• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Important announcement to our community (Kek)

Super_Saiyan_God_Julian

Herald of the Julianforce
He/Him
Joke Battles
Administrator
Probably should have done this a while ago, but I have been a bit busy and lazy lol.

Anyways, this is information regarding our incoming forum move. New forums have been created for VS Battle Wiki, FCOC Battles Wiki and Joke Battles Wiki. There is a lot to cover, so I'll just copy and paste a part of Antvasima's message on VSBW. Firstly this:

"I was just given important information by the Fandom staff. The VSB, Joke Battles, and FCOC forums will be backed up around 00:00 UTC on April 15. After that nothing will be saved."

And more in-depth this:

"Hello.

This is information regarding that I, my friend, Fandom, and Community Hired are beginning to prepare for the forum migration.

To do this Fandom will backup our current VSBW, JBW, and FCOC forum threads, send them to a programmer who will convert them to the right format, and then Community Hired will install them into the new forum.

However, any posts made after this date will not be saved, and we all also need sufficient amounts of free time to organise the actual moving process, especially myself (who currently has to manage up to 14 hour daily work shifts)."

Everyone needs to remember that they need to have their emails confirmed by FANDOM in order to receive the invitation to the new forum. This will only apply to those who made their first edit or have been active in the last two years, have over 100 edits and are not banned.

Essentially, all of this means is that, during the moving process, no comments or threads made after April 15th will be saved on the new forum. This isn't exactly important for JBW as there are no ongoing important discussion to finish, but I just want you to keep this in mind.

Any questions you can ask below.

If I confirm my email on one fandom site, I don't need to do it on another, correct? Also, will VSBW, FCOC and JBW share the same forum? I know they won't share the same threads, I more or less mean if we'll share a site with sections for each wiki.

Ehnkr2beboh said:
If I confirm my email on one fandom site, I don't need to do it on another, correct? Also, will VSBW, FCOC and JBW share the same forum? I know they won't share the same threads, I more or less mean if we'll share a site with sections for each wiki.
All I know is that FCOC and JBW will have their own sub-forums. However I'll be sure to ask a staff member in PM's about this.

Rodri "Dante" said:
Ehnkr2beboh said:
Fandom are arses and what to push their bad discussion thing.
It's not as simple as that: Whoever wrote the code for forums did it in such a way that fixing any problem that comes up is unnecessarily hard, or so I heard.
OK, my bad.

Yellowpig10 said:
will the Badges go away on the new site? if they stay will my 250+ day streak carry over to the new site?
We're just moving the forums, not the wiki itself, so I'm sure you'll just keep the badges (unless they're removing that too but i don't think they are as far as I know)

It's not as simple as that: Whoever wrote the code for forums did it in such a way that fixing any problem that comes up is unnecessarily hard, or so I heard.

So whoever wrote the code was an arse.

All I know is that FCOC and JBW will have their own sub-forums. However I'll be sure to ask a staff member in PM's about this.

We will all share the same main forum, yes. It looks similar to the Narutoforums, but with the VSB colour theme.

That is correct, yes.

RinneItachi said:
I have well over 100 edits on VSBW, but not on FC/OC or this one. Does that mean anything?
You should be safe as long as you have at least 100 edits on VSB, are not currently banned there, and have been active sometime the last 2 years. I have also asked Fandom about if it is possible to include Joke Battles and FCOC members by the same criteria.

MaxForward said:
Will message wall threads be affected?
They will still remain as far as I am aware, but possibly get a new format.

Yellowpig10 said:
will the Badges go away on the new site? if they stay will my 250+ day streak carry over to the new site?
I would prefer to avoid any badges in the new forum, to avoid people spamming pointless posts.

Goosethehonker said:
I hope they get better than those discussions
It will likely work better and be more stable than our current forums in itself, but it isn't as convenient to automatically sign up anymore.

@TGOP

I know that you likely replied to a spam troll, but you should still delete that post. Fandom might not like it.

You can all get further information here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4208849

To summarize again, forums are getting nuked, the rest of the wiki is staying just the way it is.

Antvasima said:
@TGOP

I know that you likely replied to a spam troll, but you should still delete that post. Fandom might not like it.
I posted the same image on the main wiki a while ago, and didn't seem to suffer any repercussions.

I don't mean the image itself. I mean that Fandom might not like if it is used against others, even extreme trolls.

That's how it works: any highlight on a wiki that you have participated on will be shown to you.

You need to not visit this wiki for a month to stop getting notifications.

Back