• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important! Categories in sandboxes and blog posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I will give you and Tllmbrg temporary increased user rights then. Thanks again for helping out.
@Tllmbrg @Crazylatin77

I have done so. You can remove inappropriate categories from blog posts now. Just please remember what I said earlier.
Also, please do NOT remove the "Blog posts" category from any blog posts at all, or the "Calculations" category from any blog posts with calculations in them, or specific relevant verse categories from any blog posts with accepted calculations.

I went from letter A to Z on the page I linked above and cleaned all the tier templates and categories in the sandboxes I found, about 300 sandboxes or so. I checked again just in case I missed any but it doesn't seem to be. That's all I can do to help.

Also this sandbox is locked and can't edit it, so any admin or Content mod should take care of it.

I went through the above page and removed the categories of the sandboxes I found as well.

A massively big thank you to everybody who are helping out with this project. You are all awesome.

There are plenty of them. But ig admins are taking care of them. Tho is taking a long time. They must be busy as well ig.

Last edited:
Yes, and you are still eligible for a content moderator position if you change your mind at some point, Mariogoods, which would give you an easier time with helping out with this revision.

Thanks a lot for all of your help. You are still awesome.

I've cleaned sandboxes in tier 2, 3 and 4. Tho there are a lot of blogs to clean as well.

Thanks a massive lot for all of your help. You are still awesome.

Thanks a lot for helping out. You are still awesome.

Did we ever write a new text for our Editing Rules page regarding this issue, and if not, would somebody here be willing to write a draft for it please?

After checking, I could not find such a rule at least.

Is something like this acceptable for me to add to the Editing Rules page?

"It is not allowed to insert any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it messes up our wiki's organisation structure to a very extreme degree by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions. It is very appreciated if our staff and experienced members continuously help out with systematically removing all categories from sandbox pages whenever you notice this problem, and if our administrators continuously remove the inappropriate categories from blog posts. Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for calculation or explanation blogs that have been officially accepted by our calc group members (For example, the "Naruto" category can be added to a calculation blog for this verse after it has been accepted.), so those categories should definitely NOT be removed."

"It is not allowed to insert any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it messes up our wiki's organisation structure to a very extreme degree by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions. It is very appreciated if our staff and experienced members continuously help out with systematically removing all categories from sandbox pages whenever you notice this problem, and if our administrators continuously remove the inappropriate categories from blog posts. Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for calculation or explanation blogs that have been officially accepted by our calc group members (For example, the "Naruto" category can be added to a calculation blog for this verse after it has been accepted.), so those categories should definitely NOT be removed."
It sounds okay to me.

I'm not so much of a fan of explaining why the rule was added, and asking staff to deal with rule violations, within the rule itself, but if that's just a matter of taste then whatever.

More substantively, I'd suggest also cautioning against the use of tier templates.

Okay. Thank you for the feedback. How about this then?

"It is not allowed to insert any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it messes up our wiki's organisation structure to a very extreme degree by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions. Tier templates such as <nowiki>{{High 1-A}}</nowiki> should also not be added to any sandboxes or blog posts in this wiki, as they automatically add the corresponding tier categories to the pages they are placed in. Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for calculation or explanation blogs that have been officially accepted by our calc group members (For example, the "Naruto" category can be added to a calculation blog for this verse after it has been accepted.), so those categories should definitely NOT be removed."

This looks good to me.

Okay. Thank you for the feedback. How about this then?

"It is not allowed to insert any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it messes up our wiki's organisation structure to a very extreme degree by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions. Tier templates such as <nowiki>{{High 1-A}}</nowiki> should also not be added to any sandboxes or blog posts in this wiki, as they automatically add the corresponding tier categories to the pages they are placed in. Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for calculation or explanation blogs that have been officially accepted by our calc group members (For example, the "Naruto" category can be added to a calculation blog for this verse after it has been accepted.), so those categories should definitely NOT be removed."
Seems fine to me as well.

Thank you. I will apply the new rule then.

I have added the new rule, and also updated a rule about tier categories that I noticed was outdated.

Edits looks fine. Later I will clean the Sandboxes in the remaining categories to be cleaned.

Thank you. You have been really great and reliable here.

Oh, anyway if you need help you can call me, otherwise I will most likely not try to get involved in these threads.

Okay. No problem. I hope that we will make you a content moderator soon, so I will probably call for you along with the others during important wiki revision threads.

Sandboxes in Tier 7 & 8 cleaned. There are about 10K pages in tier 9 so it will take me a little longer.

Sandboxes in tier 9 are cleaned up, I hadn't seen that @Tllmbrg had already cleaned up tier 10 and I was looking in vain xD. Well that ends my contribution here since only the blogs are left, anyway there may be users who continue adding tier templates or categories to the sandboxes, if I see any I will remove them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back