• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

I'm Going Ghost! vs SHAZAM! (Danny Phantom vs Black Adam) (0 - 0 - 7) (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Because why not, there aren't many matches with Danny fighting actual superhero/supervillans

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 1/8-A Danny Phantom vs Black Adam

Danny Phantom:

Black Adam (Post-Crisis)

Inconclusive: 7 (LordGriffin1000, Rockymountainjammer, Mariogoods, Marvel_Champion_07, TheMonkeMan, Sonicflare9, Peppersalt43

Danny_render.gif
Black_Adam_Classic_Suit_2.png

Last edited:
I thought it said Danny Phantom vs Black Man 😭
Lol!
Anyway since I'm here, what do they start with?
Danny either goes for physical punches (which won't do anything until his RE buffs him to Black Adams level) and energy blasts which effect the body on a molecular level, the soul, and mind.

I don't know what Black Adam starts with.

Does this black Adam still have invulnerability? The only thing that would affect him is magic.
I've just recently read a large amount of post-crisis comics featuring Black Adam because my interest in him rose a lot thanks to his movie. To my knowledge, he indeed can be affected by non-magical means from opponents at his level in this iteration.

See these examples: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The guy wearing the robot suit, not the girl using a "spirit shot")

With that said, it's much easier said than done to put Adam down in a straightforward beatdown kind of way. He's fought the majority of the JSA on his own without going down for the count, as long his powers work, on multiple occasions. Albeit, the second time shown they are missing a few notable members, and the third time, its arguable that not all of them are in top shape. Still, this is not to be discredited, even Hawkman with Alan Scott's power added on to his wasn't enough to put Adam down while he's in his transformed state.

He even stood against a much larger group of heroes featuring heavy hitters such as Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Guy Gardner, John Stewart, Alan Scott, Hawkgirl, Firestorm, Donna Troy and many more all at once, only losing once he was forced out of his transformation and had the word which triggers it changed. (There are two separate depictions of this event, here I will link imgur albums containing both: 1, 2 )

Although it does sound like Danny might have the means to do it.
Danny either goes for physical punches (which won't do anything until his RE buffs him to Black Adams level) and energy blasts which effect the body on a molecular level, the soul, and mind.

I don't know what Black Adam starts with.
Adam starts with straightforward hand to hand combat and sticks with it for the majority of his fights. He excels at these superpowered brawls he engages in, able to take on top dogs like Superman, Captain Marvel, and Martian Manhunter the same way he'd take on someone like Atom Smasher or Wildcat, and able to beat down many opponents all at once. He fights with an unmatched fierceness among these heroes and won't hesitate to take extreme measures in attaining his victory.

He situationally uses his thunderclaps when needed, not shying away from doing so if it can be advantageous for him. Empowering his attacks with electricity or attacking with lightning strikes in any form is a tactic which I found to be surprisingly rare for him in my reading, seemingly only reserved for times when he is really serious.

These energy blasts sound problematic, seeing as Adam doesn't resist two of those three things. His mind might be alright, however, seeing as he was able to ward off mental control from Martian Manhunter before. Would it be possible for him to do away with them with a thunderclap?

Having said all this, I am by no means an expert on DC comics, and I could be missing information (although I have read nearly all of the comics Black Adam has listed under his "appearances" in the post-crisis era, on the DC wiki.) Someone else may be able to provide better information than me.

.Adam starts with straightforward hand to hand combat and sticks with it for the majority of his fights. He excels at these superpowered brawls he engages in, able to take on top dogs like Superman, Captain Marvel, and Martian Manhunter the same way he'd take on someone like Atom Smasher or Wildcat, and able to beat down many opponents all at once. He fights with an unmatched fierceness among these heroes and won't hesitate to take extreme measures in attaining his victory.
Then he can take Danny in hand to hand without much issue, with Danny's main counter being body control and his other type of intangibility but given he's cocky, he could be caught off guard.
He situationally uses his thunderclaps when needed, not shying away from doing so if it can be advantageous for him. Empowering his attacks with electricity or attacking with lightning strikes in any form is a tactic which I found to be surprisingly rare for him in my reading, seemingly only reserved for times when he is really serious.
Electricity can be a serious problem as the shock could knock him out of his ghost form if he isn't careful, although his sheilds should be able to block and reflect them (although Black Adam wouldn't be harmed by his own lighting so the reflection part wouldn't be an issue)
These energy blasts sound problematic, seeing as Adam doesn't resist two of those three things. His mind might be alright, however, seeing as he was able to ward off mental control from Martian Manhunter before. Would it be possible for him to do away with them with a thunderclap?
Depends on if Martian Manhunter's mind control is 4-D, since ectoplasm and it's effect are 4-D in potency. However, yes, thunderclaps can do away with them due to overwhelming force.
Having said all this, I am by no means an expert on DC comics, and I could be missing information (although I have read nearly all of the comics Black Adam has listed under his "appearances" in the post-crisis era, on the DC wiki.) Someone else may be able to provide better information than me.
Thanks still for providing some good information.

with Danny's main counter being body control and his other type of intangibility
Adam does have NPI, thanks to interacting with Raven's soul self. Not sure if this inherently means he should be able to touch Danny while he's intangible, they might work differently.

I'm taking a look at the Ghost Physiology page right now, and the Body Control looks pretty good, Danny can definitely work out some tricks with that, however Adam has faced opponents who use somewhat similar abilities before and won, so he wouldn't be completely unprepared for something like that, still I'm not sure if he has faced anyone with the ability to manipulate their body on the degree Danny can (like splitting himself in two), so using this to catch Adam by surprise is on the table for sure.
Depends on if Martian Manhunter's mind control is 4-D, since ectoplasm and it's effect are 4-D in potency. However, yes, thunderclaps can do away with them due to overwhelming force.
Not sure about Martian Manhunter's potency, hopefully someone more knowledgeable about DC can answer that. For now, I would be comfortable assuming that it's not.

How dangerous would it be for Adam to be hit with even one of these blasts, considering his lack of resistances?
Electricity can be a serious problem as the shock could knock him out of his ghost form if he isn't careful
Adam's electricity is pretty strong. Using it, he has cooked a man down to his skeleton in what was likely no more than just a second or two, before.
Thanks still for providing some good information.
No problem, glad I can help. Adam is a pretty cool character so I was excited to see him in a vs match.

Adam does have NPI, thanks to interacting with Raven's soul self. Not sure if this inherently means he should be able to touch Danny while he's intangible, they might work differently.
I was refering to Danny's other intangibility. Adam can 100% touch and harm Danny normally but Danny Phantom ghosts have another intangibility that they use more often for when their in the physical world which is shown to be different when compared to the natural intangible of their true state. While Danny uses it though, he doesn't spam it repeatedly in fights.

Basically, Danny Phantom ghosts are spirits made entirely of non-corporeal ectoplasm and consciousness but they can't physically interact with the human world and vice versa (Black Adam can harm Danny in this state). In order to interact with the physical world, ghosts make themselves tangible bodies of ectoplasm. This allows anyone to physically be able to touch them but since they are still made out of ectoplasm you'd need to be able to harm spirits or ectoplasm to cause them pain. (Black Adam can harm Danny in this state)

Then they have the unique ability to turn their physical forms intangible through a power different from their true ectoplasm state which still allows them to attack but avoid being touched and they can spread this to others. (This is the one I don't think Adam can interact with because it's different from spirit intangibility and this is the one Danny is more prone to use instead of the spirit based one.)

It's gone into detail in the Ghost Physiology page which I'll quote.

Intangibility: Contrary to popular belief, ghosts in Danny Phantom are naturally intangible. On multiple occasions, ghosts have be shown phasing through solid objects without the use of their power to turn themselves intangible.[1] This is supported by the fact that humans passively phase through objects while in the Ghost Zone without knowing they were able to.[21] This is due to everything being made of ectoplasm, and thus ghosts naturally phase through everything in the real world unless they decide to become physically. While physical, ghosts have the power turn their body intangible,[22] as well as spread this effect to other objects with the use of their energy.[22] Lastly, ghosts can become a non-solid[19] and allow things to harmlessly go through them,[20] this being a form of element intangibility.

I'm taking a look at the Ghost Physiology page right now, and the Body Control looks pretty good, Danny can definitely work out some tricks with that, however Adam has faced opponents who use somewhat similar abilities before and won, so he wouldn't be completely unprepared for something like that, still I'm not sure if he has faced anyone with the ability to manipulate their body on the degree Danny can (like splitting himself in two), so using this to catch Adam by surprise is on the table for sure.
Fair enough.
How dangerous would it be for Adam to be hit with even one of these blasts, considering his lack of resistances?
It would cause immense pain to his mind and spirit, and tare a hole in him the size of the beam as it hits on a molecular level. Though it's not impossible to dodge or counter with his own blasts, Danny rarely makes large scaled beams/blasts.

Adam's electricity is pretty strong. Using it, he has cooked a man down to his skeleton in what was likely no more than just a second or two, before.
Yeah, Danny would get cooked if he doesn't dodge since he's never taken electricity that can do that.

I was refering to Danny's other intangibility. Adam can 100% touch and harm Danny normally but Danny Phantom ghosts have another intangibility that they use more often for when their in the physical world which is shown to be different when compared to the natural intangible of their true state. While Danny uses it though, he doesn't spam it repeatedly in fights.
Ah, I gotcha, makes sense.
It would cause immense pain to his mind and spirit, and tare a hole in him the size of the beam as it hits on a molecular level. Though it's not impossible to dodge or counter with his own blasts, Danny rarely makes large scaled beams/blasts.
That's definitely a very large threat, even if the blasts aren't huge. Black Adam is sort of the kind of guy who is willing to stand there and take attacks head on from just about anyone. That doesn't mean he's not going to defend himself, but that he's willing to get hit in order to land hits. And in a case like this, getting hit at all with those is a major problem. I doubt he could really afford to take many.

As long as the hole that gets put in him isn't too big, or in the wrong place, he could probably continue fighting, at least after one blast. And being wounded to that point he'd probably be pretty willing to fight with his electricity if he wasn't already, and he'd understand the necessity of avoiding those blasts and take the necessary steps to do so, like his thunderclaps and potentially using his electricity against them, although I don't know of any examples of him utilizing the latter option.

I honestly can't really think of any major significant feats involving him dodging projectiles but he has been shown briefly out-flying fire from jet fighters before.

At that point, I think it's a matter of whether he's able to hit Danny with his electricity before it's loo late, or not. To my knowledge, his primary ways of using electricity include: Bringing it down from above (I am fairly confident he has done this more than once, but I could only find the one example right now), infusing his blows with it, and using his transformation offensively. He has also just generated it around his body while flying before. It's not common of him to fight from range, and that isn't very good here considering that Danny's best offensive choice is at range.

Since the thread creator can vote on their match, I'm going to vote Inconclusive since I can see it going either way

Black Adam is far superior in physical strength starting out, has batter hand to hand skill, and can actually harm Danny, plus a solid electric attack is pretty much a win. Danny's attacks aren't to hard to avoid either but can lead to a loss if hit.

Danny on the other hand has his ectoplasmic energy attacks which can ignore durability and he has possession. He can utilize body control and his more used intangibility to avoid attacks but given hid overconfidence it could lead him to get hit before he gets to Adams level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back