• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immobile Tournament Match 11 (Dementia vs Asimov)

I understand Asimov is capable of seeing spirits, right? Even yet, he would need to pass a magic check to perceive Dementia. Furthermore, can Asimov interact with spirits?

Given there's no other individuals in the battlefield that can potentially turn insane, Dementia can't do anything except by floating in one spot and wait until Asimov go cracy.

Asimov dom't seen to have the power to see spirits... And if he coukd saw them, he would be victim of madness manipulations type 3

Even yet, in order to see Dementia would be necessary to pass a Magic Resistance check, even with the capability of seeing spirits; the exception is that people with some degree of insanity can see him, more or less depending of the degree of madness.

Dementia what it does is manipulating cracy people to attack the sane (or not to cracy) ones, including granting powers. Otherwise is just stuck in one place, waiting for the present individuals to turn insane.

Since Dementia is localized is a fluctuating shadow between the physical world and the Wake, is pretty difficult to reach him out even if one can touch spirits, although gamewise, well aimed/fast enough attacks may reach him (partially or fully, depending of the potency of the attack).

Dementia can also summon few clones: they have the same powers as the original, but the clones disappear at the minimum damage. Considering both combatants are immobile, this power is not particularly useful.

Dementia is also immortal (at least, someone that is not a lesser deity): one can destroy its projection, but then the entity go back to the Wake. However, being expelled to the Wake may count as BFR, that can be a wincon.

Dementia what it does is manipulating cracy people to attack the sane (or not to cracy) ones, including granting powers. Otherwise is just stuck in one place, waiting for the present individuals to turn insane.

Since Dementia is localized is a fluctuating shadow between the physical world and the Wake, is pretty difficult to reach him out even if one can touch spirits, although gamewise, well aimed/fast enough attacks may reach him (partially or fully, depending of the potency of the attack).

Dementia can also summon few clones: they have the same powers as the original, but the clones disappear at the minimum damage. Considering both combatants are immobile, this power is not particularly useful.

Dementia is also immortal (at least, someone that is not a lesser deity): one can destroy its projection, but then the entity go back to the Wake. However, being expelled to the Wake may count as BFR, that can be a wincon.
well don't seens like Asimon can acctually touch ghosts/spirits, if what you are saing about needing a magical heck to see It, I would go with Incon, sinse both can't do nothing to one another, if It could see Dementia at least the Madness manipulation type 3 would take care of the rest

Mm? One do not need to see Dementia for the madness to take effect, just to be located within its zone of influence.

I must have read wrong his profile them, don't he have only madness manipulation type 3? That requires the oponent to see the oponent form?
If that is the case then it most likely have the wrong typing; honestly haven't seen the Madness Manip page in a while. Here's the effect if wondering:

Aura of Dementia: Once Dementia has manifested, he begins to extend his presence, expanding gradually like an evil shadow that eats people’s sanity. The time it takes to complete this process is very random; sometimes it requires no more than a few minutes to break someone’s mind and other times it takes days on end. Interestingly, the aura does not have a specific range in space. Its limits are always set by the extent of a building or complex; it might affect a hospital, a walled village, or an underground tunnel network equally. Anyone inside must pass a PsR 80 check every 10 minutes, whose difficulty increases by 5 points (to a maximum of PsR 140) every time it is passed. When an individual fails the check, he begins to be affected by Dementia’s madness; he starts to have visions and hear strange voices, and his perception of reality alters until he enters a state of compulsive psychosis. This state continues until he fails the Psychic Resistance check by more than 60 points, in which case he sinks completely into the most absolute madness for the rest of his days.

Madness Manipulation (Type 3)

Trough he also has It

Mind Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Perception Manipulation, Telepathy (His mere presence can permanently drive others into the deepest of madness, allowing him to control their emotions, perception of reality, and even outright control their minds)

He just have thee wrong madness manipulation
I will take youre words here and vote in the upsidedown man
So

Uh, Asimov technically has already lost his sanity, but we didn't count that for Resistance since it's just a character driven thing... anyways, I'll be back to read later, but I don't think Asimov can really damage Dementia at all, but I also think Madness may not be enough since, well again, Asimov is already batcrap insane at this point in time that it may just make him do what he's been doing more

I have some time

Again I still project that Asimov is just too crazy at this point (like, its stated his mind was starting to decay and stuff) that Madness may not do much except make Asimov less intelligent and just start nuking everything, like he was doing at the end of LAiX

I know it says Aura of Dementia has like... a variable range, but- can someone describe it to me? Demezel in game is located deep underground in a complex Sumeragi Bunker, and it took the entire game to figure out where he even was, so that may possibly be playing a part when he's summoning like a million Lola Tanks everywhere

Either way tho, Asimov can't really... hurt Dementia, so if Dementia can defeat Asimov... well stomp lmao. We're basically debating if this can be an incon

If Asimov is already out of his mind, then even if he can touch Dementia the spirit would suffer no damage, as cracy people can't damage Dementia in anyway; also, that available Dementia to manipulate him, as he can control the insane people.

As for Dementia's aura, yeah, it has variable range, it "adapt" to the context of the campaign: if it takes place in a mansion, then the aura cover the mansion, if it covers a ghost town, so it covers the ghost town.

Alright, not sure how you manipulate things that don’t really have like… a mind, but I’m guessing it’s through some kinda conceptual manip / soul manip type of thing. If that’s the case, yeah, not much Asimov can do. He’s potentially able to resist the Muse’s mind manip but it’s not something I would really count for it.

stomp lmao I tried

Wait LMAO I totally forgot the new CRT has Mind Manip resistance to all Adepts, and it’s dependent on how intense their emotional state is. Do we have a potency on Dementia’s thing? Like how many at once he can screw up or how intense the mind screwing is

Asimov’s Septima by this point basically encompasses the entire world, so it may be hard to overpower in mind manip

Between being cracy and having no mind give some confusion, like, if it's cracy then shouldn't have a mind, or he is cracy in the sense it has no longer a mind? Believe it depends how is "losing your mind" kind of statement is interpreted. In any case, Dementia can't madness hax mindless beings, like your typical zombie or golem.

As for potency, it's hard to tell; going by other users stance with ttrpg, they assume that the "baseline" resistance level in half the dice size (since they reject probability based resistance), that in this case is 50 (half max d100). Given that the average Joe has a Psychic Resistance of 20, and Dementia's difficulty check is 80, that would mean that the average Joe wouldn't be able to resist. The number of the affected one's depends of how much of them fit if the influence area, so is basically a non-factor.

Furthermore, every time someone succeed with the check, the difficulty increase by +5, up to a maximum of 140 (it would take at least 2 hours for the aura to reach its peak potency).

Lmao I’m too lazy to argue and there‘d be too many loops to stretch thru so imma just forfeit. Course Asimov isn’t the average, but I’m also not motivated to prove that so lol

Given the incapability of Asimov of touching Dementia, then the fight is either inconclusive of a win for the spirit, depending whenever Dementia takes control of Asimov due being out of his mind and is considered cracy.

Back