• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important! Categories in sandboxes and blog posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a massive lot, Dereck03. You have been a rock to lean on here.

@Shadowbokunohero @Crazylatin77 @Jvando @Zaratthustra @ElixirBlue @Tllmbrg @Nehz_XZX @Mariogoods

Are you willing to handle the remaining inappropriate blog categories according to my instructions earlier in this thread please? As I mentioned earlier, you will get temporary administrator rights if you are willing to help out.
I would be willing to help out, absolutely. I’m currently heading out on a road trip for my cousin’s wedding for this weekend. The soonest I could invest time into the project would be on Monday.

What would be done if there are people who keep adding categories or tier templates to blogs and/or sandboxes? Give them instructions and if they ignore them then warnings?

I would be willing to help out, absolutely. I’m currently heading out on a road trip for my cousin’s wedding for this weekend. The soonest I could invest time into the project would be on Monday.
Thank you very much for the help. I will give you temporary wiki administrator rights then.
What would be done if there are people who keep adding categories or tier templates to blogs and/or sandboxes? Give them instructions and if they ignore them then warnings?
We give them instructions, and if they keep adding categories anyway, we have to resort to official staff warnings, and if it is blatantly apparent that they are willfully messing up our wiki structure and ignore us no matter what we do, we are forced to give them temporary blocks.

We give them instructions, and if they keep adding categories anyway, we have to resort to official staff warnings, and if it is blatantly apparent that they are willfully messing up our wiki structure and ignore us no matter what we do, we are forced to give them temporary blocks.
Oh, okay.

Went back to this page to see if anyone had added tier templates or categories to sandboxes, cleaned up a few and I also noticed that in that category there are still a few blogs to clean up, although not many, and I think it is very easy to find them in that category, instead of the blog post category. Same with blogs in Characters by tier.

Went back to this page to see if anyone had added tier templates or categories to sandboxes, cleaned up a few and I also noticed that in that category there are still a few blogs to clean up, although not many, and I think it is very easy to find them in that category, instead of the blog post category. Same with blogs in Characters by tier.
Thank you.

@Tllmbrg @Crazylatin77 @ElixirBlue

How is your work with this task progressing?

And would you also be willing to help out, @Nehz_XZX ?

Hey Ant, you may want to take a look at this.

Edit. Nvm, the user finally responded. Sorry for bother.

Please be very careful to follow all of my earlier instructions regarding which blog categories that should and should not be removed.

Thank you very much for the help. You are awesome.

And you followed my instructions above by not removing the "Blog posts" category from any blogs, and not removing the "Calculations" or connected verse categories from any calculation blogs?

Thank you very much for the help. You are awesome.

And you followed my instructions above by not removing the "Blog posts" category from any blogs, and not removing the "Calculations" or connected verse categories from any calculation blogs?
You're welcome.

I did not remove the Blog post category and I don't think that any of the blogs I've dealt with had the Calculations category. There is one blog where there was a verse category but since only the profile of the user who made the blog linked to it I figured that I should remove that as well.

Okay. That sounds good. Thanks again.

Yes. Thank you for the help.

I could technically give Dereck03 temporary admin rights to be able to help out with this now that he is a content moderator, but I am uncertain, as he has not gotten used to safely managing the potentially dangerous tools that he already has at his disposal yet.

That would depend on what you and if anything others think, normally I would try to get the job done as quickly as possible so as not to be with those rights for so long if I have them and it's not like I'm going to touch more tools than just blogs, but as I said it depends on you and others. I wouldn't mind as it would be less work for me. But it would help if I were given temporary rights.

Okay. I will give them to you then. Everybody please keep me updated with your progress here.

I'll do so, i've started to clear categories and tier templates from blogs post in this page. Will move to Tiers when i finish with Characters page.

Thank you very much for helping out, but please remember to always let the "Blog posts" category remain, and to let the "Calculations" category remain for calculation blogs, as well as the relevant verse categories if the calculation blogs have been evaluated and accepted.

Thank you. Your help is very appreciated.

I've removed all categories and tier templates of the blogs post of this page, I also cleaned the some sandboxes and gave instructions to the respectives users.

Thank you extremely much for the help. You are really awesome.

Will you go through the tier categories as well?

Yes, today I only focused on that page because it was the largest in quantity. And I was traveling most of the day so I didn't have much time to edit even though I was online. Then later I'll continue with the categories, it's 2:45 am for me and i'm about to go to sleep.

No problem at all. I really appreciate all of your help.

I've cleaned Blogs and sandboxes I have encountered in tier 1, 2, 3 and 4. I will continue with the others later.

Thank you. You are still awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back