• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

IMPORTANT: Major Supernatural Revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not really say much about inconsistency here, as I don't know the series, but in general I agree that in long running shows outliers might happen.

Reading a bit through some of them, one objective error is that the tornado energy article you linked says a tornado is 3.*10^12 J which is multi-city block not small town.ÔÇ¿
That said I am not quite sure if this should be viewed as telekinesis being used to produce the tornados from nothing. It could be influencing existing weather phenomenons to such a build up, instead of causing it all by himself. After all it is not something necessarily summoned instantly or for any particular purpose, if I understand the case correctly. Similar thing could be questioned regarding the other weather occurence.

The Grand Canyon thing:
Well, for one thing in order to dig out something you don't need to pulverize it at all. So I don't think that it is in this context justified to believe that he needd pulverized all that rock just so that the borders look fitting million of years later.
And if no timeframe is given… well, immortal beings building something could take ages, really. I mean we humans with our short lifespans at times spend month to build houses and with his lifespan and if we take into account when the grand canoyon was created in reality he could spent very long times doing so.

For the teleportation speed feat:
If no sensing abilities are shown I would say that feat is legitimate, however it doesn't scale to combat speed of anyone.
The result is a reaction time and the terms of reaction time actually don't indicate speed necessary to blitz them or anything. Essentially scaling someone of reaction time ends up as a form of calc stacking as the reasoning is:
He performed movement over distance x in the timeframe shorter then castiel can react, which we have priorly calculated as y, so his speed is z.
For reaction speed that is less of a problem, but for reaction time it doesn't work that well.

For the god tiers I believe possibly, or likely universe level AP is alright, though the description should be written so that it is clear why not outright Universe level (writing basically "likely universe level (can destroy a universe)" does just sound strange).

But that brings up another discussion point which is their durability. You list AP and speed changes, but I suppose you actually also want to change their durability. Feats in that regard should also be given, as having lower durability is possible.

@Antvasima

I agree with you.

Supernatural, due to it's excesive quantity of writers, directors, showrunners and all, has numerous retcons and inconsistencies. Most of the time the characters display little to no feats. This is why I went through the trouble of finding all the feats that we could use to gauge the characters.

Ranking the angels and demons purely at Wall - Room level is wrong. As you can see, there are many more high showings.

Even a fodder Pagan god such as Mercury has the energy to quickly an abandoned hotel in shambles into becoming brand new. Even the Phoenix, a fodder one-off monster can turn humans to ashes with a touch.

Strong demons have showings such as blowing up a bridge (War), generating the energy to cause lightning to strike with a scream (Abaddon), having the energy to casually produce thunderstorms (Azazel), or to have a police station blow up (Lilith).

Similarly, angels have feats to put them above Room level: An angel's screams of agony caused tornados to happen all across Nebraska. This isn't Telekinesis, just sheer energy, and even if it was telekinesis it would still require a lot of energy that could be translated into AP. Uriel and Castiel were going to destroy a whole town together, and nothing about the episode implies that it was going to be individual smiting, as they needed Sam and Dean to leave the city. And Hael carved the Grand Canyon, which going by the OBD Calc, would be Town level even with a ridiculously low timeframe of one year.

I am with Alakabram as far as Archangels and God Tiers go.

Archangels are capable of easily roasting an entire planet, which for the sake of low-end, let's assume is High 6-A. Similarly, should God Castiel become unstable, he would have blown up a significant chunk of Earth. And considering he can kill Archangels with finger snaps, I say Moon or Small Planet level is logical.

And God has created the universe and then some, which is 3-B even if it took billions of years. Similarly, he created many "worlds" (in this context, universes) in the distant past, all of which Amara destroyed.

All the feats we can use to gauge the power of these characters are there.

ThePerpetual said:
^This is a good compromise, or "possibly" if that's still too liberal an interpretation of the feat for y'all to consider the more likely result. Like, for the "burning the world" bit?
High 6-A for all Archangels, and Likely 5-C to Low 5-B for God Castiel and God Metratron is good for me. "Scorching a Planet" can be seem as only Multi-Continental, but "Blowing a significant chunk of the planet" cannot.

Roasting the planet does seem more like High 6-A, yeah. I suppose that can work as our "low-end" for the Archangels.

Moon to/or Small Planet for blowing up a significant chunk of the planet is alright.

Wasn't referring to that part in particular, just remembering that this is more or less what happened with the LoZ debates a while back, where "world" was held in debated context and so a compromise was reached. I know absolutely jack about Supernatural, just trying to help

One mark I do see against the possibility of "burning the planet", personally? As in, all of it? ...well, isn't most of the interior kind of already molten? It'd be sort of hard to notably burn it with temperatures that didn't just turn the planet's surface into dust forever.

I think you are overthinking it, honestly.

Anyway, regardless. I am just waiting for Antvasima's reply, so I may edit the profiles.

Well, I suppose that this seems mostly reasonable then.

I just hope that we do not alienate Kkapoios in the process. He was a good administrator and is a good current calculation group member.

Thank you for your understanding.

I hope so too. Kka is a good Staff Member, and I hope the conclusion reached by the people here hasn't pushed him away.

I think so, yes. Although it might be good to link to your explanation blog in the main verse page, to avoid future problems due to the massive inconsistencies.

Aside from what has happen involving Kka here earlier and the things that DT and Alaka have put as well as having to make some adjustments, i think it's alright enough to do them now like what Antvasima said. Especially how many have supported for this change to happen.

Don't worry guys i don't feel alienated or anything, it's just that i strongly disagree with most (not all) of the changes, and considering the fact that i joined the wiki because Base Castiel was ranked Country level and that all this time i was the one responsible for the ratings and the profiles i took the matter a bit more personally than i should have.Sorry if i got a bit aggressive during the thread.

@Kkapoios

I can understand. I also don't agree with all the rankings for some of my favorite Verses here.

Forgive me for being rude to you at first.

No hard feelings.

Just one question, where should we put Crowley and Abaddon?We don't know if they are as powerful as Alastair but we can't just rate them so much below angels.

Not on Azazel's level but Abaddon should be one of the most powerful demons of the show and Crowley shouldn't be much behind.

And one more thing, shouldn't angels be Large Town level via powerscaling from Azazel, considering that Alastair could overpower angel Castiel he shouldn't be that much powerful from Azazel.

On a side note i just clicked on abaddons profile on the supernatural character list and it linked to abaddon the despoiler. That needs to be fixed.

Volundox said:
On a side note i just clicked on abaddons profile on the supernatural character list and it linked to abaddon the despoiler. That needs to be fixed.
Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out,

I believe so as i think Matthew has finished the appropriate changes to all of the SPN (Supernatural) profiles here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back