinctly to travel at natural lightning speeds.

When Sasuke prepares his Kirin jutsu by creating a natural thundercloud through his own fireballs and Itachi's Amateraus; he states that his jutsu is unavoidable, it cannot be blocked and it only lasts for an instant.

Part of this is straightforward; since Sasuke is not depending on his own chakra but the ambient energy in the thundercloud the jutsu is far more powerful than what Sasuke is capable of himself. He states himself he is merely directing it towards Itachi.

In other words Sasuke's chakra nature has nothing to do with the power or speed of the jutsu. It is as fast as it is because he is taking advantage of the speed inherent to cloud-to-ground lightning.

Once Black Zetsu realizes what Sasuke is doing, he deduces the reason for why it is 'unavoidable'. Because it relies on natural lightning speed.

Sasuke at this time has shown off numerous Lightning Style jutsu; firing them as needles, as an extendable sword or emitting it from his entire body.

Yet he specifically believes that Kirin is a jutsu that is unavoidable, even to Itachi's speed.

The only logical conclusion is that the speed of cloud-to-ground lightning is far faster than any normal jutsu created through chakra nature.

Some people try to get around this by arguing that Kirin (composed of natural cloud-to-ground lightning) can just be faster than our average standard of cloud-to-ground lightning by using Black Zetsu's statement of lightning travelling in 1/1000 of a second; but applying two different standards for lightning jutsu in Naruto is contradictory.

If natural lightning in Naruto is always far faster than our average standard, and if people believe that all Lightning Release jutsu travels just as fast as natural lightning, then trying to calculate Lightning Release feats by assuming them to be as fast as our own standard of lightning is wrong.

Sage Art: Yin Release Lightning Dispatch
During the final fight between Madara against Naruto and Sasuke, Madara uses his new natural energy powers and combines it with Yin Release to create what appears to be myriad lightning bolts.

The Fourth Naruto Databook says this:

þäíÒüïÒéëÕ¢óÒéÆõ¢£ÒéèÕç║ÒüÖÚÖ░ÚüüÒü«Þíô Òü«õ©ÇÒüñÒÇéµëïÒü«Õ╣│ÒüïÒéëþäíµò░Òü½µ×Ø ÕêåÒüïÒéîÒüÖÒéïþ¿▓Õª╗ÒéƵö¥ÒüíÒÇüÕ╝ÁÒéè ÕÀíÒéëÒüøÒüƒÚøÀÒüºµòÁÒéƵìòþ©øÒüÖÒéïÒÇé Õà¡Úüôõ╗Öõ║║ÕîûÒüùÒüƒÒâ×ÒâÇÒâ®Òüîõ¢┐þö¿ÒÇé

Which translates to:

One of the Yin Release techniques, that create form out of nothingness. From the hands' palms, myriads of lightning bolt branches are released, capturing the enemy with the layed out lightning. Used by Madara after after transforming into the Sage of Six Paths.

Unlike the majority of actual Lightning Release jutsu, this technique actually resembles lightning bolts, is created through natural energy, and has nothing to do with transforming the user's chakra into "Lightning".

If every Lightning Release jutsu is as fast as natural lightning, why is Madara specifically creating the lightning bolts through Yin Release?

On top of that, Naruto has enough time seemingly to just move his arm and throw one of his Truth-Seeking Orbs at the lightning in order to divert it, and Madara is surprised at the possibility that Sasuke could have moved out of the way. In fact Sasuke actually teleported instinctively out of the way of the lightning, making it unlikely that he could have easily dodged it.

In case there are doubts as to why natural energy would create something that resembles natural lightning, the Juubi also created storms with lightning raining down from the sky when it unleashed a Cataclysm. The Juubi's power is based on natural energy.

TL;DR

• Natural cloud-to-ground lightning is shown to be much faster than certain Lightning Release jutsu such as Mitsuki's Snake Lightning.
  • There is no visual indication of the animation being deliberately slow when Shino dodges the Snake Lightning.
  • Anime timeframes are currently being used to support significant calcs in the verse, but are being ignored when it comes to certain Lightning Release jutsu.
  • If every Lightning Release jutsu was as fast as cloud-to-ground lightning, then Sasuke's and Black Zetsu's statements would make no sense.
  • Madara distinctly creates what appears to be natural lightning bolts but without using Lightning Release.

We literally already went through every. single. point of yours in different threads each. You have brought 0 new info. And just compiled all your already deubunked arguments into one thread.

Here we go again lol because I'm pretty sure your points about Kirin were debunked more than once literally

Madara feat is brought up why???

Snake lightning has shown to travel very fast before so iirl it actually is jsut cinematic timing because that's the only scene that it "looks" like it traveled slow. Manga and other anime scenes have it traveling fast

@Rocker

That's not a rebuttal, that's an unfounded assertion and really doesn't even begin to be on-topic.

Further, you and several others simply claim 'DEBUNKED!!' as if it's a political rallying cry in response to almost every Damage thread wherein he's analyzing Naruto, so I would insist upon seeing your actual proof of such a claim before even beginning to entertain the notion it is remotely accurate or truthful.

Also, there are legit calcs that put Kirin from Mach 5880 to Sub-Rel. Using If every Lightning Release jutsu was as fast as cloud-to-ground lightning, then Sasuke's and Black Zetsu's statements would make no sense. as an argument doesn't even make sense when you consider that cloud to ground lightning has a range of speed, a very large one at that. I have a lot to say about this supposed "issue" with lightning style moving at average cloud to ground speeds. Give me a moment.

We showed damage the proof on the last thread so let me go link that

Kirin was stated faster than any other lightning jutsu which includes Kakuzus lightning style jutsu which which Kep calced.

@Jvando; the calcs for Kirin are flawed. Black Zetsu is not providing a timeframe specifically for Kirin reaching the ground from that height; all he provides is a timeframe for lightning in general.

AstralKing7 said:
Kirin was stated faster than any other lightning jutsu which includes Kakuzus lightning style jutsu which which Kep calced.
Yes, that is specifically my point. Kirin travels at natural cloud-to-ground lightning speeds, and is faster than every other Lightning Jutsu.

And Kep did not calc the speed of Kakuzu's Lightning Release jutsu. He calced the speed of Kakashi based on the assumption that Kakuzu's Lightning Release travels as fast as lightning.

Which is why we use usually use average height especially when a timeframe is given without the height

Damage3245 said:
@Jvando; the calcs for Kirin are flawed. Black Zetsu is not providing a timeframe specifically for Kirin reaching the ground from that height; all he provides is a timeframe for lightning in general.

...just because u say their flaws does not make it true man. You can't push your head canon over on others

You contradict yourself all over this.

You tlk about Madara's lightning and how Naruto easily moves his hand to throw a TSB rod and then state that Sasuke cant easily dodge it, despite sasuke being comparable to Naruto in speed.

You talk about cinematic timeing and how that is not the case for Mitsuki yet contradict that when we know that Madara lightning was made to look like it comes out slowly in the anime too. Toneri's golden wheel of reincarnation uses the timing in the anime ebecuase it is not a lightning element so we have to do with calcing it. If they want to show us someone dodging lightning in the anime of course they would slow it down.

Anime characters spouting absolutes that instantly get thrown into the trash is par for course it happens literally every time in anime/manga. "No way he can do this! Its impossible" person does it. Kirin is also a 1 strike lightning bolt that uses up and entire stor cloud for 1 attack it being much faster than normal techniques is not unexpected.

Raiton in general has followed like 4 out of all the lightning criteria as such it should count as lightning speed as we do for every verse on the site. It does not matter that they are different techiniques as long as they act like lightning they would have the same properties.

Fire Release jutsu of a certain speed, for example, doesn't mean another character's Fire Release-based jutsu is just as fast.

fire does not have a general speed, so this is a bad argument.

Xulrev said:
@Rocker
That's not a rebuttal, that's an unfounded assertion and really doesn't even begin to be on-topic.

Further, you and several others simply claim 'DEBUNKED!!' as if it's a political rallying cry in response to almost every Damage thread wherein he's analyzing Naruto, so I would insist upon seeing your actual proof of such a claim before even beginning to entertain the notion it is remotely accurate or truthful.
Its the truth though we have had severalthreads where he has brought up these things seperately and we ended up getting them past despite his arguments which are all the same as here.

"political rallying cry" get outta here dude.

Why is this brought up again? we have been through this NUMEROUS times! this needs to be closed and focus on OTHER threads that needs to be dealt with (aka calc thread)

> You tlk about Madara's lightning and how Naruto easily moves his hand to throw a TSB rod and then state that Sasuke cant easily dodge it, despite sasuke being comparable to Naruto in speed.

Naruto moving his hand =/= Naruto dodging it.

> Anime characters spouting absolutes that instantly get thrown into the trash is par for course it happens literally every time in anime/manga. "No way he can do this! Its impossible" person does it. Kirin is also a 1 strike lightning bolt that uses up and entire stor cloud for 1 attack it being much faster than normal techniques is not unexpected.

This is pure 'head canon' as much as I hate the term. Kirin using up all of the lightning in the cloud is not stated to make it go faster than lightning normally.

> fire does not have a general speed, so this is a bad argument.

Lightning Release does not have a general speed either. If we go with the current interpretation, even the most basic Lightning Release jutsu would automatically travel as fast as cloud-to-ground lightning no matter who cast it.

Naruto has feats above Mach 600 lmao Damage why are u acting like he couldn't dodge the light dispatch jutsu??

Like really?

Rocker1189 said:
Same old same old, at the end of the day raiton has shown 4 lightning criteria that is all that matters.
Mitsuki's Snake Lightning jutsu has displayed only one to my knowledge, as I pointed out in the OP.

Boruto's Vanishing Rasengan is a lightning release jutsu too. When he's throwing it do you think it is travelling at Mach 1294?

Oh and something else about Kirin, its not just the speed that makes it hard to evade but its sheer size too. trying to dodge across the entire top of the mountain that it covered with only short distance MHS+ speed is impossible.

What I'm pretty sure lightning has an accepted average speed on this site which we use

Also there is a reason we see if Raiton release meets the requirements which it has

Again this needs to be closed. @Damage FOR GOODNESS SAKE focus on the other threads plz, we went over this numerous of times now and we need to be focusing on the more IMPORTANT ones

Damage3245 said:
Naruto moving his hand =/= Naruto dodging it.

This is pure 'head canon' as much as I hate the term. Kirin using up all of the lightning in the cloud is not stated to make it go faster than lightning normally.

Lightning Release does not have a general speed either. If we go with the current interpretation, even the most basic Lightning Release jutsu would automatically travel as fast as cloud-to-ground lightning no matter who cast it.
Naruto's hand movement is going to be the same as his damn speed... seriously.

It logically would though. It is literally the most powerful lightning bolt ever and for lightning its speed and power are pretty hand in hand.

well yeah the most basic lightng release jutsu tend to be essentially lightning bolts. So yes they would. Unless it is a lightning ball or a super not lightning bolt looking thing.

Rocker1189 said:
Oh and something else about Kirin, its not just the speed that makes it hard to evade but its sheer size too. trying to dodge across the entire top of the mountain that it covered with only short distance MHS+ speed is impossible.
Sorry but that is not what the manga tells us.

In Black Zetsu's own words, the reason why the Kirin cannot be evaded is down to the speed of natural lightning.

Damage3245 said:
Sorry but that is not what the manga tells us.

In Black Zetsu's own words, the reason why the Kirin cannot be evaded is purely down to the speed of natural lightning.
I am saying that it is another reason why Kirin in particular can not be evaded. Not that it matters various calcs put it at massive speeds based on the cloud height.

I have no clue how everyone arguing in favor of Raiton fails to grasp Association Fallacy.

The argument is, essentially, that since out of EVERY Raiton that exists, a grand total of 4 criterion for being lightning are met in various Raiton and various ways at various times,ALL Raiton must be exhibiting these criterion and thus are lightning.

This is blatantly and hilariously flawed.

To accept Snake Lightning as lightning-speed you must showcase how it exhibits 4 of these criterion; you cannot, though, since it does not. Thus an assertion of its being lightning-speed is flawed and not admissable as argumentation.

Ironically enough it's only the counter-argumentation that is debunked by simple logic.

Xulrev said:
I have no clue how everyone arguing in favor of Raiton fails to grasp Association Fallacy.
The argument is, essentially, that since out of EVERY Raiton that exists, a grand total of 4 criterion for being lightning are met in various Raiton and various ways at various times,ALL Raiton must be exhibiting these criterion and thus are lightning.

This is blatantly and hilariously flawed.

To accept Snake Lightning as lightning-speed you must showcase how it exhibits 4 of these criterion; you cannot, though, since it does not. Thus an assertion of its being lightning-speed is flawed and not admissable as argumentation.

Ironically enough it's only the counter-argumentation that is debunked by simple logic.
because literally any lightning jutsu displays at least 1 of the criteria including mitsuki's and on top of that raiton in general has specific traits that allows it to work or fail against other elements regardless of jutsu this tells me that they should all meet the same criteria.

Simple logic as you say.

Raiton is light release so your using the term wrong. A jutsu from Raiton can only differ from the shape and form it takes. Raiton down to its basic and principles is the same for every lightning release jutsu literally man

damage really have 0 respect for CMG crt

it didn't even last 10 days he create same thing again

AstralKing7 said:
Raiton is light release so your using the term wrong. A jutsu from Raiton can only differ from the shape and form it takes. Raiton down to its basic and principles is the same for every lightning release jutsu literally ma
Sorry to correct you but Raito = ÚøÀÚüü = Lightning Release.

I will list some features shown by Raiton, to help in understanding (Thanks to @MostPowerfull for finding these scans)

Large amount of Text

Raiton Properties

Raiton has been shown several times to be able to paralyze, numb and contract the muscles / body of the target:

https://i8.**********.com/naruto/308/naruto-1568426.jpg https://i2.**********.com/naruto/308/naruto-1568428.jpg https://i10.**********.com/naruto/308/naruto-1568438.jpg https://i4.**********.com/naruto/412/naruto-8328.jpg https://www.***********.net/naruto/463/8

Raiton proved to be conductive to water, metal and other:
https://i2.**********.com/naruto/308/naruto-1568430.jpg https://i7.**********.com/naruto/473/naruto-1008948.jpg https://i1.**********.com/naruto/461/naruto-712059.jpg https://i1.**********.com/naruto/411/naruto-8319.jpg https://i4.**********.com/naruto/526/naruto-1925307.jpg

It has showed electrolysis, as Sarada said against the Kiba user:
https://youtu.be/dF0wFyuumBI?t=272

It is said that the natural weakness of the Raiton are insulators of electricity, such as rubber and wind (This is a bonus and not part of the criteria)
https://www.quora.com/Is-air-an-electrical- insulator https://www.***********.net/naruto/333/15 https://i10.**********.com/naruto/554/naruto-2620365.jpg https://i2.**********.com/naruto/554/naruto-2620367.jpg https://i7.**********.com/naruto/555/naruto-2633535.jpg https://i7.**********.com/naruto/555/naruto-2633537.jpg

Powerful enough to kill several White Zetsus, who are powerful as fooder ninjas (Building to City Block Level):
https://i4.**********.com/naruto/526/naruto-1925307.jpg https://i10.**********.com/naruto/526/naruto-1925309.jpg

Sasuke is able to manipulate real eletricity with a Chidori, controlling it to reach a specific target
https://i1.**********.com/naruto/391/naruto-7890.jpg https://i1.**********.com/naruto/391/naruto-7891.jpg As seen, Raiton follows 4 out of 7 criteria, and still has two that are not part of the criterion, but is favorable to its truthfulness as true."

Additional points I want to make:

There is a point about Zetsu's comment about Kirin's speed that I want to get out of the way. He doesn't really give much information to be used, but he does say 1/1000 of a second which is in relation to Lightning Striking the ground from the clouds to the ground. That's the most reasonable and less assumption based explanation. Also, lightning has a range of speeds and the Kirin has already been calculated (and accepted) to be above the average speed of lightning. One could just say that a Raiton user's Lightning is usually around average lightning speed which is why it wasn't too notable until Kirin came along and Zetsu had to point it out.

Trying to claim "Saying that Raiton used by two different people is the same is like saying sage arts used by two different people are the same" doesn't make sense. For one thing, "Sage Arts" is an umbrella term for techniques using natural energy. It's not a specific technique in general. Just another form of energy. You would have to assume that all Sage Arts are exactly the same which would be like saying "Raiton and Suiton are the same because they both use chakra." That doesn't work.

Trying to use the analogy "Well, if lightning release between two people is exactly the same, then I can likewise say that Light fang and Laser Circus are the same because they are both Storm release" also doesn't make sense within the context of the story. Light fang specifically uses a different form of energy than Laser Circus: Natural Energy vs. Plain Chakra. They aren't comparable techniques because they use different types of energy.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the chakra between two individuals using Lightning release is so drastic that one individual using it couldn't scale to the other. In fact, the opposite have been shown. Numerous different individuals have used and shown that Raiton has the properties and strength of lightning that are accepted by this wiki. Even if you want to say that the metal conduction isn't due to Raiton but chakra itself, the vast other properties it shows throughout the series still lends credence to the fact that Raiton between users isn't different (unless clearly shown like Darui's black lighting or someone creating lightning ball; those are separate cases) and should scale to each other.

Every Raiton Jutsu is formed from the same basis of energy: Chakra. You would have to prove that everyone's chakra (that uses Raiton since that's what is being discussed) is different enough that it would even warrant the thought that they aren't comparable...there is a lot of evidence indicating that Raiton's general properties of lighting (which this Wiki accepts) is the same across all users. (Except, for again, obvious cases that they are different light black lightning and whatnot.) therefore, it fits the criteria for lightning speed

The biggest argument seems to be that because Zetsu made such a big deal about Sasuke's Kirin being so fast and because it is cloud to ground lightning, it has to be average lightning speed making all other Raiton less than that by comparison.

No.

He gives us a timeframe, 1/1000 of a second.

We can either use average cloud height (2000 meters) or scale the hideout to the cloud height (which gives us a range of like 1200 meters up to much higher) because that was what Zetsu was referencing. The cloud height to the ground. There is nothing else he could have been referencing.

Either way, we get a speed of Kirin that is much greater than Avergae cloud to ground lightning, (Mach 4K, Mach 5.8k, Sub-Rel) but still fits within the range of cloud to ground lighting accepted by the wiki. This also makes sense since Kirin legit uses up all the power of the storm clouds in one powerful destructive attacks.

Since this is the case, and Kirin moves at a speed much greater than average cloud to ground lightning, there is absolutely nothing disqualifying Lightning Style from traveling at average lightning speeds since it would still fit in with the narrative that Kirin is much superior and it moves slower.

The point about Madara is weird. It's a technique that looks like lightning bolts but doesn't show any properties of lightning since it is Yin Release. As for why he used Yin Release instead of Lighting release, why would anyone know? Maybe Yin Release is stronger? Lol.

The point about the other Jutsu is weird too. Yeah, a stronger shinobi can make their Jutsu stronger and faster, but why does that have anything to do with them having a base lightning speed reactions? How does this disprove anything?

In conclusion:
- Raiton is shown to have 4 out of the 7 acceptable criteria in this wiki - It had enough power to back up its claim seeing as it can damage individuals with 7-C Durability

Individual Raiton showcase these abilities, sure Jvando.

There's nothing proving they're all the same though, and Raiton are demonstrably different as seen by the mere existence of Kirin manipulating natural lightning, the 'Chakra' argument is innately flawed.

A wall of text that is wrong is impressive, but still ultimately wrong, since that entire wall is, itself, utilizing Association Fallacy to state 'other Raiton exhibit these traits so they all must'.

I will simply repeat my request for proof that engages the actual subject of Snake Lightning meeting all criterion, and request that Association Fallacy cease being utilized. Burden of Proof is upon you still to make a point, and it has not been met.

How, specifically, is Snake Lightning lightning-speed and meeting the criterion required by the wiki

Xulrev said:
Individual Raiton showcase these abilities, sure Jvando.
There's nothing proving they're all the same though, and Raiton are demonstrably different as seen by the mere existence of Kirin manipulating natural lightning, the 'Chakra' argument is innately flawed.

A wall of text that is wrong is impressive, but still ultimately wrong, since that entire wall is, itself, utilizing Association Fallacy to state 'other Raiton exhibit these traits so they all must'.

I will simply repeat my request for proof that engages the actual subject of Snake Lightning meeting all criterion, and request that Association Fallacy cease being utilized. Burden of Proof is upon you still to make a point, and it has not been met.

How, specifically, is Snake Lightning lightning-speed and meeting the criterion required by the wiki
It is not an association fallacy as again all raiton display the same properties regardless of shape size and ability of the user. The only difference is power and the shape might slow it down if it is a lightning ball or something. All raiton work the same way against the same elements and thus it stands to reason that they are capable of displying the same criteria.

>The only difference is power and the shape might slow it down if it is a lightning ball or something

Ah yes, because being a snake made out of lightning is so natural, yes good point there.

The rest is re-asserting Association Fallacy by its very definition.

I re-request proof of how Snake Lightning meets the criterion for lightning

Xulrev said:
>The only difference is power and the shape might slow it down if it is a lightning ball or something
Ah yes, because being a snake made out of lightning is so natural, yes good point there.

The rest is re-asserting Association Fallacy by its very definition.

I re-request proof of how Snake Lightning meets the criterion for lightning
It may have a snake head but the rest of the body is a full lightning bolt.

The proof is in how Raiton works, by literally converting your chakra into an electric discharge, thus should display all properties of lightning (or at least all the ones raiton has displayed).

The properties of raiton can not be changed only its shape and power.

So Raiton is electricity, I don't think anyone denies that.

I am asking for proof it is natural-lightning-speed, which the wiki clearly states must meet a few criterion to be named as natural lightning.

The property of Raiton is to be electricity, not lightning.

In what ways is Snake Lightning adhering to criterion for being natural lightning per wiki standards

Xulrev said:
So Raiton is electricity, I don't think anyone denies that.

I am asking for proof it is natural-lightning-speed, which the wiki clearly states must meet a few criterion to be named as natural lightning.

The property of Raiton is to be electricity, not lightning.

In what ways is Snake Lightning adhering to criterion for being natural lightning per wiki standards
The moment electricity moves through the air it becomes lightning. It adheres by being a literal discharge of electricity in the air.

Let me break this down for one and hopefully the last time.

I'll start off by saying you can manipulate the shape of Jutsu, but not their nature or properties. I don't why you would assume otherwise.

Where foes Raiton come from?

Chakra.

Now, let's begin.

Every single individual has a different chakra signatures, just like every single human being has a slightly different finger print.

However, just like every human Being's DNA is made up of the same building blocks (Amino Acids) so too is chakra made up of the same fundamental building blocks (Yin and Yang) across every, single. Individual.

Amino acids make up DNA which help to make up you (A human)

Yin and Yang make up chakra which can be formed into Raiton (an element of chakra)

We might look different, but at the end of the day, we are all human. Likewise, Raiton ca be changed in shape and size, but they are derived from the same fundamental energy source and therefore have the same properties. You cannot change those base properties of Raiton, but people can choose to use some of their properties depending on the situation. It just so happens that Electrolysis is a pretty specific circumstance that wasn't shown until Boruto but the other properties are the same throughout.

ALSO, Sasuke can literally guide Kirin with his lightning release this is a fact. Lightning shows many properties of real lightning across the verse and those properties can be applied to all Raiton because they come from the same freaking source. They are formed from the same building blocks.

Rocker1189 said:
The moment electricity moves through the air it becomes lightning. It adheres by being a literal discharge of electricity in the air.
When Mitsuki forms the Snake Lightning around him, it is 'moving through the air' yet it is clearly not travelling at lightning speed.

Also the speed of Kakashi's Lightning Fang jutsu has its speed altered depending on the amount of chakra that Kakashi puts into it. The speed in not solely based on it having the properties of lightning.

@Jvando; Lightning Release jutsu always travelling at natural cloud-to-ground lightning speeds is not proven to be part of their base properties. That is what is being assumed.

Back