• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'M REALLY FEELING IT! vs Lets shew them the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While Shulk's superior skill and speed would definitely give Rex some trouble, he is VASTLY outdone in sheer versatility.

Not voting

Two of Xenoblade Chronicle's big stars! Let's see how their stats and abilities hold up.

We're likely using Monado III Shulk, and Rex with Pneuma (that's his highest tier, and he's never alone).

Attack Potency: Shulk's at Universe Level+, but so is Rex.

Durability: Both are at Universe level+, so even.

Speed: Shulk is FTL+ (much faster than light), and Rex is likely FTL+.

Shulk's Monado gives him the ability to see into the future, allowing him to act to get a better outcome. He's also got Monado Arts, which include Shield (nullifies attacks), Speed (increased speed and reaction), Armour (reduces damage taken), Eater (removes enemy buffs and inflicts bleed), and Buster (a powerful slash that deals more damage to Mechon). He's also got a few other arts, but let's move on to Rex. Not listing all of them.

Rex also has foresight, but also the ability to lock a command, elemental attacks, and flight. However, he does have the weakness of if Pnuema dies, Rex will be physically damaged a lot, maybe even die.

So in conclusion... this is tough. But Shulk's got enough versatility to definitely go around Rex's command locking, and can reduce his damage taken. I'm not sure how strong Pnuema herself is, but Shulk can likely dispatch of her easier than Rex, if he can land a hit on her. Between Rex and Shulk, however, Shulk likely takes it. They both share numerous abilities, but the ones Shulk's Monado has definitely could be what gives him the win.

I'm voting Shulk wins.

Yes! This is it. However, before I vote, I need to break up the details.

Both characters are Low 2-C, but Shulk is legitimately superior to Zanza, where as Rex's tier comes from being powered by Pneuma. Rex may still be comparable, but the fact that he needed help to defeat Artifice Aion shows that he may be somewhat weaker than Shulk or Zanza. Additionally, Pneuma got her reality warping powers after The Architect died, which means Rex doesn't have the ability to destroy the universe and recreate it in his own image like Shulk or Pneuma do. But it's OOC for Shulk to do quite that.

Also, Shulk's precognition is also stronger; he sees the Past, Present, and Future on an omnipresent scale just like Zanza, where as Rex mostly just sees the next set of attacks. As for speed, They should be comparable, although, Shulk may be likely superior to some extent.

Rex also has a wider variety of elements, but Shulk's dealt with similar opponents, and Monado Purge may disable some of Rex's abilities. Then again, Rex also has similar nullifying enemy debuffs. However, Shulk should still have the upperhand naturally and is more unpredictable compared to Rex.

So all in all, I'm still giving Shulk the win.

You know, Rex´s childish design is very bad for his game, specially after the more adult looking shulk.

PLaying as a child makes the whole game seem more infantile and less serious in comparison.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
You know, Rex´s childish design is very bad for his game, specially after the more adult looking shulk.
PLaying as a child makes the whole game seem more infantile and less serious in comparison.
Different artists tho. I like it myself... for others reasons

If anything, Pyra could have been a better looking protagonist on her own.

Being childish just makes your make seem less important than the others.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
Is this really necessary or appropriate to post here?

Rex & Pneuma crushes Shulk with no difficulty thanks to light speed swordplay (this is the chapter 6 Rex vs Jin fight all over again) or slow down hax coupled with a blast from Siren.

Rex could also win by giving Shulk super cancer with the help of the Catalyst Blade. Good luck blocking or dodging the moisture in the air Shulk.

Rex takes it with ease.

OT: The Nopon Archsage from the Challenge DLC seems to be the new strongest being in the setting. To think a Nopon would be the Monad of the greater Xenoblade setting.

Unlike Jin, Shulk also has Reality Warping powers that are arguably stronger than Rex's. Stopping time isn't doesn't help much if Shulk completely Time Paradoxes Rex. Besides, both characters have the same speed rating with Shulk perhaps having the edge since he's strait up FTL+ as opposed to likely.

Also, Rex is simply powered by Pneuma in this thread, Pneuma isn't directly fighting two on one against Shulk, that would be considered outside help. Shulk can also use Monado Shield or Monado Aura to block/dodge Catalyst Scimitar's water.

Doubt Nopon Archsage is canonically Zanza/Architect's level; using game mechanic statistics as a reason to judge power levels is bad; it's like saying Brachiosaurus is above Kefka. And we don't consider Omega or Shinryu above Neo-Exdeath for those reasons either. But please don't derail the thread with off topic DLC.

Anyway, Shulk - 7 and Rex - 1; Grace Period ends in less than an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back