• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Immeasurable Speed

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed)
Threads may have been created like this before, and if so, I apologize for creating another one, but my question wasn't answered when I looked through those comments. So, to start off, Vsbw describes immeasurable speed as a movement beyond linear time. However, directly after that, it states that it's because the speed can't be measured and that the speed formula can't be applied.

Now the character I'm talking about can/has created the type 1 concept of everything within their own verse from nothingness. This means they predate time and space. However, that's not why I made the thread. Predating it means they're not bound to these two things and should be even when it is created. Creating it means they're above it via having to know it to create it from nothing.

If the speed formula is S=D/T, then how can this characteristic be measured using this? They are above and not bounded to time via creating it, making it not measurable, and above and not bounded to distance since they created and are above the 3 special dimensions which make calculating distance possible.

My main point here is that since they're not bound to these things, they should be able to choose whether they want to participate in these two things (Time, Space, or Distance.) If that is the case, shouldn't they receive immeasurable because they are above and not calculable with the speed formula?

Secondly, because they are above and not bound to time, shouldn't they be able to choose if they want to participate in time, (Past, Present, Future)? Shouldn't they also receive immeasurable because they can choose where to go throughout the timeline by participating in space but not time?

Conclusion: Am I crazy or would this scale this character to immeasurable speed?

Threads may have been created like this before, and if so, I apologize for creating another one, but my question wasn't answered when I looked through those comments. So, to start off, Vsbw describes immeasurable speed as a movement beyond linear time. However, directly after that, it states that it's because the speed can't be measured and that the speed formula can't be applied.

Now the character I'm talking about can/has created the type 1 concept of everything within their own verse from nothingness. This means they predate time and space. However, that's not why I made the thread. Predating it means they're not bound to these two things and should be even when it is created. Creating it means they're above it via having to know it to create it from nothing.

If the speed formula is S=D/T, then how can this characteristic be measured using this? They are above and not bounded to time via creating it, making it not measurable, and above and not bounded to distance since they created and are above the 3 special dimensions which make calculating distance possible.

My main point here is that since they're not bound to these things, they should be able to choose whether they want to participate in these two things (Time, Space, or Distance.) If that is the case, shouldn't they receive immeasurable because they are above and not calculable with the speed formula?

Secondly, because they are above and not bound to time, shouldn't they be able to choose if they want to participate in time, (Past, Present, Future)? Shouldn't they also receive immeasurable because they can choose where to go throughout the timeline by participating in space but not time?

Conclusion: Am I crazy or would this scale this character to immeasurable speed?
what verse is it from

No, either they have feat or statement that their sheer speed beyond linear time, predate time and space or concept of time and space doesn't really make said character suddenly capable of moving beyond linear "time". Unless said character move we can't really measure speed

No, either they have feat or statement that their sheer speed beyond linear time, predate time and space or concept of time and space doesn't really make said character suddenly capable of moving beyond linear "time". Unless said character move we can't really measure speed
Is there a reason they can't because I've proven why they should be. Being above and unbounded to time and space which is the same as distance and time via creating the concept and predating it should be immeasurable. We humans are 3d beings, and can freely move within the 3 dimensions of length,width and height. So moving anywhere within these three dimensions aren't crazy and so no matter how far back or forward we want to go, as 3d beings who are not bounded BY these dimensions we can freely go anywhere within them. Being unbounded and above time and space should be the same. Their not dependent on time yet can choose to participate in it and by being above it they should be able to freely move within the timeline which means being able to move beyond linear time by simply stepping should be possible should this character choose, this would make them receive immeasurable speed.

Last edited:
Predating time and space or being unbound by it is at best BDE type 1 or 2
I'm not arguing that predating it makes them receive immeasurable. Rather that creating it from nothingness, it being a type 1 concept And predating it makes them receive immeasurable. First this puts them beyond the speed formula since the're not bounded to neither distance nor time and are above the two which makes it so they can traverse them as they like. Secondly "because they are above and not bound to time, shouldn't they be able to choose if they want to participate in time, (Past, Present, Future)? Shouldn't they also receive immeasurable because they can choose where to go throughout the timeline by participating in space but not time?" This is why they would receive immeasurable speed. Please prove my points wrong or have solid arguments against them when commenting. (P.S- I'm tired and so I apologies if this sounds harsh.)

Last edited:
What about being unbound by time like Bulk beings?

Back