• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important: Linking to "Illegal" Sites

"Preferably avoid linking to manga or anime-hosting sites in the pages, as they are illegal in several countries and bring nothing but danger to the creator of said page. Instead, it's better to upload the image to the wiki itself."

"Please do not directly link pages to free online manga-reading sites. These sites are often laden with malware and can cause legal troubles for users living in countries where anti-piracy laws are strictly enforced. If you would like to link a manga scan or similar image as evidence for a feat, please download the picture and upload it as an image on this wiki or to a third-party site like Imgur so that it may be used fairly while minimizing potential ramifications."

With apologies to Kepekley, I prefer slightly longer explanations, since they more easily tend to convey the full intentions, so I personally prefer Reppuzan's version.

@Kepekley23

It might be best if we wait a while for more responses first. Maybe somebody will want us to adjust the wording.

I agree with adding this rule as well, legal trouble is always something we want to avoid. Additionally, much of the free anime sites also tend to be virus hacked from what I heard; which is another thing I really can't stand. I too think Reppuzan's version is great.

Although, what would be the stand on linking to YouTube videos? I know we generally do except linking videos to let's play videos for various game character feats.

Well, the problem is that we recurrently require some form of evidence for the statistics, and YouTube videos are hard to replace. We certainly cannot upload them here instead.

Khristis said:
From what I have heard from Japanese and Korean people (speaking from experience), they would generally read manga or anime written in their own language instead of relying on English websites.

Since you are in Tokyo right now, shouldn't you be able to find these chapters in your own language?

You probably shouldn't rely too much on an English-based website for your manga/anime related needs.
That misses the point entirely. And I don't read manga online, I buy tanks (nothing about moral superiority, I just do).

What does that have to do with links on this site? This site links to English scanlations. I wouln't mix up me trying to read manga online (which I don't even do) and Peach-chan looking a page on this wiki with an English panel and being reprimanded for it.

We've already established that the main problem is indeed malware as those sites contain viruses. The fact that a new user simply got a virus from a manga site by clicking on a link from our wiki which resulted in potential hacking is bad news.

That means this site indirectly and uninentionally resulting in someone being hacked. So, it' definitely a serious situation. If you're fine with viruses, cool, but if someone's sensitive information starts getting stolen...we have a problem.

Agreed. I haven't heard of ********, *********, etcetera, containing viruses, but if they do, it is definitely not okay to expose our visitors to them.

The problem is just that there are likely several thousand links to external manga scans in this wiki, and replacing them all by uploading them here instead would be an enormous endeavour to perform all at once.

You're right. As for youtube videos, those should be fine.

Well, let's hope that our members start to gradually replace such links in any case.

manga scanlation sites' admin themselves may not aware of the ad contents, but its highly possible for them to be "infected" with malware-infested-ads or scam-related-ads, it's pretty common I think if the sites themselves are low on supervision and containing illegal / NSFW kinds of stuff (country-dependent), different country will yield different type of ads

@Kepekley

Well it's not that ********* or ********* contain viruses (unlike a myriad of other sites). It's just that for us in Japan, we can't use those sites.

@All

*********/********* are fine (in terms of being free from malware). However, using the actual images themselves is the better alternative.

Well, we have a new rule for this at least.

Back