• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important information about our PM system

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just an information message regarding that fanfiction.net, which we use for sending PMs, no longer sends e-mail notifications for new incoming messages, likely due to the extra costs involved.

I have sent their staff two e-mail messages that very politely asked them to reinstate the service, but haven't received any replies.

As such, it is important that you use the message walls here to inform each other, including myself, when you have sent somebody a PM.

I have asked the company that is setting up our new external forum to allow hidden private messages within it, which should hopefully simplify things again in the future.

Hope this doesn't create too much of a problem for others. Personally I'm fine since I never really had to rely on e-mail notifications for this

I will note this; and there are times where I notice getting a message from strangers on FanFiction and prefer to know if someone on my wall said "I have sent you a PM". I will try to remember to let them no via message wall when I send FanFiction PMs.

Good to know. I'll have to keep an eye open on FF to make sure nobody drops anything on me.

Back