• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Ike has a skill advantage and... that's basically it. Sonic's got basically everything else.

Ike hasn't been exactly updated, but....

Ike, in Path of Radiance, scales to an amped Ashnard, who was capable of frightening Naesala (even in base), who should scale above most laguz (who should scale above most Beorc/1.39)

In Radiant Dawn, Ike scales even more massively above his PoR self, being equal to Zelgius, who's far stronger than Ike was in the previous game

The AP gap is a lot closer than 3.4x, Ike also has an increase to Durability while using Ragnell. Ike is also as strong as, and has the same hax (albeit without a x5 AP amp on his dura neg) as Zelgius does. Aether, which is a technique combining the skills Sol and Luna (in that order, of course), heals Ike (while dealing 3x damage) and then negates Sonic's durability.

Ike landing Aether even once should give him the win, which is reasonable given that he outskills

Oh my god, sorry, I've been keeping busy and missed this.

The AP gap is a lot closer than 3.4x, Ike also has an increase to Durability while using Ragnell. Ike is also as strong as, and has the same hax (albeit without a x5 AP amp on his dura neg) as Zelgius does. Aether, which is a technique combining the skills Sol and Luna (in that order, of course), heals Ike (while dealing 3x damage) and then negates Sonic's durability.

Ike landing Aether even once should give him the win, which is reasonable given that he outskills
If he can catch Sonic.

There are more going for Sonic in the AP department. Sonic can stat increase his AP with the Spin Attack. Sonic's base AP was tanked on Metal Robotnik's shell and the recoil hurt himself. Sonic later shoot himself through Metal Robotnik's shell and cut him in half with the Spin Attack.

As for Ike trying to catch Sonic, Sonic has tricks to overcome the Speed Equalization.

Sonic have use Afterimages to trick Metal Sonic, who has the same speed as Sonic and was even catching up to Sonic using a Speed Amp.

And on the Ground, Sonic can... (looking at Ike's speed calc to make sure Sonic's calc is higher) can increase his speed to give himself the speed advantage in the fight.

There is also the Mobility Advantage Sonic has over Ike, being a skilled Acrobatic and can fly. (Sonic's smaller size, while not listed on the profile as of yet, ontop of everything else, gives Ike a harder time hitting Sonic with the swings of his sword)

Voting for Sonic the Hedgehog

I mean, it was decided that Nihil could probably just null Sonic's speed amps in the other thread, that's part of why I brought up that Ike literally has the same hax

I mean, it was decided that Nihil could probably just null Sonic's speed amps in the other thread, that's part of why I brought up that Ike literally has the same hax
:v I remember now. I still forget the details, does Ike need to touch Sonic for that?

Is there an area of effect or can no one in the verse increase their speed stats?

It's not exactly AoE, but it "activates" whenever the user is targeted (you could, for example, be fighting someone next to Ike and still activate your abilities)

Range should be comparable to siege tomes, iirc ("hundreds of meters")

Ok... I'm not giving up on this just yet, could it... work on Sonic, if Sonic's Amp allows him to blitz his pervious speed?

I mean, if we have reason to believe he can activate it at all. Pretty sure he needs to resist Power Null

Back