• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Impersonation of VSBW Staff and the Importance of Confirmation

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Hello all. I discussed with my fellow administrators, who felt it would be appropriate to make an announcement on this matter, in an attempt to stop it from happening further.

I was recently made aware of individuals using my namesake on certain external sites and messaging platforms, who used my name to either vindicate their own actions by making them supposedly "official" by the standards of VSBW, or to generate a community under the banner of a staff member of VSBW. This announcement aims to clarify that these people, whoever they are, aren't me, and are using my name to further their own ends.

I have been made aware of a community on WhatsApp run by an individual who claims to be Mr. Bambu, administrator of VS Battles Wiki. I have also been made aware of someone amongst our Indonesian community members who has claimed to have support from such an individual, despite my lack of involvement with them. I feel it is important to clarify that the only community I have ever run (for VSBW purposes, that is), is a small Discord server for friends. It should be easily verifiable whether you have my real Discord account or not, as the real one is listed on my Fandom profile. Beyond Discord, I currently only have a single form of active social media related to the moniker Mr. Bambu, which is a Twitter account I've used recently during the process of deleting SCP. This account is called "theycallmebambu", any other account claiming to be me is attempting to deceive you.

A good policy, I reckon, is that if you see someone claiming to be VSBW staff offsite, ask them onsite if it is them. I'm certainly not the first staff member to have this issue and I really doubt I'll be the last, so just approach such situations with an ounce of skepticism.

I think that's about it. Thanks for reading, don't get tricked.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am pretty sure there are plenty of false impersonators out there that pretend to be some of us just to promote things that are a no go around here. And it's really nothing new as plenty have done the same thing to Antvasima or impersonated VSBW staff while uploading **** and gore. I think this is just a double reminder that staff member impersonation is a serious rule violation here and permaban worthy offense. And if someone offsite is claiming to be one of us while advertising a platform of any form that may not line up with VSBW wiki plans or even outright go against it, it is important to notify the staff member and question and to ask for confirmation that that person isn't us before trying anything.

Don't know if I can reply in here, but we should also clarify what off-site accounts does the administrators have other than this

Cases like this are mostly happening on discord, back then before all of this I met a guy who was apparently "Ultima" and somehow my friend which we will call "Zain" here believed it and you know the rest in which it spreaded like a wildfire but thankfully it wasn't known that much and everyone just thought "Zain" here was joking.

It's up to each staff member whether they want to reveal offsite accounts or not. I'm only publicly stating mine because a community working under someone claiming to be me, is a big issue, in my book. I doubt all staff members would be so forthcoming, although many do have their Discords listed on their Fandom accounts.

Back